• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• LeBron James and Kyle Lowry

LeBron is the Cat

FOUL on LOWRY!
      Last edited by MACK11; Mon Mar 31, 2014, 11:13 PM.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        LeBron James and Kyle Lowry

FOUL on LOWRY!
        Well he did just kick a little kid in the face, of course it's a foul on Lowry

Comment

• Against the Heat there should be lots of ball screens and that was something the offense didn't do enough of today to expose the Heat's gambling defense. They're prone to blitzing the ball handler and if the ball handler can quickly anticipate not even react it's an easy 4-on-3 against a scrambling defense. Only play this occurred was when DeMar found Amir on the short roll stopping at the free-throw line and he found Jonas lurking along the baseline for a dunk on the high-low action. Those are the types of plays the Raptors need to expose the Heat defense.

Comment

• Miami is the better team. Don't really have much to say about this game except that DeMar needs to be more aggressive offensively. I understand that Spoelstra put LeBron on him all game long. And LeBron is probably the best defensive player in the game. But still, you can't settle for jump shots.

Now, DeMar made some great passes. I think he finished w/ 7 assists but he only got to the line 1 time. His team needs him to score at the end of the day.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Refs killed us

no KL in the 4th

Didn't stick with what was working, I thought TRoss was doing a good job on James early and JV really should have gotten the ball a lot more on the block, dude played well and was looked off all through the second half.

Can't win if you don't recognize what's working vs. what's not.
              I'm so sick of him getting looked off I could vomit. Today was a day where he had a clear size advantage in the post and went 7-9 and he STILL was fourth on the team in attempts. Our bigs got 16 shots out of 70. We went to the line 10 times.

Our jumpshot offense is going to get us absolutely skewered in the playoffs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                I'm so sick of him getting looked off I could vomit. Today was a day where he had a clear size advantage in the post and went 7-9 and he STILL was fourth on the team in attempts. Our bigs got 16 shots out of 70. We went to the line 10 times.

Yeah, our O is often far too brutal. Lots of jumpers or forced drives. Not nearly enough motion and passing. It's what has worried me the most pretty much all season.

Comment

I hate it when they try to give it to JV in the post, he gets fronted/doubled, and then they give up on feeding the post for the rest of the game.
                  OG is our king

Comment

Our jumpshot offense is going to get us absolutely skewered in the playoffs
                    If only people on here would realize this

Comment

But Val isn't the type of centre you can just feed the ball and watch him put up points. I don't remember even one of his post baskets being like that, he got his buckets by having players drive and then dish off to him and that's how it's been all year. It's easy to look at the boxscore and say he needs more touches but he's not Olajuwon or Duncan, passing him the ball in a 1-on-1 in the post usually leads to a miss or a turnover.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        But Val isn't the type of centre you can just feed the ball and watch him put up points. I don't remember even one of his post baskets being like that, he got his buckets by having players drive and then dish off to him and that's how it's been all year. It's easy to look at the boxscore and say he needs more touches but he's not Olajuwon or Duncan, passing him the ball in a 1-on-1 in the post usually leads to a miss or a turnover.
                        The point stands regardless of Val post ups.

There are far too many times a game where our bigs are totally looked off. It actually doesn't bug me that much in post-up situations since Val is still a work in progress there and our other bigs are weak there too.

But there are times in other situations where as a roller or duck-in man, or just by beating their man down the floor, our bigs (especially JV or Amir) are completely open with their arms up, screaming and calling for the ball....and we end up ignoring them...the wing goes iso and takes a tough jumper. Or drives straight into a double/triple team. It's just so hard to watch.

Our O is still further exacerbated by the lack of motion and schemes set up to actually encourage the ball swinging.

It's going to be very easy for any coach to adjust and prepare for us in a 7-game series.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 1, 2014, 12:15 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Gman wrote: View Post
                          The guy perpetually trashes our team. Every board I've monitored, he's there to say these ridiculously obvious things that do nothing but stir the rest of us up during a bad game.
                          No one ever agrees with me so it can't be that obvious.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• AWWW
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• refs were brutal.
                              We needed Lowry tonight.
                              PPat needs some time to get back in the groove.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

AWWW
                                Hahahha!

EDIT:

"Kyle Lowry was wincing as he got off, but working under his own power. He limped like Peg Leg. Asked if he was okay, Lowry ignored the question. Then he hopped up onto the bus."

"But from an early vantage, this one looks bad. We’re not advising panic, but we are advising strong medicinal remedies just in case."

"Here’s the thing about that: the body’s inflammatory response peaks 24 to 72 hours after an injury. If it’s swelling immediately, you’ve got a problem.
                                "
                                Last edited by rocwell; Tue Apr 1, 2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X