Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is our Playoff Theme?

Raptors Republic Rookie Skip2MyLou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#greatwhitenorth

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I have no problem with "Winter is Coming" t-shirts (despite it being a blatant rip off), but wouldn't that make more sense during pre-season/start of the regular season? I mean winter isn't exactly "coming" in late april...

I Think I'm going to have to change my avatar to a wet blanket, but I care less about a great playoff atmosphere and more about playoff wins. Yes, there is some marginal advantages to a boisterous home crowd, but get the wins and the traditions and atmosphere will take care of themselves. That said, I would be MORE than happy to participate in any home crowd antics if I can get to a playoff game.

I am mean, how is it possible to establish any kind of traditions when you only get to the playoffs once a decade?
    It's not actually about the weather, its about how we are usually viewed as the cold Canadian team...aka "winter"...and winter is coming as an inevitable, unstoppable force. That's the point.

We all want playoff wins. Don't be a negative nancy about getting the fans to embrace a theme and create a known playoff atmosphere around the league, the benefits can only be positive.

Quote Skip2MyLou wrote: View Post
    #greatwhitenorth
    Solid. Definitely has the "cold canada" theme without the legal ripoff.lol

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like this winter idea. Winter has defeated everyone this year. Everyone hates it only because they can't beat it. It will especially ironic when it's going on in june. It does the traditional thing of taking what people use to put us down and transforming it into something we own with pride.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

4. Like OldSkoolCool, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#Rebirth

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    We all want playoff wins. Don't be a negative nancy about getting the fans to embrace a theme and create a known playoff atmosphere around the league, the benefits can only be positive.
    Fair enough.

GO RAPS!!!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I find a bit strange about the #winteriscoming idea is that an ice age wiped out Raptors from existence. Not that I have a better idea, it just seems like a bad omen!
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

8. Like Charlie Brown, GoldenBaller liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Release the beast

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    Only thing I find a bit strange about the #winteriscoming idea is that an ice age wiped out Raptors from existence. Not that I have a better idea, it just seems like a bad omen!
    The only thing with your theory is that the dinosaurs were not wiped out by the ice age....

Dinosaurs went extinct with the K-T Extinction event about 66 million years ago and signifies the end of the Mesozoic Era and the beginning of the current Cenozoic Era. The Ice Age started about 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene Epoch

11. Like Nilanka, chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing with your theory is that the dinosaurs were not wiped out by the ice age....

Dinosaurs went extinct with the K-T Extinction event about 66 million years ago and signifies the end of the Mesozoic Era and the beginning of the current Cenozoic Era. The Ice Age started about 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene Epoch
    That's what I was just going to say!
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha taken directly from Wikipedia! I guess as long as the theme isn't #ChicxulubCratersAreComing then we're ok, omen wise.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

15. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm old enough to have seen our 4th quarter theme before. It's Wrestlemania, it's Hulk Hogan. 4th quarter, Stripes is laying a beating on the Raptor. Suddenly, those chops to the chest are just pissing him off. He gets up, shaking his head, eyes all crazy like. He starts Hulking up, nothing hurts him. He goes clothesline on Stripes, rips off the jersey (revealing the retro jersey underneath) and drops the big leg on him. Have the crowd wearing Raptormania jerseys to rip off as we stage an improbable comeback. Jimi Hendrix cranked loud and we get the win. Watcha gonna do?

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pound the Rock!!!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    It's only in the movies where hominids and dinosaurs co-existed
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The white-out effect should be the theme to focus on the north side identity (as we can't really use red with all the red based opponents, and purple's still another year away)

Last edited by gametime; Tue Mar 25th, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

20. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whiteout reminds me too much of Miami and their silly bandwagon fans, and I don't like Miami.

22. Like Charlie Brown liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Miami's extremely wide staircases don't look good on TV. Even with sellouts, they look like empty seats.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i prefer all black.
    i know the blake drake shirts were meant to make the whole arena a huge dark and terrifying place for teams to come to. even KD mentioned after that heartbreaker double OT game that he said he didn't think he could stand another OT at the ACC with the crowd we had.

my friend from work was at the game. hes normally a leafs fan and doesn't get into bball much at all, but apparently hes NEVER seen a sports crowd go nuts like they did at that game. bball is taking over, baby!

can't imagine how playoffs will be!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i prefer all black.
    i know the blake drake shirts were meant to make the whole arena a huge dark and terrifying place for teams to come to. even KD mentioned after that heartbreaker double OT game that he said he didn't think he could stand another OT at the ACC with the crowd we had.

my friend from work was at the game. hes normally a leafs fan and doesn't get into bball much at all, but apparently hes NEVER seen a sports crowd go nuts like they did at that game. bball is taking over, baby!

can't imagine how playoffs will be!
    That's fine as long as we don't face the Nets.

26. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Drake shirts looked really underwhelming, but that could also be because not everyone wore them. Still expecting it to look way better than it did though.

Red and White ftw.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of franchise's do the white thing. Wasn't it GSW that had all the towel waving? White is common across a lot of sports...it wasn't so long ago that most home teams in both the NBA and NHL, at least, wore white at all their home games. I understand this has changed, but something more novel and unique would be great. I think the purple would be awesome, but maybe we are a year too early for that. If everyone in the ACC was wearing purple, or waving a purple towel, well that would be a little different anyways. But I guess without purple jerseys it would be stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information