Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    What's our record in close games?
    Why do we keep developing Grievas Vasquez over Terrence Ross?
    Why does JV never play in the fourth?
    Why was Kyle Lowry benched last year and look at him now?
    Why does Dwane Casey love veterans?
    Why does DD keep shooting idiotic shots?

Do you have answers for that ?
    And please use some "facts" since that's all you say
    Is the end goal not to win and develop? From what I've known those are the two hardest things to do in the league. That is fact seeing that we're the only team in playoffs with two Sophomore starting. You must of been a tanker. Since you have such a problem with Casey doing what he believe he has to do to win games at the end.

I said it before they days of young players getting minutes just cause they have potential is over in Toronto. It's the Bargnani rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Due to the players he was given. He didn't really have an effect and gave lots of minutes to Jose, and kept Lowry on the bench. Again, Casey taking the blame/credit for what the players were doing.
      But we had essentially the same roster last year, when the defence was awful, compared to the year before, when it was good. If Casey is the reason for some kind of sweeping defensive culture change, how could have there been such a disparity between years 1 and 2? Given everything we think we know, shouldn't the defence only have got better?

Chewy I think you answered this question about defence already:

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      I'm going to say that it is Lowry who has gotten this team to play, not Casey. Lowry is the leader. Casey is taking too much credit for what the players are doing.
      I think that the intensity he's brought has galvanized the entire team's defence.
      Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Mar 29, 2014, 03:28 PM.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• My issue with Dwane Casey is that he is overly reliant on his vets. As has been pointed out by Matt and other posters numerous times. There are stretches where the Ross, JV sit for extended periods of time so we get the priviledge of watching Salmons chuck it up or Hayes clogging the lanes. The "tough love" approach only works if you get the said player in there soon after making their mistake so they can correct their mistakes. Sometimes I look at JV & Ross on the bench and you can tell they are pissed/miffed as to why they aren't playing.

Coach doesn't seem very good at "coaching" them through those mistakes. Atleast not during the game. The players are often left to bitch to the assistant coaches who themselves are probably wondering about Casey's rotations. I also think it's bogus that some people chalk up JV's & Ross' development to Casey's coaching ability. Those statements disregard the player's hard work and improvement made in the off-season and during the season. As far as i'm concerned our young guys would be much further ahead with another coach.

Casey needs to stop thinking he's coaching the mavericks and needs to coach his young players better. Because if they start tuning him out, it wont matter what he's done this year. Masai will bring in a coach who will not only develop the young guys better, but make them want to stay here past their rookie deals.

Comment

So what year did you graduate " The Dwane Casey school of life"?

Just like DC you like to use age as a barometer for someone's Basketball Knowledge or Basketball Skill
          I've never posted anything saying Casey is a great or good or bad coach, because I don't have the requisite facts or expertise to make an informed judgement.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think any grade schooler can either.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Is the end goal not to win and develop? From what I've known those are the two hardest things to do in the league. That is fact seeing that we're the only team in playoffs with two Sophomore starting. You must of been a tanker. Since you have such a problem with Casey doing what he believe he has to do to win games at the end.

I said it before they days of young players getting minutes just cause they have potential is over in Toronto. It's the Bargnani rule.

I dont know how you could mention the "Bargnani rule" in talking about our current group of young players. All of our young guys work hard, have lots of energy, and actually show up on both sides of the ball (offense/defense). Playing your "potential guys" is fine as long as they are, you know, trying. Mack 11 brings up very good points. Casey is sometimes so overwhelmed with trying to win that night's game, he sometimes forgets that bringing along the Ross' & JV's will help you win games in the future. Greivis Vasquez,Hayes, Salmons are all guys that most likely wont be here next year. Why develop them ahead of guys who are capable of winning games for you now, and are guys you will need next year or the year after to be part of your core.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Our goal is not to win but to develop our players! That's what Masai Ujiri said himself!

If we win while developing that's just the icing on the cake.

But Casey is winning at at the cost of developing JV and Ross

Were not a contender in the slightest! So why play the vets all the younger players minutes?

The only way we are ever going to be considered a contender is if JV and Ross became good players and What DC is doing is making them sit on the bench in favor of getting maybe 5 extra wins in the season.

The only reason Casey is trying to win is because he's in his last year of his contract He is just winning as many games possible at the cost of not developing anyone.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Do you have answers for that ?
                I've been trying to explain why it's really hard to justify methods without having all the information.

So given that I'd say that those techniques have somehow led to mostly satisfying results.

Further, I think our assistant coaches, our executives and our GM would constantly be giving some kind of feedback to the coach. I'm sure he's had to justify his position before. I trust that people with more information than us will make the right decision when it comes down to resigning him.

EDIT: to your last post: I think TRoss and JV have developed quite well this year. There are many styles of developing players, and I like the results so far.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• What's our record in close games?
                  not great...why? because we are a young team and when winning comes down to two points, that when veteran instincts and closing out games kicks in. Those vets took years of shit kicking to learn that skill...we should not expect to skip it.

Because he shows up and makes plays under pressure. Because in close fourth quarter situations, increased defensive ball pressure can be offset by having a second facilitator. Because the goal is win and develop (washington) not develop and maybe win (boston)

Because his defensive IQ is not all the way there yet. By the time his contract extension rolls around I would expect barring foul trouble he will be in all the close games and burning close to 40 minutes.

Because he was a fat shit head. He did a lot of growing up and lot less eating over the summer

intangibles. focus

Because he is generally the guy who gets the ball with five seconds left when the play breaks down and is told to do something with it. Also his idiotic shots are greatly reduced, and his FTAs are way up...so you know progress

Do you have answers for that?
                  I do

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I've never posted anything saying Casey is a great or good or bad coach, because I don't have the requisite facts or expertise to make an informed judgement.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think any grade schooler can either.
                    I'm not in grade school btw

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      not great...why? because we are a young team and when winning comes down to two points, that when veteran instincts and closing out games kicks in. Those vets took years of shit kicking to learn that skill...we should not expect to skip it.
                      Mmmm this reply doesn't make any sense, Casey leans hardest on the vets at the end of close games
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• we dont have the greatest vets
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          we dont have the greatest vets
                          Lol that's our point! He should be playing the sophs!
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            we dont have the greatest vets

Chuck Hayes, Salmons, Vasquez are all GOAT'S!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Lol that's our point! He should be playing the sophs!
                              in crunch time I trust John Salmons to make the right decision over Ross (OKC bedshitting aside)

Comment

• FOR instance, last night against Boston, Salmons fouled the guy with 3 seconds to go before he got into the shooting motion, with a foul to give. This forced Boston into a terrible shot on their next play.

Comment

Working...
                                X