Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yup, I agree with this. Don't want to tire them out, but want them to get some game action even if it's just for 20-25 minutes. I'd lean toward 25+ minutes but try to make sure nobody hits 30.
    Yeah we don't want them rusty and their is no use in exercising futility against the Knicks.

I would be for jonas or ross getting like 30. Other than that, let's ride buycks and Vasquez for 40.
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      If the Nets lose their last 2 games(Knicks and Cavs) and Washngton beats Boston tomorrow. Nets will fall to 6 and Washington will be the 5th seed.

The Nets are playing a bunch of scrubs tonight vs NY. I think NY wins this game easy.

Why did the mods moved this thread to this thread?? completely different topic IMO.

This thread is about, "Could the Raps beat the Pacers if they get to round 2"

The thread that i created meanwhile is about the Nets purposely losing their next 2 games to play the Raps in the playoffs.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Why did the mods moved this thread to this thread?? completely different topic IMO.

The thread that i created meanwhile is about the Nets purposely losing their next 2 games to play the Raps in the playoffs.
        There had been several posts about that in this thread before you made the new thread. That's my guess.

This thread sort of morphed into a general discussion about playoff seeding a while ago.

Comment

I don't know if Miami's resting players had anything to do with wanting to play Charlotte. I don't see how a hot Charlotte team is easier than still vying for that 1st spot to get a beat up Atlanta team that's been struggling a bit for the last month or two.

But in regards to Brooklyn, I also don't know how much I buy it as a mini-tank. They play either us or Chicago, and have less power over what happens than either team. If we rest our guys against the Knicks and drop, and Chicago plays to win and beats Charlotte, they still end up matched up against Chicago.

My 2 theories for why they're resting guys:
          -The Nets combined age is oh, about 3,454,237,293,093 years old, and they need rest before their bones spontaneously turn to dust and they all collapse and die.
          -Jason Kidd is an idiot who doesn't realize that tanking a game or two could have literally no impact in terms of them trying to force a favourable matchup.
          I don't appreciate you moving post. Several NY media sources via twitter raised this issue.

Comment

This topic should be discussed in its own thread.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              I don't appreciate you moving post. Several NY media sources via twitter raised this issue.
              Me? I didn't do shit. I'm not a mod.

Comment

Me? I didn't do shit. I'm not a mod.
                My apologies. Somebody did.

Comment

My apologies. Somebody did.
                  Probably CalgaryRaps Fan. He doesn't seem to like what I post. He has done it to me before. This is a legitimate topic re tanking and playoff positioning these last two days. It was a big topic today on Sirius NBA radio.

Comment

• So it doesn't look to me like Brooklyn is really resting guys. Williams, Pierce, Johnson have all been on the floor. Is Livingston sitting maybe? KG doesn't count since he is semi-retired. Plumlee's playing...Thornton...Kirilenko.....Maybe Alan Anderson is resting too?

Definitely not just tanking the game by sitting most of their primary guys.

Comment

Probably CalgaryRaps Fan. He doesn't seem to like what I post. He has done it to me before. This is a legitimate topic re tanking and playoff positioning these last two days. It was a big topic today on Sirius NBA radio.
                      We've been talking about it in this thread. So, instead of discussing where we should discuss it, you could just discuss it here. The Nets purposefully losing is far more interesting than which thread the mods moved the discussion to.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        We've been talking about it in this thread. So, instead of discussing where we should discuss it, you could just discuss it here. The Nets purposefully losing is far more interesting than which thread the mods moved the discussion to.
                        Respectfully the title of the thread is different than discussing Nets antics today. Mack11 has a good thread on this topic.

Comment

So it doesn't look to me like Brooklyn is really resting guys. Williams, Pierce, Johnson have all been on the floor. Is Livingston sitting maybe? KG doesn't count since he is semi-retired. Plumlee's playing...Thornton...Kirilenko.....Maybe Alan Anderson is resting too?

Definitely not just tanking the game by sitting most of their primary guys.
                          Yeah the primary guys are playing but are you watching this game LMAO?
                          When have you ever seen joe johnson only take 9 shots in 33min? He's also 4-7 from the freethrow line
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah the primary guys are playing but are you watching this game LMAO?
                            When have you ever seen joe johnson only take 9 shots in 33min? He's also 4-7 from the freethrow line
                            Trying to tank to us, I'm so flattered.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Our fate is our fate and this playoff experience will be immeasurable but New Jersey & Miami waiting afterwards if they win is a brutal path!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

• New Jersey?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X