Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be happy with the Toronto Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    The Heat do have a player that they drafted and developed (Wade). It would be more like the Houston Rockets model, neither star was developed in Houston.

Anyway, I don't think I would care. I guess in theory it all makes sense but in practice that bond can happen quickly. Lowry is my favorite Raptor in a long time and I don't care how long he's been a Raptor. And when it comes to some players that bond just never happens.

I only ask that they are a real team, not a bunch of drama queens. I don't want Jailblazers, I don't want a team that points fingers at each other in the media, and I don't want players with Eric Gordon's "look at me, I'm a star, I'm above the city and above the team" disease. As long as the team is humble and a real team, I don't care how they get here.
    I agree with this. I would love to always include players who have been through it all on this team, including all of the low's (such as Amir and Demar), but we can't go any higher without a superstar. This team has that play-for-eachother mentality, the selflessness, and the fire that make teams great ones in this league. A major signing and consistent production from the rest of the team we have can make it a very special one in the next few years.

JV and Ross are growing, Demar has come a long way, and will assuredly be growing some more this summer. KL has had a complete 180 degree turnaround, and has had a stellar year which I hope he can build upon whilst donning a Raptors jersey. We've brought in Pattman, Pschyo T, and Vasquez to play alongside Amir as terrific role players, whilst still possessing a guy like Landry Fields, who's still shown that same fire he had in NY during his rookie/soph years. Heck, even Novak goes crazy from time to time when he hits the hardwood.

What I would love to see is:
    -different vets brought in for Hayes and Salmons, whom can play reserve roles and step up when the Raptors need guidance and that gritty, cool minded attitude that older players bring. (VC, back in Toronto, wearing purple next year=pure awesomeness. He can replace Salmons nicely).

-A PF/SF prospect brought in via the draft. Plenty of talent is in this draft, now we just need to bring the right one in. A young PG for the future would be nice, if we can pick one up.

- Kevin Durant.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      I agree with this. I would love to always include players who have been through it all on this team, including all of the low's (such as Amir and Demar), but we can't go any higher without a superstar. This team has that play-for-eachother mentality, the selflessness, and the fire that make teams great ones in this league. A major signing and consistent production from the rest of the team we have can make it a very special one in the next few years.

JV and Ross are growing, Demar has come a long way, and will assuredly be growing some more this summer. KL has had a complete 180 degree turnaround, and has had a stellar year which I hope he can build upon whilst donning a Raptors jersey. We've brought in Pattman, Pschyo T, and Vasquez to play alongside Amir as terrific role players, whilst still possessing a guy like Landry Fields, who's still shown that same fire he had in NY during his rookie/soph years. Heck, even Novak goes crazy from time to time when he hits the hardwood.

What I would love to see is:
      -different vets brought in for Hayes and Salmons, whom can play reserve roles and step up when the Raptors need guidance and that gritty, cool minded attitude that older players bring. (VC, back in Toronto, wearing purple next year=pure awesomeness. He can replace Salmons nicely).

-A PF/SF prospect brought in via the draft. Plenty of talent is in this draft, now we just need to bring the right one in. A young PG for the future would be nice, if we can pick one up.

- Kevin Durant.
      I feel you in a way I haven't felt many before
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Ideally i'd like it if they kept these core players that I've grown to really like, especially Lowry, Ross and JV, and watch them grow. Adding a Durant to that mix is not something I'd feel guilty about at all though.
        If they gutted the roster and two years later it had maybe one current player on it, i'd be pissed...but I guess you eventually would move on.

Comment

As others have said, adding a Durant would not be superficial and would feel homegrown to me still. Signing one big name guy because he wants to come put us over the top is not "cHEATing".

I would definitely not feel right doing it the way they did it though, you can't identify with that team. They have no hometown appeal at all, they're perfect for Miami because they're like a sideshow, the Harlem Globetrotters, a Vegas act that travels so Lebron can throw his powdered hands in the air pre game in places like Milwaukee, Charlotte or gosh golly gee maybe Toronto.

The only people that cheer for them to win are little kids and bandwagon jumpers. Literally. Old enough to remember all the "Bulls fans" that were around in the 90s? All kids and casual fans that wanted to be down.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't care at all how the team is built if it's a contender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              It crossed my mind last night as I watched the game that I don't want our team to win the way the Heat did.

I don't want to win the Finals with Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo and Demarcus Cousins.

I find a home-grown product much more enjoyable.

I want a core that I can identify with. A core that we've seen struggle and stumble before finally achieving success.

It isn't that I'm opposed to all free agent signings (obviously), but I don't want to enter 2016 with one player left on our roster and build a brand new team to see them win the league that year.

I don't think I'd be happy with the Toronto Heat. Would you?
              Yes you would, and it wouldn't even take regular season games before you were all lovehead.

Don't take the piss

Comment

Id be THRILLED with the Toronto Heat. The equivalent would be one of TR or JV developing well and then being joined by Anthony Davis and KD in the offseason (or even better, AD and Wiggins if he develops) ... ummm ... ya, I think I could handle that!!

Its easy to shit on teams that have success and complain about how they got there .. but if any Raptors fan wouldnt like one of the scenarios I painted above, you are flat out lieing to yourself (or just flat out crazy)

Comment

Yeah, but is anyone proud to be a Heat fan? I don't really think I'd be.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It is SOOO hard to win a championship, and you have to take risks. Boston traded a bunch of homegrown talent for KG and Ray Allen and we all know how that turned out.

There is no right way or wrong way to winning a title. There's just winning or not winning.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

After 20 years of virtually no success, I'd take a team of recently bailed out criminals if it meant we were a real factor.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        After 20 years of virtually no success, I'd take a team of recently bailed out criminals if it meant we were a real factor.
                        So the early 2000 Trailblazers or Pacers?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

no soul guys, no soul
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

no soul guys, no soul
                            You're making this too easy...

Comment

draft or free agency...doesn't matter....as look as we WIN!

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                Remember when people were saying gordan is better than derozan will ever be
                                Barring injuries Gordon was on the path to being way better than DD will ever be. But unfortunately he does have a lot of injuries

Comment

Working...
                                X