View Poll Results: Should Fields Start over Salmons

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 68.75%
  • No

    1 3.13%
  • Only on Back to backs

    9 28.13%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Landry Fields or Salmons

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Landry Fields or Salmons

    Hey guys i was just wondering if you guys think Fields should be in front of Salmons.

    I personally think he should but only on back to back or if Salmons does really bad in the first half

    What do y'all think
    Last edited by Abbas; Fri Mar 21st, 2014 at 11:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why not on back to backs, just to see where his game is at? I mean, when he was thrown into the starting lineup a few weeks ago, he was decent, and I don't think we lose much when taking away minutes from a tired John Salmons.

    Specifically, I'd like to see Fields used a bit with the Grevis and Lowry lineups. He's very active off the ball, makes good cuts, plays decent defence, can be good in transition, and can make smart plays. If you put him in a lineup with Grevis, Lowry, Patterson, and JV, the spacing would be there and I think the ball would move well.

  3. Like ezz_bee, Beagle, Nilanka liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think Salmons can even hold Fields jock strap. Don't understand the Casey love for Salmons. What ever he gives you on the offensive end he more than gives up on the defensive end. Earlier this season, Fields was the man they put on LeBron to hold him down. The Raps are missing that kind of defensive specialist these last 30 games. FreeFields.

  5. Like Bendit liked this post
  6. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I don't think Salmons can even hold Fields jock strap. Don't understand the Casey love for Salmons. What ever he gives you on the offensive end he more than gives up on the defensive end. Earlier this season, Fields was the man they put on LeBron to hold him down. The Raps are missing that kind of defensive specialist these last 30 games. FreeFields.
    The problem is, the man is literally scared to shoot the ball.

  7. Like mountio, Mediumcore liked this post
  8. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The problem is, the man is literally scared to shoot the ball.
    He'll shoot the ball close to the rim so his backdoor cuts are effective. His movement off the ball could open up space for the shooters on the floor. Better than watching Atlantic salmon jack up fade away 19footers with 18 seconds left on the shot clock

  9. Like Beagle liked this post
  10. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The problem is, the man is literally scared to shoot the ball.
    I honestly think that problem will stop once he gets more time on the court
    Slowly but Surely

    I hae a wired feeling that Fields might start coming back in the playoffs, Coach C doesnt want to to get hurt again casue he is an injury prone
    But again, i might just be dreaming

  11. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The problem is, the man is literally scared to shoot the ball.

    He doesn't have to. There is no lack of people on the Raptors team that aren't afraid to shoot. there is a real scarcity of players who can effectively defend. Fields fills that role in spades.

  12. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    He doesn't have to. There is no lack of people on the Raptors team that aren't afraid to shoot. there is a real scarcity of players who can effectively defend. Fields fills that role in spades.
    I dunno, I'm not going to pretend I have the best basketball mind around, but I think that having a wing on the floor who's visibly afraid to shoot anything but a layup is a massive problem. You have to be a defensive force to make up for that, and he isn't at that level.

    Don't get me wrong, I like watching Fields play. I also thoroughly enjoy questioning Casey's strategy. In this case though, I think he's doing the right thing.

  13. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know it's healthy but I'm not a fan of Salmon. I'd like a bigger serving of Portuguese Chicken instead. Running in the Fields could also make up for the lack of valuable nutrients that Salmon provides.

  14. #10
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was damn near courtside at the Pistons game watching him warm up. He still has a hitch in his shot. Still has nerve problems...I can tell

  15. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I suppose when 2Pat comes back, though, we'll have a big who can space out the floor and balance out Field's lack of O. Until then I can't see it happening.

  16. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about De Colo with Vasquez playing off the ball since he has the size?

  17. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    How about De Colo with Vasquez playing off the ball since he has the size?
    Jesus did you not read the thread title?

  18. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I dunno, I'm not going to pretend I have the best basketball mind around, but I think that having a wing on the floor who's visibly afraid to shoot anything but a layup is a massive problem. You have to be a defensive force to make up for that, and he isn't at that level.

    Don't get me wrong, I like watching Fields play. I also thoroughly enjoy questioning Casey's strategy. In this case though, I think he's doing the right thing.
    He would provide a lot more than defense. Constantly keeping the opposing defense aware with his cutting ability, and giving us an extra ball handler just in case.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  19. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I suppose when 2Pat comes back, though, we'll have a big who can space out the floor and balance out Field's lack of O. Until then I can't see it happening.
    It'll be wrist slashing time if we find out that 2Pat has the Fields malady (didnt it begin with an elbow problem?).

  20. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Breaking News....looks like the Aussies may have found some wreckage in the Indian ocean search of the Malaysian plane..

  21. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    It'll be wrist slashing time if we find out that 2Pat has the Fields malady (didnt it begin with an elbow problem?).
    Well Patterson hasn't showed any signs of it being the same thing as Fields. Fields was slowly losing his shooting touch over time before he even got to the Raptors. Patterson hasn't shown any signs of that. Also supposedly Fields problem is very rare in sports so I doubt it. Fields also said he never felt any pain that's why he paid no mind to it. Patterson felt pain and discomfort.

  22. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    It'll be wrist slashing time if we find out that 2Pat has the Fields malady (didnt it begin with an elbow problem?).
    But catching it this early can only be a good thing in comparison to the Knicks letting Fields get worse and worse.

  23. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Imagine a day where the Raptors are not spending $6M+ (or 10% of the cap) on a scrub.

    Salmons might be bringing something in practice that Field's doesn't. Maybe Salmons is a harder worker, or is able to do the things that Casey asks of him and Fields struggles. Ultimately I would like to see Landry get some more playing time just to get his confidence back but I don't see it happening.

  24. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Why not on back to backs, just to see where his game is at? I mean, when he was thrown into the starting lineup a few weeks ago, he was decent, and I don't think we lose much when taking away minutes from a tired John Salmons.

    Specifically, I'd like to see Fields used a bit with the Grevis and Lowry lineups. He's very active off the ball, makes good cuts, plays decent defence, can be good in transition, and can make smart plays. If you put him in a lineup with Grevis, Lowry, Patterson, and JV, the spacing would be there and I think the ball would move well.
    This!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •