What is our Playoff Theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a sea of purple with red and white towels
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

a friend at work whos typically a hockey/leafs fan, was at the toronto/okc game and said he had never seen such a hyped up crazy crowd in toronto before. bball is taking over, baby!

Comment

Great thread. Traditions don't start unless people come together to start them, and keep them alive. Granted Raptor fans haven't had much to cheer about in their history, but starting something to call our own is long overdue. Feel like it has to come from MLSE for people to take part though (either towels or t-shirts on seats etc.).

As for the all-white crowd, check out #11 on this list http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...itions/page/12

Looks unreal. We need to come up with something. Every video on that list makes me wish I went to an American college for the sole purpose of attending sporting events.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I like the "Winter is Coming" idea, although HBO may slap MLSE with a lawsuit

I've always liked the white towel waving. 20,000 people maniacally waving towels makes it look like 40,000 people.
          Ya there are so many applicable themes from GoT like #WarInTheNorth and #WinterIsComing. I love the idea of MLSE handing out all white T-Shirts with #WinterIsComing across the back. Those with matching custom white towels would be a freaking spectacle. I also don't know if it would cause problems with HBO, as it is pretty much a huge source of free marketing, as long as we let them know I don't see a problem with it...but that is for people with no soul to decide

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
          Great thread. Traditions don't start unless people come together to start them, and keep them alive. Granted Raptor fans haven't had much to cheer about in their history, but starting something to call our own is long overdue. Feel like it has to come from MLSE for people to take part though (either towels or t-shirts on seats etc.).

As for the all-white crowd, check out #11 on this list http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...itions/page/12

Looks unreal. We need to come up with something. Every video on that list makes me wish I went to an American college for the sole purpose of attending sporting events.
          This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out, and MLSE should as well. We need an identity as fans that will help grow our own team within Toronto, rather than just being the Leafs little brother. Having our own playoff identity will help that, and will help american perspective on us as well.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I love the idea of MLSE handing out all white T-Shirts with #WinterIsComing across the back.
            I have no problem with "Winter is Coming" t-shirts (despite it being a blatant rip off), but wouldn't that make more sense during pre-season/start of the regular season? I mean winter isn't exactly "coming" in late april...

I Think I'm going to have to change my avatar to a wet blanket, but I care less about a great playoff atmosphere and more about playoff wins. Yes, there is some marginal advantages to a boisterous home crowd, but get the wins and the traditions and atmosphere will take care of themselves. That said, I would be MORE than happy to participate in any home crowd antics if I can get to a playoff game.

I am mean, how is it possible to establish any kind of traditions when you only get to the playoffs once a decade?
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

#greatwhitenorth

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                I have no problem with "Winter is Coming" t-shirts (despite it being a blatant rip off), but wouldn't that make more sense during pre-season/start of the regular season? I mean winter isn't exactly "coming" in late april...

I Think I'm going to have to change my avatar to a wet blanket, but I care less about a great playoff atmosphere and more about playoff wins. Yes, there is some marginal advantages to a boisterous home crowd, but get the wins and the traditions and atmosphere will take care of themselves. That said, I would be MORE than happy to participate in any home crowd antics if I can get to a playoff game.

I am mean, how is it possible to establish any kind of traditions when you only get to the playoffs once a decade?
                It's not actually about the weather, its about how we are usually viewed as the cold Canadian team...aka "winter"...and winter is coming as an inevitable, unstoppable force. That's the point.

We all want playoff wins. Don't be a negative nancy about getting the fans to embrace a theme and create a known playoff atmosphere around the league, the benefits can only be positive.

Skip2MyLou wrote: View Post
                #greatwhitenorth
                Solid. Definitely has the "cold canada" theme without the legal ripoff.lol

Comment

I kind of like this winter idea. Winter has defeated everyone this year. Everyone hates it only because they can't beat it. It will especially ironic when it's going on in june. It does the traditional thing of taking what people use to put us down and transforming it into something we own with pride.

Comment

#Rebirth

Comment

We all want playoff wins. Don't be a negative nancy about getting the fans to embrace a theme and create a known playoff atmosphere around the league, the benefits can only be positive.
                      Fair enough.

GO RAPS!!!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Only thing I find a bit strange about the #winteriscoming idea is that an ice age wiped out Raptors from existence. Not that I have a better idea, it just seems like a bad omen!

@clericalbeats

Comment

Release the beast

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                            Only thing I find a bit strange about the #winteriscoming idea is that an ice age wiped out Raptors from existence. Not that I have a better idea, it just seems like a bad omen!
                            The only thing with your theory is that the dinosaurs were not wiped out by the ice age....

Dinosaurs went extinct with the K-T Extinction event about 66 million years ago and signifies the end of the Mesozoic Era and the beginning of the current Cenozoic Era. The Ice Age started about 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene Epoch

Comment

The only thing with your theory is that the dinosaurs were not wiped out by the ice age....

Dinosaurs went extinct with the K-T Extinction event about 66 million years ago and signifies the end of the Mesozoic Era and the beginning of the current Cenozoic Era. The Ice Age started about 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene Epoch
                              That's what I was just going to say!

Comment

Haha taken directly from Wikipedia! I guess as long as the theme isn't #ChicxulubCratersAreComing then we're ok, omen wise.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Working...
                                X