No announcement yet.

Duane Casey's coaching ability..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Casey's non-use of Fields, has any reporter asked him why?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Duane Casey is a pretty solid coach. I worry about the trust he shows in youngsters though, he plays them even if they make one single mistake. This is why I'd prefer Dwane Casey, as you know he can always throw in his trusty vets Hayes and Johnny clutch for extended minutes at random.

Comment

I hate how he plays Chuck Hayes more than Hansbrough. Needs to play JV more too and not fade away from him after scoring the teams first 6 points every game.
        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

One thing we might consider is that Casey is a young coach. We allow young players a few years to develop, and I think we need to give Casey that same consideration. I think he's improved year after year. In stead of going for some big name coach in the off season, another option would be to continue to develop Casey. He already knows this team, and we need more stability in our coaching staff.

Comment

stability in the coaching staff is one of the most important parts of building a franchise:

“Coaching matters and culture matters,” Cuban says. “If you have lots of turnover coaching, that’s a problem. You get conflicting messages every year. And then culture is where they don’t know how to win or they aren’t guided in how to act.”
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I'm no coach, and don't proclaim to know how one thinks or strategizes, but sometimes players like Novak are used as a threat to score and spread out a defense, but not intended to score the ball. It could be the case for why Novak is in games. More because of the threat he poses which opens up higher percentage shots in the paint, and less to actually shoot the ball himself.

As far as my opinion on Casey I think he's done a great job with the talent he has on the roster. I think people are getting ahead of themselves and think because we were in 3rd place that we have a great team or a lot of talent and thats not the case. Nobody on this roster besides Lowry really has a high basketball IQ or are what you could call a stud.
              THIS a million times ^^^^

Seriously, some of you guys are acting like we have a roster full of all-stars or something. This team wasn't even expected to be where we are right now. Do you remember that we were supposed to be fighting for a 7-8 playoff spot? A bad coach cannot take a team such as this (2 sophmore starters still making mistakes) with the same record as the veteran Chicago Bulls.

Coaching is much more than in game play calling/rotations.

I really wish some of you guys would lay off the Dwane Casey hate because it just makes your comments seem ridiculous. You don't get this far with a bunch of unproven players by being a bad coach.

I leave you with the truth....

Bryan Collangelo said he tried to tank in the past (which explains why he never seem to give Dwane Casey any real talent to work with). I say if you give Dwane Casey a decent roster (minus players such as Bargs or Rudy) with a good mix of vets/youth, his team will win games. Everyone was shocked at how we won games in his first year with basically a bunch of "scrubs."

I also agree with Mediumcore that he's done an EXCELLENT job with the talent on this roster.

Comment

Fonzi wrote: View Post
                One thing we might consider is that Casey is a young coach. We allow young players a few years to develop, and I think we need to give Casey that same consideration. I think he's improved year after year. In stead of going for some big name coach in the off season, another option would be to continue to develop Casey. He already knows this team, and we need more stability in our coaching staff.
                I share your sentiments.

Comment

Casey is good until the last two minutes.

Comment

Fonzi wrote: View Post
                    He's 56. I think that it took him this long to keep a head coaching gig is telling, and doesn't suggest anything good
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      Casey is good until the last two minutes.
                      Simple, profound and very true. If you look at the Expected Win-Loss vs. the actual Win-Loss, before last night's games, the Raptors are almost at the bottom of the league, which speaks to the inability to win close games. I would put a fair share of that on the coaches and the ability to make think-on-your-feet type of tactical decisions.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Simple, profound and very true. If you look at the Expected Win-Loss vs. the actual Win-Loss, before last night's games, the Raptors are almost at the bottom of the league, which speaks to the inability to win close games. I would put a fair share of that on the coaches and the ability to make think-on-your-feet type of tactical decisions.

I have no idea how to interpret this chart....

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          He's 56. I think that it took him this long to keep a head coaching gig is telling, and doesn't suggest anything good
                          He's `young' in terms of years on the job as head coach. He's getting the team to play as more than the sum of its parts. He'll keep learning and getting better if we keep him.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

LOL at Brooklyn being number one. That's what happens when you have Jor Johnson, Paul Pierce and Deron Williams on your team. All of them hit BIG shot after BIG shot. We're screwed in the playoffs.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Joe*
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I have no idea how to interpret this chart....
                                Expected W-L is a stat geek calculation, based on points scored vs. points given up & adjusted based on historical data. On BBREF, you always see the expected W-L at the top of the team page.

PTS/G: 100.9 (15th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 97.6 (6th of 30)
                                SRS: 2.91 (10th of 30) ▪ Pace: 91.9 (23rd of 30)
                                Off Rtg: 108.0 (10th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 104.5 (9th of 30)
                                Expected W-L: 44-27 (9th of 30)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...html#wins_pyth
                                http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2014.html

Comment

Working...
                                X