Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

I've been thinking the 4th seed might be better after all. The Pacers are really limping into the playoffs and who knows maybe if the Raps get past Brooklyn they could catch lightening in a bottle and possibly upset the Pacers. A lot of wishing and ifs & buts but who knows. Maybe this a better route to possibly make the Eastern finals, any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

With way Indy is playing as of late? Most definitely.

Comment

Definitely. We just need Miami to take over the first seed, making Indiana the second seed. And also we need to keep our third spot and pray Washington keeps their sixth spot.

Comment

I've felt it was a decent matchup for the raptors for a while. Even last season the games were competitive if I can remember correctly. It's crazy that some people think we're a better chance of beating Miami than the Pacers.

Comment

@BigCamB I like our matchup with Indy a lot better too. Lebron is unstoppable in the playoffs and the rest of the team knows what it takes to get to the promised land.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
            Definitely. We just need Miami to take over the first seed, making Indiana the second seed. And also we need to keep our third spot and pray Washington keeps their sixth spot.
            I don't have a clue how things are going to end up, Miami could overthrow the slumping Pacers for the 1 seed. We could hold on to the 3 or drop to the 4th, Washington could get hot and switch places with Brooklyn.

It's unpredictable right now but I agree the best road would be Washington and then Indy if we were to make it to the Eastern finals.

Comment

One game at a time.

Comment

Pacers got blown out by the Wiz yesterday ahhaha
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Pacers got blown out by the Wiz yesterday ahhaha
                  Kind of reminds of how their 2012-13 regular season ended, doesn't it:
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400278858

I don't know what to make of the Pacers. They are clearly very talented. And they seemed to be better in the playoffs than the regular season over the last few years. But their issues are serious, their offense is a mess. Paul George takes bad shots, Lance stagnates their offense with his ball hogging, and Hibbert is just a great talent who's Jekyll and Hyde mentally game to game. If he had Jonas' aggresive attitude, he could be the best center in the game.

(By the way, we should stop comparing Lance Stephenson to DeMar DeRozan for now. Lance might've had a case that he's better early in the season, but IMO it's a no contest now. Lance needs to stop heroballing, move the ball and play defense.)

I don't know if they can really expect to just 'flip the switch' in the playoffs. But they did last year, so who knows.

Comment

Dunno if they can ' flip the switch', but perhaps the grind of the playoffs...a seven game series, suits their style and wears down the opponent. Will be interesting though. They really have looked very ordinary for a while now.

Comment

I think it'll be harder to beat The Pacers than the Heat ..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Pacers are a much better match up just because the NBA doesn't care if they win since they're a small market. I guarantee if we play Miami in the 2nd round they will be getting every call from the refs and then some. A Heat-Raptors ECF would be just as marketable as a Heat-Pacers ECF. A Pacers-Raptors ECF would be a disaster ratings wise for the NBA, and I expect the refs to help them avoid it at all costs.

Comment

What a wonderful couple months it has been for the city of Toronto. Raptors sign MU, he gets rid of Bargnani, gets rid of Gay's ridiculous contract, and in return of those trades, we get back very useful players and picks. DeRozan becomes an All-Star (almost Lowry too) and now were here after clinching the playoffs for the first time since 2008! We're third seed at the moment, talking about playing and beating the Pacers in the second round! Feels amazing! Let this season be one to remember! #LetGoRaptors

Comment

I think Miami is the team that'll be better for us to face, our teams played well against them, and pretty sure they won't play Dwayne Wade much against us because of trying to rest him for the Pacers!

Pacers in my opinion are just stacked, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum .. I think that's too much for Toronto

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                              I think Miami is the team that'll be better for us to face, our teams played well against them, and pretty sure they won't play Dwayne Wade much against us because of trying to rest him for the Pacers!

Pacers in my opinion are just stacked, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum .. I think that's too much for Toronto

WTF are you talking about? Miami is not going to rest Wade in the playoffs and we play Indianna MUCH better. I swear we haven't beat Miami since the big three have arrived. We've beat Indiana before and even when we lose to them it's close. Terrence actually guards Paul George well. We have NO ONE that can guard Lebron even half decent.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X