Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is our Playoff Theme?

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is our Playoff Theme?

Hey guys,

Since we are going to make the playoffs AND will have a shot at a second round appearance, I feel like we should have a theme for the home crowd to build the playoff culture. For example, the Heat have the "White Hot" theme that is known league wide and is a source of pride for the team.

What should we do to help create a great league wide presence?

I personally feel like we should use our biggest weakness as our source of pride. The Raps have always had trouble attracting players due to our cold weather and I think it would be great if our fans embraced it and made a theme of it.

My favorite is the idea of a #WinterIsComing playoff theme with all white shirts at our home games. Embraces the cold as well as the unforeseen rise of the Raptors this season. All-white is common however, but this theme can be used every season we make the post season and has a pretty big cultural impact with the popularity of Game of Thrones.lol

I also would like to see a purple theme as a retro look and it is not a common color, although I have no idea how to incorporate it.

A Raptor specific could be a see of red with custom raptor t-shirts for every fan with a raptor tearing out of the front and as a #PackHunter or #ReleaseTheBeast or #InnerDino type themes

Either way I would love to see MLSE really put some time and effort into growing a playoffs culture that even the common fan around the league knows of. I think here is as good a spot as any to come up with a theme that MLSE should put to use, please put forth any and all ideas you guys come up with!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the white shirts idea, it was kinda cool.

3. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#Releasethepack? Raptors (the dinosaurs) hunted in packs.

You could have the team come out led by The Raptor and maybe Stripes as well.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

5. Like Letter N, 2KJ, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

#StartedFromTheBottom

7. Like GoldenBaller, Jclaw, BigCamB, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the thunders Coordinated Blue and white segments. Would look awesome with red and white imo.

Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Mar 23rd, 2014 at 03:09 AM.

9. Like GoldenBaller, Letter N, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dope idea for a thread.

I would love something like this done. But I guess it's too much to ask. But a man can dream right

11. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I like the thunders Coordinated Blue and white segments. Would look awesome with red and white imo.

Did you also know that they stand on their feet until the Thunder score their first bucket? I really feel like we have this type of crowd, just need to get a lil more educated... We definitely have the atmosphere in our city to make the ACC a hype home court like Sac-town had for all those years.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

13. Like Letter N, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with continuing the Sea of Red, as long as the opponents don't pick red uniforms like the Nets did in that embarrassing moment of raptors folklore

15. Like Burnit482, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Did you also know that they stand on their feet until the Thunder score their first bucket? I really feel like we have this type of crowd, just need to get a lil more educated... We definitely have the atmosphere in our city to make the ACC a hype home court like Sac-town had for all those years.
    Ya the idea of red and white sections would be wicked, as well as random stuff like this^

Red stands on D?

White stands on O?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Ya the idea of red and white sections would be wicked, as well as random stuff like this^

Red stands on D?

White stands on O?
    But what happens when the teams switch sides?

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RepTdot wrote: View Post
    Nothing wrong with continuing the Sea of Red, as long as the opponents don't pick red uniforms like the Nets did in that embarrassing moment of raptors folklore
    I was there. It felt surreal.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the "Winter is Coming" idea, although HBO may slap MLSE with a lawsuit

I've always liked the white towel waving. 20,000 people maniacally waving towels makes it look like 40,000 people.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

20. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A Raptor always pays his debts...but usually waits until the 4th quarter!!

22. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope our playoff theme is winning.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, mass towel wave is a pretty epic sight.

Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see a sea of purple with red and white towels
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a friend at work whos typically a hockey/leafs fan, was at the toronto/okc game and said he had never seen such a hyped up crazy crowd in toronto before. bball is taking over, baby!

27. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread. Traditions don't start unless people come together to start them, and keep them alive. Granted Raptor fans haven't had much to cheer about in their history, but starting something to call our own is long overdue. Feel like it has to come from MLSE for people to take part though (either towels or t-shirts on seats etc.).

As for the all-white crowd, check out #11 on this list http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...itions/page/12

Looks unreal. We need to come up with something. Every video on that list makes me wish I went to an American college for the sole purpose of attending sporting events.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I like the "Winter is Coming" idea, although HBO may slap MLSE with a lawsuit

I've always liked the white towel waving. 20,000 people maniacally waving towels makes it look like 40,000 people.
    Ya there are so many applicable themes from GoT like #WarInTheNorth and #WinterIsComing. I love the idea of MLSE handing out all white T-Shirts with #WinterIsComing across the back. Those with matching custom white towels would be a freaking spectacle. I also don't know if it would cause problems with HBO, as it is pretty much a huge source of free marketing, as long as we let them know I don't see a problem with it...but that is for people with no soul to decide

Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    Great thread. Traditions don't start unless people come together to start them, and keep them alive. Granted Raptor fans haven't had much to cheer about in their history, but starting something to call our own is long overdue. Feel like it has to come from MLSE for people to take part though (either towels or t-shirts on seats etc.).

As for the all-white crowd, check out #11 on this list http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...itions/page/12

Looks unreal. We need to come up with something. Every video on that list makes me wish I went to an American college for the sole purpose of attending sporting events.
    This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out, and MLSE should as well. We need an identity as fans that will help grow our own team within Toronto, rather than just being the Leafs little brother. Having our own playoff identity will help that, and will help american perspective on us as well.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I love the idea of MLSE handing out all white T-Shirts with #WinterIsComing across the back.
    I have no problem with "Winter is Coming" t-shirts (despite it being a blatant rip off), but wouldn't that make more sense during pre-season/start of the regular season? I mean winter isn't exactly "coming" in late april...

I Think I'm going to have to change my avatar to a wet blanket, but I care less about a great playoff atmosphere and more about playoff wins. Yes, there is some marginal advantages to a boisterous home crowd, but get the wins and the traditions and atmosphere will take care of themselves. That said, I would be MORE than happy to participate in any home crowd antics if I can get to a playoff game.

I am mean, how is it possible to establish any kind of traditions when you only get to the playoffs once a decade?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information