No announcement yet.

Is this the best Raptors team ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosh's game wasn't really inside out though. He almost always got the ball on the elbow.

And I'm not sure how great Ford and Parker's defense was.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Bosh's game wasn't really inside out though. He almost always got the ball on the elbow.

Parker's D was very good.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Parker's D was very good.
        Ok, whatever you say. I watched the games back then but wasn't as into the numbers. I just don't remember him being a stopper, but that could just be ignorance speaking.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I miss garbo's grit and glue guy skills

when he went down with that horrible knee injury the team went with it ... so sad

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

I meant the team played inside-out, not just Bosh. They'd always establish Bosh first, with a combination of post-ups and face-ups (I really liked Bosh that year - it was the following season when he stopped being so aggressive and started to fancy himself a mid-range shooter). He'd destroy the 13-14 interior defense, requiring double-teams, which would allow the ball to be swung around the perimeter for an open 3pt shot from any of Parker, Mo-Pete, Bargnani, Ford or Calderon.

And from what I recall, Parker was a great lock-down defender on the perimeter, always guarding the likes of LBJ and Kobe. There's no way DeRozan would be able to beat him off the dribble in isolation - Parker would let DeRozan shoot contested long-2's all night long.

The matchup between Ford and Lowry would be a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

Our 2001-2002 team looked good on paper. Too bad injuries ruined that season.

My personal favourite team is the 2000 Raptors. They weren't amazingly consistent, but it was always a thrill watching T Mac and VC run the fast break together.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Even though the Raps have been fairly miserable, I still kinda resent the idea that we are as bad as the Grizzlies were in Vancouver.
                I'm very sorry, the Grizz were a lot worse than the Raptors.

You had Carter. And TMac

We had, can't even remember right now.

I got cheap tickets though.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  I'm very sorry, the Grizz were a lot worse than the Raptors.

You had Carter. And TMac

We had, can't even remember right now.

I got cheap tickets though.
                  Byrant BIG COUNTRY Reeves. Best Center Everrrrrrrrr. Never forget

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    Haahaha, how could I?
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post

They were calling him BIG CONTINENT when he left the league.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I don't think this team is as good as their record or place in the standings reflect.

I would rank this team about on par with the Bosh-lead playoff teams, a notch below the VC-lead playoff teams.

Although the makeup of all 3 teams was quite different (VC = superstar, Bosh = inside-out, DeRozan = jump shots), I do see several commonalities as well:
                        - balanced starting lineup with good ball movement
                        - good team defense
                        - 2nd unit can be an advantage when healthy

I just think the VC-lead teams were the best because of his individual skill, the veteran leadership, interior presence and deep bench.

In a best-of-7 series, I think I might even give the Bosh-lead teams the 2nd spot, because of Bosh's interior play (aggressive Bosh from 2007 would eat Valanciunas & Amir for breakfast, especially surrounded by several good 3pt threats, given the current Raps' weak 3pt defense).
                        Experts at NBA radio think this year's team has overachieved due to coaching . The team may be best TEAM ever but talent wise I agree with above comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X