5-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    why are you soo angry brooooo. I am saying thAT east is always bad and IT ISNT AS BADDDDD AS YOU ARE SAYING IT IS. DAMMMNNNN
    hey all i'm doing is correcting all the wrong shit you're saying. thats all buddy!

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      Actually .. despite what they have shown, I'm sure Chicago and Brooklyn would win a series or two with at least 1 or two in that "top ten" list

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      you didn't really say anything besides saying a team could potentially beat another team. so what? still doesn't discount what the top teams this season are, and the vast majority are in the west.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        you didn't really say anything besides saying a team could potentially beat another team. so what? still doesn't discount what the top teams this season are, and the vast majority are in the west.
        So much so that a team could miss the playoffs in the West with 48 or maybe 49 wins Pretty crazy.

Comment

Oh my god dude.

We're all content with playoffs,home court, a great season to watch and you sittin here talking about the west. The west? The WEST! Not the East, no not the east, where we in 3rd place, staring at home court advantage and a winnable first round. Not the east. You sittin here talkin bout the west. The west? Please man.

Stop being such a damn downer. Yeah, the western teams are stronger. SO WHAT? What difference does it make? This is inferiority complex at it's finest "We're good, but only on a season where everybody sucks." We usually suck anyways, enjoy it man. This is a deviation from the norm and we have every indication to believe this improvement will continue. Relax.

We're the tanks in your avatar, trying to finally celebrate a well played season, and you're Kyle Lowry, yelling at the top of his lungs about the West. The West, man? The West! Please.
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            Oh my god dude.

We're all content with playoffs,home court, a great season to watch and you sittin here talking about the west. The west? The WEST! Not the East, no not the east, where we in 3rd place, staring at home court advantage and a winnable first round. Not the east. You sittin here talkin bout the west. The west? Please man.

Stop being such a damn downer. Yeah, the western teams are stronger. SO WHAT? What difference does it make? This is inferiority complex at it's finest "We're good, but only on a season where everybody sucks." We usually suck anyways, enjoy it man. This is a deviation from the norm and we have every indication to believe this improvement will continue. Relax.

We're the tanks in your avatar, trying to finally celebrate a well played season, and you're Kyle Lowry, yelling at the top of his lungs about the West. The West, man? The West! Please.
            first of all, we're not in 3rd anymore. secondly, no idea what the point of this post even was, except all you did was actually AGREE with me about the west obviously being stronger. thats the only point i tried to make if you actually read this thread properly before spewing some random garbage.

you literally are defending absolutely NOTHING. i didn't say anything about the raptors performance and where they are in the standings relative to how bad the east is. so thanks for randomly trying to make up a quote that didn't even come from me.

being insecure and thinking there is doubt or criticism being tossed your way when theres really not = inferiority complex. thats on you, man.

Comment

The Raps, Bulls and Nets (and maybe the 'Cats), can easily compete with, and even beat, the Warriors, Blazers, Mavs, Suns, and Grizzlies, and maybe the Rockets. It's only the top 3 in the West that are clearly better. The Raps biggest disadvantage would be a lack of experience, especially considering two sophomore starters.

The main reason why so many West teams have such good records isn't that they are clearly superior teams, it's just that there are so many shitty teams in the East to beat up on. 9 Teams in the East are pretty bad. 3 have less than .300 winning percentage, and Boston is just a little over, and 1 less than .200. No team in the West is less than .300, and only 3 teams are really shitty. So when East playoff teams play the West, there are few easy games, but when the West playoff teams play the East, it's a cakewalk for the most part.

Plus, if you consider the slow starts for the Raptors, Bulls, Nets, Wiz, and 'Cats, it's easy to understand how the East has only two 50 win teams (maybe the Bulls get there too). The middle tier of the East is much closer to the middle tier of the West than most people think...team records don't tell the story.

If you want to compare the conferences top to bottom, than yeah, the West is clearly superior. But considering only the playoff teams, I don't think the difference is that great.

Also, the competitive difference between the conferences is irrelevant come playoff time. One only needs to play one team from the other conference.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                Oh my god dude.

Who do you think you are? Allen Iverson?

