Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Time For Toronto Raptors To Insert Greivis Vasquez Into Starting Lineup.

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like Mauro. And his man has definitely played some good basketball for us of late

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How would Vasquez work as a shooting guard?

    Been thinking about this and he isn't as good at setting up the offense for the bench as De Colo is, but I would argue that he does quite well scoring and creating his own shot off the PnR. If we play him off the ball with De Colo and use him as a scorer in less touches I think we could improve our bench. (also help fill in the backup 2 spot)

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    How would Vasquez work as a shooting guard?

    Been thinking about this and he isn't as good at setting up the offense for the bench as De Colo is, but I would argue that he does quite well scoring and creating his own shot off the PnR. If we play him off the ball with De Colo and use him as a scorer in less touches I think we could improve our bench. (also help fill in the backup 2 spot)
    Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere about having a guard/wing lineup of Lowry, DD, Ross, Vasquez, Fields, De Colo. The PG's listed can all play off the ball, and Vasquez and De Colo have the size and length to guard the 2 if necessary. I also like the contrasting styles of De Colo and Vasquez, and can see them excelling on the floor together. A rejuvenated Fields would strengthen that rotation so much as well, and the guard/wing combos that Casey could throw out there are exciting IMO. Lots of ways to mix it up and make life difficult for opposing defences. And hey, if Fields doesn't return to form, maybe MU gets VC and he can do the job.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere about having a guard/wing lineup of Lowry, DD, Ross, Vasquez, Fields, De Colo. The PG's listed can all play off the ball, and Vasquez and De Colo have the size and length to guard the 2 if necessary. I also like the contrasting styles of De Colo and Vasquez, and can see them excelling on the floor together. A rejuvenated Fields would strengthen that rotation so much as well, and the guard/wing combos that Casey could throw out there are exciting IMO. Lots of ways to mix it up and make life difficult for opposing defences. And hey, if Fields doesn't return to form, maybe MU gets VC and he can do the job.
    Here's another philosophical idea. Do two combo guards make for 1 PG and 1 SG?

    lol... kinda dumb but I do think De Colo/GV on the second unit together could create magic.

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Here's another philosophical idea. Do two combo guards make for 1 PG and 1 SG?

    lol... kinda dumb but I do think De Colo/GV on the second unit together could create magic.
    I don't think it matters. They both can handle the ball and they have somewhat contrasting styles. GV looks like the better shooter at the moment, but I think DE Colo is just starting slow with a new team like GV did. I'm high on De Colo, I think he is solid and hope he stays.

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mauro150611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think they are doing Vasquez - Nando , Casey pressure is put him to give them more minutes on court . It's good for toronto there is so much competition within the team.

    Although many of you do not notice , Lowry has lowered his field goal percentage significantly :

    Before the All-Star game :
    FG% : .431
    3PG % : .388
    MIN : 36.3
    PPG : 16.3

    After the game star
    FG% : .392
    3PG % : .350
    MIN : 36.5
    PPG : 19.2

    It is true that doing more points, but it is because you are taking more shots, but its effectiveness has dropped considerably and I think we need to be effective in playoff .

    You criticize the bad decision of shots Vasquez and say it should not take many shots , but if it was not bad pitcher had the best average of any PG -SG Team Toronto. game after star

    FG% : .451
    3PG % : .428
    MIN : 25.1
    PPG : 12.2

    I'm not saying that she feels Lowry, say that while Vasquez should be effective to give more minutes on court either as PG or SG, also De Colo .

    And I spend defending Vasquez , because I think in this forum have been unjust to him, and do not appreciate what he has done for the team,
    Criticize more than praise.
    and sorry so many statistics, but I like to argue my statements.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    During that stretch also accounts for Lowry slumping month...in which he wasn't just shooting badly...he was shooting terribly

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mauro150611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A lot of you owe this man an apology!

    You are tired of criticizing him and doubting his talent and ability.

    Today, He is one of the protagonists that this toronto 3-2 winning the series.

    Demonstrating his talent and ability, giving every day more than you expected.

    Greivis silenced his critics.

    IT IS A CRACK

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GV is too much of a defensive liability to start. With GV and DD in and Ross out BKN could make a first quarter run firing up the crowd blah blah blah. GV is better off the bench to start or extend a run.

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,945
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    GV is too much of a defensive liability to start. With GV and DD in and Ross out BKN could make a first quarter run firing up the crowd blah blah blah. GV is better off the bench to start or extend a run.
    The only bad thing is that when he gets hot he tends to throw up random heat-check threes.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  11. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  12. #91
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Second quarter that shit is great. Opening play not so much.

  13. #92
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mauro150611 wrote: View Post
    A lot of you owe this man an apology!

    You are tired of criticizing him and doubting his talent and ability.

    Today, He is one of the protagonists that this toronto 3-2 winning the series.

    Demonstrating his talent and ability, giving every day more than you expected.

    Greivis silenced his critics.

    IT IS A CRACK
    You Insane?

    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  14. #93
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mauro150611 wrote: View Post
    A lot of you owe this man an apology!

    You are tired of criticizing him and doubting his talent and ability.

    Today, He is one of the protagonists that this toronto 3-2 winning the series.


    Demonstrating his talent and ability, giving every day more than you expected.

    Greivis silenced his critics.

    IT IS A CRACK
    I believe you've yet to answer my earlier question. I think it is pretty obvious, that you are the same Vasquez fan that drove people on the Sacramento Cow-Bell Kingdom blog, crazy with your incessant Vasquez cheer-leading. I'd find it a little satisfying if you confirmed that you are the same person.

    And, for the record 'Greasy' has big balls. BIG! You can't help, but love the guy. Even if he started giving away our 4th quarter lead and was benched for the rest of the game after Lowry came back-in. Dude makes shots.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  15. #94
    Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mauro150611 wrote: View Post
    A lot of you owe this man an apology!

    You are tired of criticizing him and doubting his talent and ability.

    Today, He is one of the protagonists that this toronto 3-2 winning the series.

    Demonstrating his talent and ability, giving every day more than you expected.

    Greivis silenced his critics.

    IT IS A CRACK
    GV will play big minutes during these playoffs, has definitely played himself into an extension with the team and overall is a great guy, but on the question of starting him:
    1. Not an ideal situation of starting Lowry, DD and GV. They give up too much on defense. Just look at the next round, the best defensive rotation would be:
    Lowry on Chalmers (everyone else is too big for Lowry)
    DD on Wade
    Vasquez on Battier
    Amir on LBJ
    JV on Bosh
    We would face defensive mismatches all over the place - Wade would just run-by DD, Battier can post-up GV and LBJ/Bosh would stretch Amir/JV.
    2. We really need TRoss if there is any chance to challenge Heat considering Salmons&Novak are useless, while Landry is injured.
    3. The most important thing is not who starts, but who finishes the game. You will see GV finish every tight playoff game and that is what matters. He earned Casey's trust the way he played in clutch situations. And btw, this isn't anything strange, just look at Chicago - the closing 5 is quite different then the starting 5.

  16. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •