Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone else a little concerned...

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I was referring more to his perception by fans, media and the league.. and it's hard to just consider this year when considering contracts especially when so many big named talented players were injured like Horford, Rose, Kobe, Rondo, Westbrook, Lopez this year.

When ESPN does it's top 500 list next year.. let's see if Lowry makes the top 20. I know that voting system is dumb, but it's a good barometer of what the general population think about NBA players.
    But it's not fans, media or the league that makes contract offers. We'll soon find out what (at least some) front offices think of Lowry this offseason.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    But it's not fans, media or the league that makes contract offers. We'll soon find out what (at least some) front offices think of Lowry this offseason.
    The front offices do of course but I think they can easily get influenced by the fans/media and the league. I don't think Lowry gets the recognition he deserves but basically I'm really just hoping that his under dog status in the league translates to a good contract offer as well.

If Lowry was over rated I'd be concerned (*cough* Gay *cough*), but he's not.. and I think that actually will help here.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    He is a top 20 player right now. Top 20, that's basically an all star. Easily.
    He won't get a max because of his history though.
    For what it's worth, boxscoregeeks.com has Kyle sitting as the 17th best player in the league today. He could slip, but top 25 looks pretty safe.

He is statistically tied with Dragic as the second best PG behind Chris Paul

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

agree

Thread Information