Comment

first of all, we're not in 3rd anymore. secondly, no idea what the point of this post even was, except all you did was actually AGREE with me about the west obviously being stronger. thats the only point i tried to make if you actually read this thread properly before spewing some random garbage.

you literally are defending absolutely NOTHING. i didn't say anything about the raptors performance and where they are in the standings relative to how bad the east is. so thanks for randomly trying to make up a quote that didn't even come from me.

being insecure and thinking there is doubt or criticism being tossed your way when theres really not = inferiority complex. thats on you, man.
                  Damn dude we are all saying the west is stronger, it has always been. We are saying the east is not as bad as it was in the beginning of the year when only 2 teams were over 500
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

The Raptors are in fourth place, Atlantic division winners and possibly could win a series or two in the playoffs.

Despite that, we would not be in the playoffs in the west?

IT IS NOT OUR FAULT.

It is not our fault that Cavs, Pistons and Knicks suck.

It is not our fault that the Nets started horribly.

It is not our fault Derrick Rose's knees suck.

We just took advantage of all that by playing decent basketball after the Rudy Gay trade, and that i what was needed to clinch a playoff spot.

All you can control is how well you play, not everyone else.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors are in fourth place, Atlantic division winners and possibly could win a series or two in the playoffs.

Despite that, we would not be in the playoffs in the west?

IT IS NOT OUR FAULT.

It is not our fault that Cavs, Pistons and Knicks suck.

It is not our fault that the Nets started horribly.

It is not our fault Derrick Rose's knees suck.

We just took advantage of all that by playing decent basketball after the Rudy Gay trade, and that i what was needed to clinch a playoff spot.

All you can control is how well you play, not everyone else.
                      Yessss you understand, the only one who doesn't is iblastoff
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

The main reason why so many West teams have such good records isn't that they are clearly superior teams, it's just that there are so many shitty teams in the East to beat up on. 9 Teams in the East are pretty bad. 3 have less than .300 winning percentage, and Boston is just a little over, and 1 less than .200. No team in the West is less than .300, and only 3 teams are really shitty. So when East playoff teams play the West, there are few easy games, but when the West playoff teams play the East, it's a cakewalk for the most part.

Plus, if you consider the slow starts for the Raptors, Bulls, Nets, Wiz, and 'Cats, it's easy to understand how the East has only two 50 win teams (maybe the Bulls get there too). The middle tier of the East is much closer to the middle tier of the West than most people think...team records don't tell the story.
                        Not sure I understand...Sure, the West teams get to beat up on the shitty east teams, but the Raptors, Nets, Bulls, Wizards and Bobcats get to do it up to twice as often..where as the west teams beat up on each other.

Agree that the 3-7 seeds in the east have all improved significantly over the season though.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          Who do you think you are? Allen Iverson?

Allen Iverson? We sittin here, the Raptors s'pose to go 5-2 and we sittin here talkin bout Allen Iverson. Allen Iverson? Man, please.
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Whoa you really do blast off.

As everyone has already said, numerous times, no one is arguing the west is stronger. Basically I agree with everything you're saying, you are absolutely correct. But the strength of the west has absolutely nothing to do with the raptors. Kyle Lowry didnt tell all the eastern conference teams to suck. So the strength of our conference shouldn't matter, the team has a strong record and is pushing for 50 wins! 50 dude! Lets rejoice! So to reiterate, you're right the west is stronger. But...

Who the fuck cares?

Comment

The West has been stronger than the East for more than a decade. The biggest reason in my opinion is with how the draft lottery is setup. Teams that don't make the playoffs are in the lottery. A 47 win team like Phoenix (currently in 9th in the West) will be in the lottery but the Raptors (currently at 46 wins) will be picking 19th.

So teams in the West that are already good will get better.

Toronto did end up with a winning record against the West this year. So personally I think they deserve the Atlantic title despite being in the same conference as teams like Philly, Boston and NY.

Comment

Eastern teams only have to face one Western team in the playoffs. Western teams aren't better but different more run and gun. A lot of Western teams with good records cant play playoff basketball. They win 50 regular season games then wilt when defenses tighten.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X