Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: KD what the Raptors need: Kelly

Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Isn't that redundant? It was your gig...duh!
    That crowd went from 0-100 real quick

2. Like Raptorsnz liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Drake an actual employee of MLSE? I know he's the "global ambassador" but is that an official title or just a moniker he's been given in his super fan role?

The reason I ask is because I could see this getting the attention of the league office if he was. I'm not sure of all the finer details on what they consider tampering, but this could easily be interpreted as such if Drake is on the Raps payroll. I'm sure OKC is less than impressed as this video goes viral today. And if the situation was reversed, I'd be pretty livid as a Raptors fan if our star player was being recruited right out in the open with two years left on his deal.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Aug 5th, 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Is Drake an actual employee of MLSE? I know he's the "global ambassador" but is that an official title or just a moniker he's been given in his super fan role?

The reason I ask is because I could see this getting the attention of the league office if he was. I'm not sure of all the finer details on what they consider tampering, but this could easily be interpreted as such if Drake is on the Raps payroll. I'm sure OKC is less than impressed as this video goes viral today. And if the situation was reversed, I'd be pretty livid as a Raptors fan if our star player was being recruited right out in the open with two years left on his deal.
    A deal is orchestrated through OVO which pays them royalties on their merchandise being sold at the ACC. As well as marketing and promoting needs. OVO I believe runs through Niko (Drake's friend). I think the Global Ambassador is more of a fan title, but he isn't an employee of MLSE. Therefore, he can say and do whatever he wants and it is not tampering.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about his legal status with MLSE, but I'm pretty sure he had to agree to similar rules like every Raps employee..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    A deal is orchestrated through OVO which pays them royalties on their merchandise being sold at the ACC. As well as marketing and promoting needs. OVO I believe runs through Niko (Drake's friend). I think the Global Ambassador is more of a fan title, but he isn't an employee of MLSE. Therefore, he can say and do whatever he wants and it is not tampering.
    Just watch global ambassador introduction press conf... He can't say what he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Just watch global ambassador introduction press conf... He can't say what he wants.
    Well I mean with some digression. Obviously the stuff he says does link with the Raptors, but I think he has some leeway. Also I don't think he said anything to him directly. The question was addressed to the audience to tell him how Toronto would feel if he joined the Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way... 0 To 100 lyrics..

"Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
    Yeah, I'm on some Raptors pay my bills shit" Confirmation he's on Raps payroll?

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Well I mean with some digression. Obviously the stuff he says does link with the Raptors, but I think he has some leeway. Also I don't think he said anything to him directly. The question was addressed to the audience to tell him how Toronto would feel if he joined the Raptors.
    I know that talking about other team's players while they are still under contract (in the context of signing them or bringing them in) is considered tampering. Seems exactly like what Drake did; albeit in a very unorthodox and unique set of circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that talking about other team's players while they are still under contract (in the context of signing them or bringing them in) is considered tampering. Seems exactly like what Drake did; albeit in a very unorthodox and unique set of circumstances.
    Yeah. Well we will hear back from the NBA to see what they think of his stunt lol.

Post Thanks / Like

He also says he's hard and started from the bottom. But he grew up in Forest Hill... so lol

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember in an interview with Bill Simmons he said that he doesn't get any money from the Raptors, just perks I assume.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I remember in an interview with Bill Simmons he said that he doesn't get any money from the Raptors, just perks I assume.
    This. That is just rap music over exaggerating his financial situation. Not out of the norm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information