Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grantland's Kirk Goldsberry on Tyler Hansbrough

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Nurse and Bayno (and Masai who put them in) get enough credit for the improvements on the season offensively.
    We are still pretty bad offensively though.

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Yeah, there's only 20 teams with a worse offensive rating. That is pretty bad.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I think they are bad in crunch time.

Overall they are not bad, at least not statistically.

Personally though I hate their style of play and reliance on the long jumpers.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar seems too tentative in crunch time to drive lately, hence settling for those long twos. He's getting the calls, so I'd like to see him take it to the basket.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think they are bad in crunch time.

Overall they are not bad, at least not statistically.

Personally though I hate their style of play and reliance on the long jumpers.
    That's true. The crunch time has bit us in the butt so many times now that I think that's all I remember.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad crunch-time/when it counts, but, overall the Raps are a pretty decent Offensive team.

Hell, we could be the Pacers offensively right now, bad all around, lol.

That being said, I do like what TH brings. I hope we can keep him for a good contract again. I can only imagine playing against him in practice would help our players grow a thicker skin, and learn to not picking up as many knicky-knacky fouls.

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A guy like Hansborough could be very useful if we meet the Pacers or the Heat the playoffs. I hope Casey puts him in versus Bosh, Lebron and Hibbert and junk up their games. We always struggle against mobile, stronger players and should be looking to put them on 'tilt' as early as possible.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jack_Bauer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    A guy like Hansborough could be very useful if we meet the Pacers or the Heat the playoffs. I hope Casey puts him in versus Bosh, Lebron and Hibbert and junk up their games. We always struggle against mobile, stronger players and should be looking to put them on 'tilt' as early as possible.
    I don't know if Hansborough could guard small-ball fours such as Lebron or Pierce, but I agree with your premise. I wanted Casey to give Tyler more minutes against the Heat on Monday. Maybe he could have taken away some of the Birdman's rebounds in the 4th. He has the most playoff experience on the roster (35 games), and brings an element of toughness and hustle off the bench that will be important come playoff time.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; Thu Apr 3rd, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if last night's very good showing against Houston will be enough to get Hansbrough back on the court? Personally, I did not miss seeing Chuck Hayes.

After reading the comments here, I think it does make sense for him to pass the ball out after an offensive rebound when he is being guarded by a centre or finds himself in the middle of two or three players under the basket, as happened last night. Much of Hansbrough's time on the court this season has been to spell Valanciunas, so he is often guarding taller players.

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyler had 2 assists, and should have had 1 or 2 more. Anyway, the last time Tyler had more than 1 assist in a game was 4 months ago today in the Warriors collapse game. 39 games, 12.5 minutes per, 6 assists total.

I love Hansbrough's energy and toughness, and he's one of the best offensive rebounders in the game. If he can involve his teammates more often he should get increased minutes a ndhopefully we'll see much less of Chuck (and I'm probably one of Hayes few defenders).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information