X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    By the way... 0 To 100 lyrics..

"Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
    Yeah, I'm on some Raptors pay my bills shit" Confirmation he's on Raps payroll?
    He also says he's hard and started from the bottom. But he grew up in Forest Hill... so lol

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      By the way... 0 To 100 lyrics..

"Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
      Yeah, I'm on some Raptors pay my bills shit" Confirmation he's on Raps payroll?
      I remember in an interview with Bill Simmons he said that he doesn't get any money from the Raptors, just perks I assume.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I remember in an interview with Bill Simmons he said that he doesn't get any money from the Raptors, just perks I assume.
        This. That is just rap music over exaggerating his financial situation. Not out of the norm.

Comment

"I think this burst from Westbrook makes it much more likely that Durant ultimately gets traded next year. ... Sam Presti has proven that he does not ever want to lose anybody for nothing. So he traded James Harden a year early to avoid a potential luxury tax problem a year later.

"The Kevin Durant drumbeat next year is going to be so loud because he will not commit early to Oklahoma City contractually because the rules are against that. He can't get the same contract if he signs early as if he just goes to free agency and resigns.

So if Sam Presti doesn't get that commitment, he'll look to to trade Kevin Durant. And looking at the performance of Westbrook and the team around Westbrook will make it easier for him to do that potentially."

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...nt-next-season

Might Durant be available prior to 2016?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I have been saying that since last all star and predominantly laughed at the mere thought of arguably the best player in the league being traded by his team.

But realistically the only way we get Durant is if OKC trades him this off season and it seems more and more likely they will. They NEVER EVER let an asset walk for nothing. Too small of a market to take a hit like that.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Just to play along with the rumor, I wonder what sort of package it would require?

DeRozan & multiple 1st round picks (ie: 2015 & 2016 & possibly 2018)?

With Ibaka and now Kanter, I don't think they'd have as much interest in JV as they once would have.

Maybe Ross for some additional wing help and outside shooting?

Salary filler will also be required - maybe S&T of Amir for C/PF depth?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Just to play along with the rumor, I wonder what sort of package it would require?

DeRozan & multiple 1st round picks (ie: 2015 & 2016 & possibly 2018)?

With Ibaka and now Kanter, I don't think they'd have as much interest in JV as they once would have.

Maybe Ross for some additional wing help and outside shooting?

Salary filler will also be required - maybe S&T of Amir for C/PF depth?
                Not sure they'd want derozan to be honest. I don't think he fits that team. Need shooters and they already have a volume scoring SG.

Make it a three team deal or trade DeRozan for other players/picks to entice OKC.

Having Durants Bird rights would be nice in 2016. You can legitimately seek a third star player.

Total pipe dream right now though. But raps will have interesting pieces should it happen that Durant is available.

Comment

imagine the backlash presti would get if he traded durant
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    imagine the backlash presti would get if he traded durant
                    Yes but imagine the backlash if he walked for nothing.

Lose-lose for Mr. Presti

Comment

• If Durant becomes available, it's hard to imagine Toronto winning a bidding war.

Boston, for example, can trade half their team/picks and still have a good young core and excess picks. It's exactly the kind of thing Ainge is waiting to jump on.

Other teams with young pieces stockpiled probably can outbid Toronto too. Especially with OKC picking up Kanter, our best piece to get KD was probably JV and that is unlikely to entice them now.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Yes but imagine the backlash if he walked for nothing.

Lose-lose for Mr. Presti
                        I don't think he'd get that much backlash unless Durant had specifically said he wasn't going to re-sign. At the moment it seems OKC is still the favourite for him to re-sign with so it'd be understandable if they kept him and felt they had a good chance at keeping him. You don't trade the 2nd best player in the NBA on the fears that he might not re-sign.

Comment

• No way we're getting Durant.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KD is now a 7 footer with foot problems. Never a good sign

Comment

• Even if a team traded for him this offseason, couldn't he just walk after 1 year?

Also, why can't he give Presti a "verbal commitment" that he'll be back
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Masai just shit himself....

Kevin Durant made some of his strongest comments yet about his future free agency, going as far to say he wants to have his jersey retired in Oklahoma City. "I love it here, man. I love my teammates, I love the city, I don't really think about anywhere else," Durant told Revolt TV in a recent interview. "I hear it all the time, don't get me wrong, and once you hear it you're kind of like [looks up, thinking]. But for me, I love staying in the moment, and I'm one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.
                                http://hoopshype.com/rumors/r/5P4N/k...y-whole-career

Comment

Working...
                                X