Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Day in the death of former NBAer Quinton Ross

http://nba.si.com/2014/03/25/quinton...yer/?eref=sihp

The New York Post reported Monday morning that Ross’s body was found inside a trash bag on a beach in New York. Within hours, the paper had retracted the report, noting that the deceased was in fact a different man named Quinton Ross.

Ross, a native of Dallas who spent seven seasons in the NBA, told the Associated Press that he was in Texas when he awoke to the inaccurate news and many worried messages from friends and family.

“A couple (relatives) already heard it,” Ross said. ”They were crying. I mean, it was a tough day, man, mostly for my family and friends … My phone was going crazy. I checked Facebook. Finally, I went on the Internet, and they were saying I was dead. I just couldn’t believe it.”
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Wow crazy. Tragic that a human being went out this way.

Comment

I think Axel deserves the award for bringing the most obscure, yet basketball related articles, to Raptors Republic.

Congrats!!!

As for the article, that would indeed be super weird. I wonder, did the family of the Quinton Ross who did die go in the opposite direction? I mean did they see the article and then go, "Phew, it's not our Quinton" only to get phone call shortly there after to find out, it is indeed, their Quinton.

It also says something about celebrity in America, when the story is about how a celebrity had the same as somebody (presumably) murdered and left in a garbage bag, and NOT about how someone was (presumably) murdered and left in a garbage bag.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        I think Axel deserves the award for bringing the most obscure, yet basketball related articles, to Raptors Republic.

Congrats!!!

As for the article, that would indeed be super weird. I wonder, did the family of the Quinton Ross who did die go in the opposite direction? I mean did they see the article and then go, "Phew, it's not our Quinton" only to get phone call shortly there after to find out, it is indeed, their Quinton.

It also says something about celebrity in America, when the story is about how a celebrity had the same as somebody (presumably) murdered and left in a garbage bag, and NOT about how someone was (presumably) murdered and left in a garbage bag.
        It doesn't really say anything new; this story just reaffirms what we already thought about American media. Sad, really.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          It doesn't really say anything new; this story just reaffirms what we already thought about American media. Sad, really.
          Reaffirmation: Watch cable news feeding into all sorts of innuendo (incl. a psychic I hear) re the Malaysian Airlines flt. disappearance. And for no logical reason than to get eyeballs onto their channels. Disgraceful.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

Congrats!!!

hahaha, thanks ezz_bee, I gladly accept any award. The more obscure the better!

It's funny, cause when I first read the headline that he had been found dead (hours before the retract) I was thinking of LaQuinton Ross of Ohio State.

I also love the last line of his quote: "they were saying I was dead. I just couldn’t believe it.” - of course you couldn't believe it, you were reading it!!

In all seriousness though, you are right that it is a shame that the bigger story is the non-dead pseudo celebrity and not the victim of murder. I think we can safely remove the "presumably" before murder. Most people don't die of natural causes and end up in a garbage bag neat the river.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
            X