Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors @ Cleveland Cavaliers. March 25th, 2014. 7:00 pm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Oh well, at least we're not the Knicks who just gave up a whoppin 51 points to the Lakers in the 3rd quarter. LOL.
    Haha.

"In a recent meeting with the coaching staff and some team executives, Dolan said he believes the Knicks have enough talent to win a title and that he expects them to do so this season, league sources with knowledge of the owner's message during the meeting confirmed.

"He told them he believes they have enough talent to win it all," one source said, "and he expects it to happen this year.""

From the article back in Oct 2013..

EDIT:

Ok, this is crazy. Lakers scored at least a point on 88% of their 3rd q possessions. Wow!
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Mar 26, 2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      yeah well.. he'll go to Lithuania national team prep camp and then World Cup in Spain.
      He won't leave for Lithuania for quite some time. Probably meet them in July. Hakeem's camp, or any other stint where he can work with another quality big man, could easily be worked into his schedule, as such things are usually just a week or two.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        He won't leave for Lithuania for quite some time. Probably meet them in July. Hakeem's camp, or any other stint where he can work with another quality big man, could easily be worked into his schedule, as such things are usually just a week or two.
        I just hope he'll get one month of real break.

If Lithuania advances to playoffs, then JV will have just one week (+-) of rest before training camp starts.. Also, Eurobasket coming up in 2015... We'll never see fresh Jonas in training camp

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I just hope he'll get one month of real break.

If Lithuania advances to playoffs, then JV will have just one week (+-) of rest before training camp starts.. Also, Eurobasket coming up in 2015... We'll never see fresh Jonas in training camp
          Well, for World Cup it is supposed to end the 14th of September, as in that's when Finals are scheduled. It is a relatively short tournament. So he should get 2 weeks or so before training camp starts. And in those 2 weeks, he should hopefully not do a damn thing. Not exactly tons of time, but I think it's 2 weeks (+/-), not one.

Comment

• Sooooo what is the new excuse today as to why we lost? I would love to hear it. Missed the game so I would like a recap of what happened.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Sooooo what is the new excuse today as to why we lost? I would love to hear it. Missed the game so I would like a recap of what happened.
              There's no excuse. It was horrific. Watching it felt kinda like rubbing your face against a cheese grater.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Me hating on DeMar?? i'm actually one of the biggest DeMar DeRozan fan here lol. I just say what i see man. This is a trend that's been going on for weeks now. DeRozan just coasts for the first 3 quarters of the game and then he'll all of a sudden turn it up in the 4th. You also can't deny that he takes A LOT of tough shots.
                The whole damn team has been doing this for weeks but anytime I point this out I'm look at as the crazy worrier who knows nothing. I'll say it again. If this waiting until the 4th quarter to play hard keeps up they will find themselves not only losing the third seed but losing the Atlantic. I hope all the none worriers can handle it when it happens. Between Chicago, Brooklyn and Toronto we are the most likely team to lose to teams we should beat. That doesn't bode well for us in the standings race.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

There's no excuse. It was horrific. Watching it felt kinda like rubbing your face against a cheese grater.
                  I felt we might lose this game. Thank God I didn't have to witness this mess. Well Boston is pretty tough because they play very hard so good luck to the Raps for tomorrows game.

Comment

• Chicago deserves the 3rd seed man. They way they are playing is just really nice too watch. When you play that hard every night and for 48 minutes you deserve everything good that comes your way. Hopefully the Raps realize this and learn one of these days.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Chicago deserves the 3rd seed man. They way they are playing is just really nice too watch. When you play that hard every night and for 48 minutes you deserve everything good that comes your way. Hopefully the Raps realize this and learn one of these days.
                      I agree with the play hard for 48 minutes part....but man Chicago is ugly to watch. Real grind it out, beat you by making it a garbage-fest basketball. Just brutal to watch at times. Probably making Kevin O'Neill orgasm so hard he's having a stroke.

Comment

I agree with the play hard for 48 minutes part....but man Chicago is ugly to watch. Real grind it out, beat you by making it a garbage-fest basketball. Just brutal to watch at times. Probably making Kevin O'Neill orgasm so hard he's having a stroke.
                        I enjoy it actually. I rather watch a team play like that than half ass their way in every game until the 4th quarter. Raptors have just been sooooo good in fourth quarters that they are able to still come out with the win. It's a really bad habit that they have developed and that doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

Comment

• When the Raptors potentially needed a 3 and they put Novak in there, they also had Lowry and Vasquez. You need 1 big in there for maybe a rebound, so Amir was there, okay. But why wasn't Ross in there for DeRozan? Why is the team's third best 3pt shooter, 1 of 3 players over 40% from 3 sitting on the bench? It doesn't matter that he made the all star team this season, as a coach you gotta do what's best for the team. You gotta do what gives the team the best chance to win. Not only does Casey have a strong tide to DeRozan, he is also soft on him. Even going back last season when Derozan should have been benched multiple times, Casey refused to do so. I only remember 1 time last season when he got sat down for poor play for about a few minutes in the 4th, but it sure didn't last too long because Casey put him right back in. That's not a benching...........if anything it looked more like a breather.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            But all I'm saying is that with the skills and potential DeMar has he can be a heck of a player, even way better then what he is right now. I think MU should sign a Veteran SG (not Salmons) so he can help out DeMar and make him even better.
                            Paul George has worked in the past two off-seasons with a dribbling coach to improve his control with the basketball. DeMar can do the same. Every year, DeMar has come back with a better game, and next season should be no different. I do not think it would require hiring a vet to help out. Right now, his legs are tired, as you can see when he rises for the jump shot.

Comment

• Thinking back, I really wish we contested Deng's open 3 to end the 3rd Q...

Comment

• That was absolutely pathethic last night. Raps gotta stop playing catchup, and bring it in the first half. That should have been a game where the starters get to rest down the stretch, but instead they have to play big minutes and still lose. What the hell is wrong with these guys? Just show up 3 or 4 times a week and work hard for 48 minutes, is that so much to ask? If they could do that, we could have 45 wins now, but no, the boys gotta nap against the shit teams...what a joke!

Comment

Working...
                                X