Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

I've been thinking the 4th seed might be better after all. The Pacers are really limping into the playoffs and who knows maybe if the Raps get past Brooklyn they could catch lightening in a bottle and possibly upset the Pacers. A lot of wishing and ifs & buts but who knows. Maybe this a better route to possibly make the Eastern finals, any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With way Indy is playing as of late? Most definitely.

3. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely. We just need Miami to take over the first seed, making Indiana the second seed. And also we need to keep our third spot and pray Washington keeps their sixth spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've felt it was a decent matchup for the raptors for a while. Even last season the games were competitive if I can remember correctly. It's crazy that some people think we're a better chance of beating Miami than the Pacers.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@BigCamB I like our matchup with Indy a lot better too. Lebron is unstoppable in the playoffs and the rest of the team knows what it takes to get to the promised land.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    Definitely. We just need Miami to take over the first seed, making Indiana the second seed. And also we need to keep our third spot and pray Washington keeps their sixth spot.
    I don't have a clue how things are going to end up, Miami could overthrow the slumping Pacers for the 1 seed. We could hold on to the 3 or drop to the 4th, Washington could get hot and switch places with Brooklyn.

It's unpredictable right now but I agree the best road would be Washington and then Indy if we were to make it to the Eastern finals.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One game at a time.

9. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacers got blown out by the Wiz yesterday ahhaha

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Pacers got blown out by the Wiz yesterday ahhaha
    Kind of reminds of how their 2012-13 regular season ended, doesn't it:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400278858

I don't know what to make of the Pacers. They are clearly very talented. And they seemed to be better in the playoffs than the regular season over the last few years. But their issues are serious, their offense is a mess. Paul George takes bad shots, Lance stagnates their offense with his ball hogging, and Hibbert is just a great talent who's Jekyll and Hyde mentally game to game. If he had Jonas' aggresive attitude, he could be the best center in the game.

(By the way, we should stop comparing Lance Stephenson to DeMar DeRozan for now. Lance might've had a case that he's better early in the season, but IMO it's a no contest now. Lance needs to stop heroballing, move the ball and play defense.)

I don't know if they can really expect to just 'flip the switch' in the playoffs. But they did last year, so who knows.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if they can ' flip the switch', but perhaps the grind of the playoffs...a seven game series, suits their style and wears down the opponent. Will be interesting though. They really have looked very ordinary for a while now.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll be harder to beat The Pacers than the Heat ..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacers are a much better match up just because the NBA doesn't care if they win since they're a small market. I guarantee if we play Miami in the 2nd round they will be getting every call from the refs and then some. A Heat-Raptors ECF would be just as marketable as a Heat-Pacers ECF. A Pacers-Raptors ECF would be a disaster ratings wise for the NBA, and I expect the refs to help them avoid it at all costs.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorsAnalyst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful couple months it has been for the city of Toronto. Raptors sign MU, he gets rid of Bargnani, gets rid of Gay's ridiculous contract, and in return of those trades, we get back very useful players and picks. DeRozan becomes an All-Star (almost Lowry too) and now were here after clinching the playoffs for the first time since 2008! We're third seed at the moment, talking about playing and beating the Pacers in the second round! Feels amazing! Let this season be one to remember! #LetGoRaptors

16. Like OtisDonks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Miami is the team that'll be better for us to face, our teams played well against them, and pretty sure they won't play Dwayne Wade much against us because of trying to rest him for the Pacers!

Pacers in my opinion are just stacked, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum .. I think that's too much for Toronto

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I think Miami is the team that'll be better for us to face, our teams played well against them, and pretty sure they won't play Dwayne Wade much against us because of trying to rest him for the Pacers!

Pacers in my opinion are just stacked, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum .. I think that's too much for Toronto

WTF are you talking about? Miami is not going to rest Wade in the playoffs and we play Indianna MUCH better. I swear we haven't beat Miami since the big three have arrived. We've beat Indiana before and even when we lose to them it's close. Terrence actually guards Paul George well. We have NO ONE that can guard Lebron even half decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Miami is not going to rest Wade in the playoffs and we play Indianna MUCH better. I swear we haven't beat Miami since the big three have arrived. We've beat Indiana before and even when we lose to them it's close. Terrence actually guards Paul George well. We have NO ONE that can guard Lebron even half decent.
    They might rest him against us considering the fact they play the Pacers right after us, and we play Miami well too. Also, we've played well against Indy when they didn't have Evan Turner nor Andrew Bynum, Lance Stephenson just had a bad game against us the the time we played them, what if he has a good one? It's Paul George .. I expect him to play better even if Ross is guarding him, and yeah we can't guard LeBron, but we won't have to worry much about anyone else on the Heat as a huge advantage, + JV and Patrick Patterson play really well against the Heat considering their lack of size.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying Indiana is easy because yes they're stacked but I definitely think we play them better than Miami. Also we don't match up well against teams that play a lot of small ball. Miami plays a lot of small ball and Casey likes to match up to teams instead of having teams match us, so trust me we're fucked if we play Miami. It will probably be a sweep. Where as I feel we can take Indiana to maybe 6 games and lose. Also I think anyone who thinks we have a better chance against Miami is highly disrespectful. Until Miami loses the Championship this year they are the champions and should be respected as such.

Post Thanks / Like

They might rest him against us considering the fact they play the Pacers right after us, and we play Miami well too. Also, we've played well against Indy when they didn't have Evan Turner nor Andrew Bynum, Lance Stephenson just had a bad game against us the the time we played them, what if he has a good one? It's Paul George .. I expect him to play better even if Ross is guarding him, and yeah we can't guard LeBron, but we won't have to worry much about anyone else on the Heat as a huge advantage, + JV and Patrick Patterson play really well against the Heat considering their lack of size.

Yet we've never beat Miami not once. Yet this is what everyone thinks and all their role players end up stepping up when the playoffs come and hit big shots. Yet they've won the Championship 2 years in a row. And if you think they will rest Wade in the playoffs unless he's seriously injured good luck with that. The ONLY reason they rest him so much in the regular season is to have him as fresh as possible for the playoffs. What was the point otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Yet we've never beat Miami not once. Yet this is what everyone thinks and all their role players end up stepping up when the playoffs come and hit big shots. Yet they've won the Championship 2 years in a row. And if you think they will rest Wade in the playoffs unless he's seriously injured good luck with that. The ONLY reason they rest him so much in the regular season is to have him as fresh as possible for the playoffs. What was the point otherwise.
    We were a Amir Johnson shot away from a win against them. Of course there are going to be some complications but that comes with every team, and don't they rather have him fresh for the Pacers than the Raptors? I don't know. Just a theory.

Thread Information