No announcement yet.

KD what the Raptors need: Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, imagine what DeRozan would be like in two years with his insane work ethic? As well as Ross, JV, Bruno, Bebe.. And match that up with Kevin Durant? That would be amazing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      Man, imagine what DeRozan would be like in two years with his insane work ethic?...
      Best statement I have read on this board in months was "I've given up predicting a ceiling for this guy!" or something along those lines. Can't remember who said it first (McHappy, Thead?) but sooooooo true. That's what incremental improvement will get you.

A small improvement in dribbling not only allows you to get to the rim more, but it means guys have to give you a little more room, opening up windows of opportunity for your shot. It means you can get free for more completed assists. It means they have to gamble more on defense, fouling you more. It means your turnovers go down. It might even mean your on ball defense improves because you understand angles better and your lateral quickness improves a tick.

You can go through the same iterative process for every skill set you improve in; 3 pt shooting, setting screens, boxing out, mid-range jump shots, posting up, etc., etc. Improve 3 skills by 2% and your overall game improves by 9-10% because of the cumulative effect. (Don't check my math, it's an example).

DD could continue to get better, in different aspects of his game, for the next three years. He's like the new Steve Nash.

Comment

Comment

Reboc wrote: View Post
          I was there. Crowd went crazy.
          Worst Behaviour

Comment

Drake wrote: View Post
            I was there. Crowd went crazy.
            Isn't that redundant? It was your gig...duh!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Isn't that redundant? It was your gig...duh!
              That crowd went from 0-100 real quick

Comment

Is Drake an actual employee of MLSE? I know he's the "global ambassador" but is that an official title or just a moniker he's been given in his super fan role?

The reason I ask is because I could see this getting the attention of the league office if he was. I'm not sure of all the finer details on what they consider tampering, but this could easily be interpreted as such if Drake is on the Raps payroll. I'm sure OKC is less than impressed as this video goes viral today. And if the situation was reversed, I'd be pretty livid as a Raptors fan if our star player was being recruited right out in the open with two years left on his deal.
                Last edited by Fully; Tue Aug 5, 2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    Is Drake an actual employee of MLSE? I know he's the "global ambassador" but is that an official title or just a moniker he's been given in his super fan role?

The reason I ask is because I could see this getting the attention of the league office if he was. I'm not sure of all the finer details on what they consider tampering, but this could easily be interpreted as such if Drake is on the Raps payroll. I'm sure OKC is less than impressed as this video goes viral today. And if the situation was reversed, I'd be pretty livid as a Raptors fan if our star player was being recruited right out in the open with two years left on his deal.
                    A deal is orchestrated through OVO which pays them royalties on their merchandise being sold at the ACC. As well as marketing and promoting needs. OVO I believe runs through Niko (Drake's friend). I think the Global Ambassador is more of a fan title, but he isn't an employee of MLSE. Therefore, he can say and do whatever he wants and it is not tampering.

Comment

I'm not sure about his legal status with MLSE, but I'm pretty sure he had to agree to similar rules like every Raps employee..

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        A deal is orchestrated through OVO which pays them royalties on their merchandise being sold at the ACC. As well as marketing and promoting needs. OVO I believe runs through Niko (Drake's friend). I think the Global Ambassador is more of a fan title, but he isn't an employee of MLSE. Therefore, he can say and do whatever he wants and it is not tampering.
                        Just watch global ambassador introduction press conf... He can't say what he wants.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Just watch global ambassador introduction press conf... He can't say what he wants.
                          Well I mean with some digression. Obviously the stuff he says does link with the Raptors, but I think he has some leeway. Also I don't think he said anything to him directly. The question was addressed to the audience to tell him how Toronto would feel if he joined the Raptors.

Comment

By the way... 0 To 100 lyrics..

"Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
                            Yeah, I'm on some Raptors pay my bills shit" Confirmation he's on Raps payroll?

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                              Well I mean with some digression. Obviously the stuff he says does link with the Raptors, but I think he has some leeway. Also I don't think he said anything to him directly. The question was addressed to the audience to tell him how Toronto would feel if he joined the Raptors.
                              I know that talking about other team's players while they are still under contract (in the context of signing them or bringing them in) is considered tampering. Seems exactly like what Drake did; albeit in a very unorthodox and unique set of circumstances.

Comment

I know that talking about other team's players while they are still under contract (in the context of signing them or bringing them in) is considered tampering. Seems exactly like what Drake did; albeit in a very unorthodox and unique set of circumstances.
                                Yeah. Well we will hear back from the NBA to see what they think of his stunt lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X