Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Raptors Game!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Raptors Game!

Hey guys,

first time poster, long time reader. Given the amazing season we're having and the happy coincidence that I'm gonna be driving through the states from Australia during the playoffs I've come to the conclusion that I need to do whatever it takes to see a playoff game in Toronto while I have the chance. What I'm looking for is a couple of recommendations in regards to getting Tickets, cheap flights from (probably) LA and accommodation near the ACC. Any advice at all is highly sought!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

There are cheap flights from LA to Buffalo then arrange a car rental or bus transportation. The ACC is right downtown where there is a wide choice of accommodation. Since the Raptors haven't been in the playoffs for 5 years, playoff tickets will be in demand. I can't help on that, perhaps another member has some recommendations for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if you've finally posted here, how about you stick around?

There's always room for one more.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely be sticking around! My raptors love has quickly become an obsession in the past 3 years, this pretty much feels like the best way to mainline raptors into my blood at anytime haha

5. Like tylerPraps, 007, YoungGunRaptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote valsanity wrote: View Post
    I will definitely be sticking around! My raptors love has quickly become an obsession in the past 3 years, this pretty much feels like the best way to mainline raptors into my blood at anytime haha
    That is the truth. I heard that Raptors Republic was coming out with an intravenous drip version and a camel pack so you could move around with it.

7. Like Yoshi, Nilanka, white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect, smoking Jonas' per/48 stats was just not something I could keep up much longer

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely be sticking around! My raptors love has quickly become an obsession
    Welcome home brother!! Lol
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

10. Like valsanity liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely stick around. Need some more Aussies to infiltrate this forum. We will take it over eventually.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Definitely stick around. Need some more Aussies to infiltrate this forum. We will take it over eventually.
    I feel at this stage it's almost inevitable

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just curious, of all the nba teams, why the raptors? i'm sure you like other teams too but for the most part, even with the success of this season we're a pretty fringe organization compared to most.

Post Thanks / Like

For me. I spent a year in Canada after school finished. If you've spent any reasonable amount of time in Banff or Whistler you've probably seen plenty of us there working and stuff, we have overrun those places (rr is next) Anyway I eventually ended up in Toronto and went to a few raptors games and fell in love with them. I'd never been able to pick a team prior to that due to no geographical ties to any teams etc always just migrated to where my fav players were. I love Canada, and continued to support the raptors after I got back home. This was 2008, the raptors have been stuck with me ever since.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a canadian citizen by birth and was born 2 years before the raptors became a franchise; they were always in the background when we lived in canada for a few years and when we moved they were something I really missed. Now that I can afford a league pass and all it's glory I'm able to watch it all the time which makes following the team that much easier!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For me. I spent a year in Canada after school finished. If you've spent any reasonable amount of time in Banff or Whistler you've probably seen plenty of us there working and stuff, we have overrun those places (rr is next) Anyway I eventually ended up in Toronto and went to a few raptors games and fell in love with them. I'd never been able to pick a team prior to that due to no geographical ties to any teams etc always just migrated to where my fav players were. I love Canada, and continued to support the raptors after I got back home. This was 2008, the raptors have been stuck with me ever since.
    Random but I find it extremely weird that yall drive on the left hand side

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Random but I find it extremely weird that yall drive on the left hand side
    I've done both sides of the road; seeing cars come at you on the 'wrong' side of the road is something that I've never been able to get used to

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in Australia are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a canadian citizen by birth and was born 2 years before the raptors became a franchise; they were always in the background when we lived in canada for a few years and when we moved they were something I really missed. Now that I can afford a league pass and all it's glory I'm able to watch it all the time which makes following the team that much easier!
    League Pass has literally saved our lives :d

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall any Aussie Raps players. Sean Marks was a Kiwi I think, so the only rep from that part of the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I don't recall any Aussie Raps players. Sean Marks was a Kiwi I think, so the only rep from that part of the world.
    Actually didn't the Raps run into a bit of and imbroglio with an Australian player who turned out to have an undisclosed medical condition...dragged out into a legal argument.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Nate Jawaii and David Andersen

@ valsanity, I'm from Melbourne as well. Grew up in Albury, NSW

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate Jawaii and David Andersen

@ valsanity, I'm from Melbourne as well. Grew up in Albury, NSW
    Aussie Shaq! #neverforget

24. Like BigCamB liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information