No announcement yet.

Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can imagine the Raptors attacking Hibbert, getting him in foul trouble and eking out a 7 game series.

We don't have anyone that can even pretend to guard Lebron. I can't remember what we did the last time we played them. They went small, but I think Casey gambled by throwing a big at him at the 3 point line (Amir or Val) that would deny the drive but give up a half-open shot? It sort of worked. Am I just imagining this?

Comment

Amir is actually a solid defender against Durant and LeBron.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

LOOOOLLL, this message has become comical with the unrealistic enthusiasm shown by delusional fans.

The only people who think Raptors will win against Heat or Indiana are the delusional fans of Toronto Raptors.

I am willing to make a bet with who ever is willing to step up the plate:

there is no way Raptors will win against either of these teams. I will even make it more specific. There is no way, Raptor will win more than 2 games against the Heat but they may, if very very lucky, push Indiana to game 7 ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
          LOOOOLLL, this message has become comical with the unrealistic enthusiasm shown by delusional fans.

The only people who think Raptors will win against Heat or Indiana are the delusional fans of Toronto Raptors.

there is no way Raptors will win against either of these teams. I will even make it more specific. There is no way, Raptor will win more than 2 games against the Heat but they may, if very very lucky, push Indiana to game 7 ...
          wow those predictions are so bold. if the raptors have even a 15% chance of winning, i'm watching and hoping that happens
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the reality check captain obvious, of course it's a longshot but we're just speculating about the possibilities and odds if we were to even make it that far. If you yourself think the Pacers can be taken to 7 games then why isn't it possible to win the series..

Btw- I don't think we will win but this is about who gives us the greater chance of pulling the upset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Raps76; Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Raps good chance of losing in first chance considering Casey.

- He is a reactive not a proactive coach
              - doesn't trust youth and will overplay Hayes and salmons
              - bad rotations and play design
              - will play through Demar and not Lowry
              ANY TEAM that doesnt have a perfect record is going to have the same complaints from fans. do you know how many pacers fans want frank vogel gone now?

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                wow those predictions are so bold. if the raptors have even a 15% chance of winning, i'm watching and hoping that happens
                lol that jamshid tool still posts here? i had no idea. been blocked forever now. if someone had told me this season we'd be 3rd seed, were seconds away from completely sweeping OKC this season (along with 5 other sweeps of western conf teams), demar turning all-star and lowry playing like one of the best PG's in the east right now, along with terrence ross being a MASSIVE improvement from his rookie year (when i actually wanted him gone from the team), i would have thought it all to be laughable goals by delusional fans too.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  I can imagine the Raptors attacking Hibbert, getting him in foul trouble and eking out a 7 game series.

We don't have anyone that can even pretend to guard Lebron. I can't remember what we did the last time we played them. They went small, but I think Casey gambled by throwing a big at him at the 3 point line (Amir or Val) that would deny the drive but give up a half-open shot? It sort of worked. Am I just imagining this?
                  Lol Landry Fields would be the only one
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

On paper, we match up good against Indiana.
                    T-Ross plays excellent perimeter defense on swingmen like Paul George, who he has basically shut down in one of the match ups in the past.
                    Derozan is more consistent than Stephenson and is overall, a better player.
                    Lowry is no question a bigger force than George Hill.
                    West is better than Amir on offense for sure, but Amir is a good defender in his own right.
                    Hibbert is better than JV.

However, Pacers will still win
                    Why?

1. Playoff experience. They have had good playoff runs for the last couple of years and are hungry from last year. On the other hand, this is basically our team's first playoffs

2. Bench. Indiana has a pretty good bench now. Watson, Evan Turner, Scola, Mahinimi and wild card Bynum. Outside of 2-Pat and Vasquez, we have nobody that can consistently do more than just barely hold the fort down.

3. Coaching. This is probably the biggest reason why the Raptors will lose. Casey in pressure situations is horrible. He's an overglorified assistant defensive coach who's rotations have been iffy, and loves to go with slumping veterans rather than productive young players. In a 7 game series where teams will be ready for your offense, Casey won't make the right adjustments and will probably lose in 5 to a smart coach like Thibs, Vogel, Spoelstra (to an extent) and maybe even Charlotte's coach honestly.

That's why I think Casey won't be with the Raptors as head coach this summer.
                    Or, Masai will keep him for another year, until he gets a high profile free agent/game changer that will make the Raptors contenders (Love, Durant etc)

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      lol that jamshid tool still posts here? i had no idea. been blocked forever now. if someone had told me this season we'd be 3rd seed, were seconds away from completely sweeping OKC this season (along with 5 other sweeps of western conf teams), demar turning all-star and lowry playing like one of the best PG's in the east right now, along with terrence ross being a MASSIVE improvement from his rookie year (when i actually wanted him gone from the team), i would have thought it all to be laughable goals by delusional fans too.
                      In the playoffs you just never know what will happen. Yes realistically we have no chance against either Miami or Indiana but so many things can happen if/when we get to that point. What if New York takes out Indiana in the first round , we beat Washington as the third seed and play Chicago or Brooklyn in the second round? Yes I know it is not probable but raptors sitting in the third seed with 10 games to go no one could have predicted.

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
                        Thanks for the reality check captain obvious, of course it's a longshot
                        It seems like it is not so obvious to many fans here. It is not a long shot, it is impossible.
                        Raps76 wrote: View Post
                        but we're just speculating about the possibilities and odds if we were to even make it that far. If you yourself think the Pacers can be taken to 7 games then why isn't it possible to win the series..
                        You call it speculation and I call it dreaming As far as your second statement goes, there is HUGE DIFFERENCE between extending a series and wining a game 7 at road against a team that has more play off experience than your young team

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                          ...We don't have anyone that can even pretend to guard Lebron. I can't remember what we did the last time we played them. They went small, but I think Casey gambled by throwing a big at him at the 3 point line (Amir or Val) that would deny the drive but give up a half-open shot? It sort of worked. Am I just imagining this?
                          JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Lol Landry Fields would be the only one
                          Landry Fields has already done an excellent job against LeBron, as I recall. I think it was last year.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Landry Fields has already done an excellent job against LeBron, as I recall. I think it was last year.
                            Landry is MVP caliber if he got the minutes
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

It seems like it is not so obvious to many fans here. It is not a long shot, it is impossible.

You call it speculation and I call it dreaming As far as your second statement goes, there is HUGE DIFFERENCE between extending a series and wining a game 7 at road against a team that has more play off experience than your young team
                              Impossible is nothing

Comment

I think all the enthusiasm is great!!!

As someone whose been around the block with the Raptors before, the more you get ahead of yourself, the more you get your hopes up, the more it hurts if/when you get let down.

For people's own sanity I recommend taking it one game at a time. We haven't even clinched the third seed yet, and there's not way the Raps are good enough to look past a first round opponent, so I don't think we should do it either.

BUT for the record I think we've got a slightly better chance against the Heat than the Pacers. Taking either one to 7 games would a HUGE victory for this franchise, but I don't think that's realistic. 6 games is possible. Here's to hope!
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X