Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Cleveland Cavaliers. March 25th, 2014. 7:00 pm.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I agree with the play hard for 48 minutes part....but man Chicago is ugly to watch. Real grind it out, beat you by making it a garbage-fest basketball. Just brutal to watch at times. Probably making Kevin O'Neill orgasm so hard he's having a stroke.
    I enjoy it actually. I rather watch a team play like that than half ass their way in every game until the 4th quarter. Raptors have just been sooooo good in fourth quarters that they are able to still come out with the win. It's a really bad habit that they have developed and that doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When the Raptors potentially needed a 3 and they put Novak in there, they also had Lowry and Vasquez. You need 1 big in there for maybe a rebound, so Amir was there, okay. But why wasn't Ross in there for DeRozan? Why is the team's third best 3pt shooter, 1 of 3 players over 40% from 3 sitting on the bench? It doesn't matter that he made the all star team this season, as a coach you gotta do what's best for the team. You gotta do what gives the team the best chance to win. Not only does Casey have a strong tide to DeRozan, he is also soft on him. Even going back last season when Derozan should have been benched multiple times, Casey refused to do so. I only remember 1 time last season when he got sat down for poor play for about a few minutes in the 4th, but it sure didn't last too long because Casey put him right back in. That's not a benching...........if anything it looked more like a breather.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    But all I'm saying is that with the skills and potential DeMar has he can be a heck of a player, even way better then what he is right now. I think MU should sign a Veteran SG (not Salmons) so he can help out DeMar and make him even better.
    Paul George has worked in the past two off-seasons with a dribbling coach to improve his control with the basketball. DeMar can do the same. Every year, DeMar has come back with a better game, and next season should be no different. I do not think it would require hiring a vet to help out. Right now, his legs are tired, as you can see when he rises for the jump shot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking back, I really wish we contested Deng's open 3 to end the 3rd Q...

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was absolutely pathethic last night. Raps gotta stop playing catchup, and bring it in the first half. That should have been a game where the starters get to rest down the stretch, but instead they have to play big minutes and still lose. What the hell is wrong with these guys? Just show up 3 or 4 times a week and work hard for 48 minutes, is that so much to ask? If they could do that, we could have 45 wins now, but no, the boys gotta nap against the shit teams...what a joke!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar's had absolutely no fire or intensity in his game the past week or so, and it's affecting the team in a negative way. He better stop with this nonchalant crap soon.. if he finishes out the season on this note, I have no doubt MU will involve him in trade talks this offseason.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got done watching the game on league pass without knowing the result beforehand.

Very bad choice. Luckily there is a fast forward button though. The ending was predictably spectacular fail. The first half was like watching grass grow.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Sooooo what is the new excuse today as to why we lost? I would love to hear it. Missed the game so I would like a recap of what happened.
    Not an excuse, a reason:

Lowry's banged up, and he had a stomach flu

If Lowry can't be dominant, this is a lottery team

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    When the Raptors potentially needed a 3 and they put Novak in there, they also had Lowry and Vasquez. You need 1 big in there for maybe a rebound, so Amir was there, okay. But why wasn't Ross in there for DeRozan? Why is the team's third best 3pt shooter, 1 of 3 players over 40% from 3 sitting on the bench? It doesn't matter that he made the all star team this season, as a coach you gotta do what's best for the team. You gotta do what gives the team the best chance to win. Not only does Casey have a strong tide to DeRozan, he is also soft on him. Even going back last season when Derozan should have been benched multiple times, Casey refused to do so. I only remember 1 time last season when he got sat down for poor play for about a few minutes in the 4th, but it sure didn't last too long because Casey put him right back in. That's not a benching...........if anything it looked more like a breather.
    Classic Casey, over-thinking, over-tinkering

This year from 3: Ross 40%, Novak 43%

You're subbing in an ice cold shooter, who's worse at every other aspect of the game, because he's put down 3% more of his shots?

I'd rather have the guy who's warm, and who will be more help on the next defensive possession (nevermind the fact that he's also a bigger part of our future)

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical we lose a game. Let's all blame Casey. This one is all on the players. You can't always make a comeback. There is no explanation for being down 21 points to the Kyrie-less Cavs. I'm glad they lost that game. Didn't deserve to win. If they did win it would just enforced that they can keep starting out games like this.

Also typical is that Dd has one bad game and all of a sudden people start talking about trading our "All-Star" in the offseason. Though JV can go a whole 2 weeks of playing bad. Don't give that his till young cause DD is only 2 1/2 years older than JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Though JV can go a whole 2 weeks of playing bad. Don't give that his till young cause DD is only 2 1/2 years older than JV. [/B]

I don't get this. Why would you compare our players ages? Are we talking about "room for improvement" here? JV is inexperienced young man. He needs to have those bad moments ( 2 weeks of playing bad and bla bla bla ). He needs to learn from it.

Experience is all what matters in this case. DeMar has played 372 NBA games, while JV only 131. That's a huge difference, isn't?

P.S. I haven't said a bad word about DeMar and I don't think he deserves it.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mauro150611's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The game not only lost in the fall Vasquez loss.
    1). For God can not defend Toronto so badly in a game, playing well and not win 1 game in playoff
    2) Please can fail unless Lowry two important free throw to tie the game moments were decisive.
    DD can not miss his free kick at a time like this.
    It should not happen again, we're running short on difficult moments
    and in the playoff will be many difficult moments.
    Last edited by Mauro150611; Wed Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Typical we lose a game. Let's all blame Casey. This one is all on the players. You can't always make a comeback. There is no explanation for being down 21 points to the Kyrie-less Cavs. I'm glad they lost that game. Didn't deserve to win. If they did win it would just enforced that they can keep starting out games like this.

Also typical is that Dd has one bad game and all of a sudden people start talking about trading our "All-Star" in the offseason. Though JV can go a whole 2 weeks of playing bad. Don't give that his till young cause DD is only 2 1/2 years older than JV.

Well, DD at 21 was horribly inconsistent, and could go stretches much longer than 2 weeks (try 2 months) where he'd be bad. And he basically never played D at all until this season (though I guess you can call that consistency ), where he's still inconsistent and at best average.

So experience definitely matters. I don't think your comparison works the way you want it to.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrible game to watch....but as usual they almost steal it at the end (if only they could hit their free throws). Bad shooting game for Demar. His legs look tired to me....I think all those minutes he's played are catching up to him. JV was just brutal....just so slow to provide help and his rim protection reminded me of Andrea Bargnani's....yuck. Incredibly after such an aweful game we almost pulled it out. Hopefully, like others have said, this loss will motivate them to come out swinging vs. Boston.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread Information