Atlanta Hawks @ Toronto Raptors, 3/23/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Not sure how the Raptors won this game. They were terrible in the first 3 quarters. DeRozan needs to stop w/ the Rudy Gay impersonation. He was awful in the first 3 quarters and all of a sudden hit clutch shots after clutch shots in the 4th.

Kyle Lowry on the other hand once again was sensational. Vasquez carried the offense in the 1st half. And JV i thought had a very strong game.
    We will really need JV in the playoffs. I like what I es these past two games.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      See not es.

Comment

• a couple of notes from being at the game today. after the last atlanta game, i was wondering how/if we could contain teague. tross did an amazing job of moving his feet and fighting through screens. he made it really tough. even though we were down by ten for most of the game and even in the fourth, i really never thought the raps would lose. they were missing so many chip shots, open threes etc. it had to even out. lastly, it became abundantly clear that stripes got the message to not do anything to make people forget about the raptor during the year. he brought so much entertainment to the game (keep in mind i was there with a child) and really showed what was missing all year. welcome back

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          He is needed for the future, too.

Lots of shit about JV from posters.

I often find myself reminding myself he is only 21.

He might not be a superstar.
          He might not even be an all-star.
          He's never going to have those "Holy shit!" Drummond or Deandre Jordan moments.
          But what he will be is a player who contributes to winning.

His biggest knock right now is consistency.
          Time should help that.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Time should help that.
            He has gotten minutes these past two games. He continues to fight inside for rebounds which is huge.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Time should help that.
              I hate to make this comparison due to how great Duncan is....but JV can be of similar ILK. Not a flashy game and won't be on many top tens, but a two way player who is going to win a lot of games in his career.

(of course JV will never be as good at winning as Duncan has)

Comment

• Best thing about JV D is that he can only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JV was strong again today, he's had a real good 5 or so games in a row. Hope he can keep it up.

Comment

• ^JV looks like he is finally getting into better shape and I don't see him struggling as much to get up and down the floor. Anyone else notice this?

Could be in part why we are starting to see him play better...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      ^JV looks like he is finally getting into better shape and I don't see him struggling as much to get up and down the floor. Anyone else notice this?

Oh yeah, his endurance level is different and it should be, considering how many minutes he's played + all the minutes he spent on the practice floor and treadmill. I just don't see any improvement in his 'vertical jump' and just looking "loose"/quicker on the court. I hope he's eating his beloved bacon in moderation!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Oh yeah, his endurance level is different and it should be, considering how many minutes he's played + all the minutes he spent on the practice floor and treadmill. I just don't see any improvement in his 'vertical jump' and just looking "loose"/quicker on the court. I hope he's eating his beloved bacon in moderation!
                        We Need Athletic JV from last year !!!

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          We Need Athletic JV from last year !!!

Yeah, well. There's a proof that Magloire was lying about JV's body fat %.

He needs to go on strict diet and just keep working. Lesson is learnt on dirty bulking up.

Comment

^JV looks like he is finally getting into better shape and I don't see him struggling as much to get up and down the floor. Anyone else notice this?

Yep, he's not getting obviously exhausted a few minutes into the game anymore. Still not as quick off the ground as he was last season though.

Comment

• Boys.

By the way, victory vs Hawks is our 10th fourth Q come back win this season.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Mar 24, 2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah he played 45 minutes against OKC, I couldn't see him doing that earlier this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X