No announcement yet.

Landry Fields or Salmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News....looks like the Aussies may have found some wreckage in the Indian ocean search of the Malaysian plane..

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      It'll be wrist slashing time if we find out that 2Pat has the Fields malady (didnt it begin with an elbow problem?).
      Well Patterson hasn't showed any signs of it being the same thing as Fields. Fields was slowly losing his shooting touch over time before he even got to the Raptors. Patterson hasn't shown any signs of that. Also supposedly Fields problem is very rare in sports so I doubt it. Fields also said he never felt any pain that's why he paid no mind to it. Patterson felt pain and discomfort.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        It'll be wrist slashing time if we find out that 2Pat has the Fields malady (didnt it begin with an elbow problem?).
        But catching it this early can only be a good thing in comparison to the Knicks letting Fields get worse and worse.

Comment

Imagine a day where the Raptors are not spending $6M+ (or 10% of the cap) on a scrub.

Salmons might be bringing something in practice that Field's doesn't. Maybe Salmons is a harder worker, or is able to do the things that Casey asks of him and Fields struggles. Ultimately I would like to see Landry get some more playing time just to get his confidence back but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            Why not on back to backs, just to see where his game is at? I mean, when he was thrown into the starting lineup a few weeks ago, he was decent, and I don't think we lose much when taking away minutes from a tired John Salmons.

Specifically, I'd like to see Fields used a bit with the Grevis and Lowry lineups. He's very active off the ball, makes good cuts, plays decent defence, can be good in transition, and can make smart plays. If you put him in a lineup with Grevis, Lowry, Patterson, and JV, the spacing would be there and I think the ball would move well.
            This!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Yea not sure what DC's issue is. The only thing salmon has over Field's is shooting (even though he's not that great a shooter). Fields has proven to be a decent point forward option, great at making cuts, and good at guarding 2/3s.

I guess Salmon's also has a bit more poise than Fields. Salmon's does make mistakes at times but he's usually reliable during crunch time. Not sure where field's at mentally right now. He probably has 0 confidence right now because he's riding the pine 99% of the time.

Comment

I'd be happy to see Fields get some playing time ahead of Salmons, because it's not like Salmons' shot has been dropping lately.

On a related note, I quite liked what I saw from De Colo last night, so he could be a third option, at least for the backup SG spot.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I'd be happy to see Fields get some playing time ahead of Salmons, because it's not like Salmons' shot has been dropping lately.

On a related note, I quite liked what I saw from De Colo last night, so he could be a third option, at least for the backup SG spot.
                  Although against the rules of this thread, I might even lean towards giving De Colo the full-time backup gig for a stretch of 3-5 games and seeing how he runs with it.

At first, I was against the idea of screwing with the rotation, but with recent injuries, and Salmons not providing much anyway, it seems like a good idea at least in terms of player evaluation. Masai knows what he's got in Fields and Salmons, but De Colo is still somewhat of an unknown.

Comment

Salmons, then the Salmons you get on a back to back, and perhaps Feilds after that. Not only can Fields not shoot the ball, but he can't dribble it either, and Salmons is no slouch defensively, so I don't mind the little he gives up to Fields in that department. Salmons brings a lot more to the table I feel.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Salmons, then the Salmons you get on a back to back, and perhaps Feilds after that. Not only can Fields not shoot the ball, but he can't dribble it either, and Salmons is no slouch defensively, so I don't mind the little he gives up to Fields in that department. Salmons brings a lot more to the table I feel.
                      I actually think Fields has better ball-handling ability than either DeRozan or Ross.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Jesus did you not read the thread title?
                        Jesus bad hair day or something?

What if I think neither should be playing? They are both severely limited on the offensive side of the floor, whereas De Colo has both sides of the ball so I think he should be playing over both of them.

Comment

Salmons has been putrid in March. ~31 FG%, ~27% from beyond the arc. Salmons is fine when Patterson and Vasquez are playing well cause you don't need his scoring but they can't rely on him to provide any offense. He's been playing less recently (hasn't broken 20 minutes since the Brooklyn game), so the coaching staff is obviously not ignoring the recent struggles.

The issue with Fields is that he really hasn't played: 9 games since January 1st and 8 of those have been pure garbage time (less than 2 minutes in 5 of those games). Clearly, Casey doesn't think he gives them anything when he's out there. Given how they've played since January 1st, it's hard to argue.

For me, the issue is less about Salmons and Fields and more about Ross. Ross needs to be a 30 MPG guy for them and that means he needs to be consistent and productive. In the playoffs, Ross needs to be 35+MPG guy, they can't be running out Fields and Salmons out there much, if at all.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

What if I think neither should be playing? They are both severely limited on the offensive side of the floor, whereas De Colo has both sides of the ball so I think he should be playing over both of them.
                            Lol I was just kidding you. I thought it was funny that you mentioned two players and neither were the two mentioned by the OP. And FWIW I agree, I'd like to see De Colo get a shot.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Gotta agree with you. If Fields was healthy this debate would make sense, but it certainly seems he isn't and De Colo has supplanted him, at least for the time being.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I actually think Fields has better ball-handling ability than either DeRozan or Ross.
                                If he does, I've yet to see it. Any time the ball is passed to Fields you know he is going to swing the ball. Atleast with Ross or DD, you know they can be a threat to drive the ball if they see an open lane.

Comment

Working...
                                X