Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be happy with the Toronto Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players only have ~15 years from start to end of their career, with maybe 6-8 years in or close to their prime. Now if you only have 6-8 years to accomplish everything you ever dreamed of would you rather leave it up to someone else (GM/Owner) to make that happen or would you rather control your own destiny and succeed or fail on your own terms?

I know people don't like to make these things bigger than sports, with all the emotion and passion, but it's just employees gaining power in their job and dictating the decisions rather than passively being passed around like pawns in the game.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I could stick to the generic gear I guess. I'm glad I don't own a Carter jersey. Imagine buying one of those after that Philly series, only to realize a season later that you have a jersey that basically says douchebag across the back. Yeah, it's about the name on the front , not the back eh.
      10 years in the closet that thing has sat.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        10 years in the closet that thing has sat.
        If I had one, and I'm surprised I don't, I think I would have used it as fuel for a fire. But hey, look at the bright side, you may be able to break it out again next year if Carter returns!!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Thats the main reason I don't even own a Raptors jersey. I just fear I'll buy a jersey, and then the player will get traded, or even worse demand a trade. I own no Raptors gear, I really should just go and buy a hat or something...
          Better yet, buy a retired Raps player jersey. Can't go wrong with Mo Pete, Garbo, or Oakley
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Players only have ~15 years from start to end of their career, with maybe 6-8 years in or close to their prime. Now if you only have 6-8 years to accomplish everything you ever dreamed of would you rather leave it up to someone else (GM/Owner) to make that happen or would you rather control your own destiny and succeed or fail on your own terms?

I know people don't like to make these things bigger than sports, with all the emotion and passion, but it's just employees gaining power in their job and dictating the decisions rather than passively being passed around like pawns in the game.
            Obviously I understand why it benefits players.

The difference between pro-sports and other businesses is that some people may find this behaviour produces an inferior NBA product.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Better yet, buy a retired Raps player jersey. Can't go wrong with Mo Pete, Garbo, or Oakley
              You know I've never seen an Oakley jersey. I would love to have that.

I'm actually even more pissed about the Carter jersey because I asked my girlfriend at the time to get me a JYD jersey for my birthday and she got me a Carter one. I'm glad I broke up with her!

Comment

You know I've never seen an Oakley jersey. I would love to have that.

I'm actually even more pissed about the Carter jersey because I asked my girlfriend at the time to get me a JYD jersey for my birthday and she got me a Carter one. I'm glad I broke up with her!
                I think you'd have to "custom" order to get Oakley, cause I've never seen one either.

The JYD one would have been great.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Oakley, Stoudemire, Bogues, Peterson and Oliver Miller are the ex-Raptor player jerseys I would wear

And maybe Antawn Jamison
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Oakley, Stoudemire, Bogues, Peterson and Oliver Miller are the ex-Raptor player jerseys I would wear

And maybe Antawn Jamison
                    No Garbo? No Zan Tabak? No Dell Curry? No Popeye Jones? No T-Mac? No Tracy Murray?

Not retired, but Matt Bonner? Anthony Parker?

Comment

No Garbo? No Zan Tabak? No Dell Curry? No Popeye Jones? No T-Mac? No Tracy Murray?

Not retired, but Matt Bonner? Anthony Parker?
                      Hahaha ok let me amend

Garbo Popeye Jones Bonner yes absolutely yes (I'm most ashamed I missed them)

Tabak Curry Murray Parker yes

T-Mac no (I'm still bitter about how he left)
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Hahaha ok let me amend

Garbo Popeye Jones Bonner yes absolutely yes (I'm most ashamed I missed them)

Tabak Curry Murray Parker yes

T-Mac no (I'm still bitter about how he left)
                        That's fair. I considered leaving T-Mac off the list but I'd rock one.

For the official record, if I ever see any of you wearing a Zan Tabak Raptors jersey, I will buy you a drink on the spot.

Comment

That's fair. I considered leaving T-Mac off the list but I'd rock one.

For the official record, if I ever see any of you wearing a Zan Tabak Raptors jersey, I will buy you a drink on the spot.
                          T-Mac is still the only one I have left that I wear. I finally bought a T Ross one though, design change be damned I needed something for the playoffs.

I also had an original Raptors jersey, didn't even have a name on it, just the #1 the first year they came out. I regret giving that one away.

I think other than Stoudamire, Peterson and Garbo none of the other guys actually had jerseys for sale though. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to get a custom jersey in the 90's before NBA.com Store and stuff.

Comment

I picked up a throwback T Mac Jersey last year after the Raps pounded the Clippers during Rudy Gay's debut.

Ive also got my Derozan Military night jersey, which people compliment heavily in public.

Strangely enough, I don't have a red Raps jersey.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I bought a JYD jersey second hand a few years ago, It remains my prized possession by far

Comment

T-Mac is still the only one I have left that I wear. I finally bought a T Ross one though, design change be damned I needed something for the playoffs.

I also had an original Raptors jersey, didn't even have a name on it, just the #1 the first year they came out. I regret giving that one away.

I think other than Stoudamire, Peterson and Garbo none of the other guys actually had jerseys for sale though. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to get a custom jersey in the 90's before NBA.com Store and stuff.
                                But you can now get any jersey with any name, even stupid stuff like '00 Turdmeister' if you wanted to, so getting an Oak 34 or Peterson 24 or even the Tabak 3 wouldn't be that hard to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X