Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    But Rudy got us a bench..... so really, we traded a pin rider to get a full bench.
    Yeah, thank goodness Masai didn't want to deal with Rudy being around...fucking the on-court aspects and flexibility.

This clip sums up my mental state from one Rudy trade to another. From hopeless frustration to miraculous bliss.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
      Ed was a casualty of the Rudy Gay for Jose 3-way swap, to make it work. I felt that, by adding ED, BC gave away too much. Rudy just wasn't worth it, even at that time.

Ed needed the type of treatment that TRoss and JV are getting, time and confidence to grow. Ed has the potential, and the desire to be a quality piece on a championship roster. If he was allowed to grow, he could've been a productive bench PF behind Amir and JV. He would have given some different options to DC.

The real question is, who would you rather have as the 3rd PF on the roster, ED or Psycho T?
      Exactly. Personally i like hansborogh but this is all you will get from his which is reasonable as a 3rd big. But Ed has the potential just like you're saying like Ross and JV he needs the opportunity so when injuries happen to amir or someone else like they happen id rather have ed filling that role than hansborogh

Comment

Amir is going to breakdown if he racks up minutes at the 4 and 5. PPat and Davis frontcourt second unit works better defensively than PPat and Hands and adds a third big if Val or Amir get into foul trouble keeping rotations stable. Hopefully this is a deep playoff team which means low starters minutes in the regular season. This is why Casey tries to keep steady rotations but price don't fit right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hands is great but his minutes are eaten by PPat and he plays out of position a lot making him look bad. TO roster was cobbled together which means we have holes and redundancies good players will leave for better roles elsewhere.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Hands is great but his minutes are eaten by PPat and he plays out of position a lot making him look bad. TO roster was cobbled together which means we have holes and redundancies good players will leave for better roles elsewhere.

Ed Davis doesn't fill any holes. He just adds more redundancy, and isn't good enough to crack our current rotation at either spot.

If the argument for getting Davis is to fill a hole at C, that's a weak argument.

Comment

Amir and Amir lite physically Chuck Hayes is a backup big spot starting vs unique matchups. Toronto has no C after Val and PPat work better off the bench than starting. If Toronto can pick him up for around 5 mil its a bargain PPat is looking at 6-8 as a RFA.

Comment

Amir is going to breakdown if he racks up minutes at the 4 and 5. PPat and Davis frontcourt second unit works better defensively than PPat and Hands and adds a third big if Val or Amir get into foul trouble keeping rotations stable. Hopefully this is a deep playoff team which means low starters minutes in the regular season. This is why Casey tries to keep steady rotations but price don't fit right now.

You must be Ed Davis's agent nearly every single post of yours is advocating for his return to Toronto
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Amir and Amir lite physically Chuck Hayes is a backup big spot starting vs unique matchups. Toronto has no C after Val and PPat work better off the bench than starting. If Toronto can pick him up for around 5 mil its a bargain PPat is looking at 6-8 as a RFA.

lol PPat is NOT looking for 8 mil. just lol...
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Toronto has zero cap space multiple holes #20 pick. I like Ed Davis just like I like Dwayne Casey simply because there aren't many options. Filling a front court vacancy saving three picks to fill roster holes seems cheap for 5 mil. Also FA contracts can be structured around cap space and we have to sign Lowry and Patterson. After 2014-2015 we have cap space and picks but for now its a high playoff team that was built very well for the playoffs.

Comment

• I mean not built well this is a fluke season when core players have worked out well.

Comment

• PPat isn't looking for 8 but as an RFA bugs are overpayted. Greg Monroe is looking for a Max deal and Asik was overplayed by Houston. After the Kings no way 8 after the playoffs 8 might not do it.

Comment

• Toronto has no capspace and you want to sign Ed Davis for $5M?? WTF?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Toronto has no capspace and you want to sign Ed Davis for $5M?? WTF?
                            Im telling you this guy has to be Ed Davis's agent
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Why is this thread so long?

Ed Davis isn't Vince Carter. Ed was here, he had his chance, now he is somewhere else getting a chance and he still hasn't cracked the rotation. There is no international cartel with agents embedded in NBA teams fighting to keep Ed Davis on the bench. Ed Davis is keeping Ed Davis on the bench. Why would you want to bring that here? Send it to Long Beach.

Comment

• No cap space after signings but with 20 mil you can backload deals with Lowry, Ppat, Carter and Davis if signed at the same time fit 4 contracts into the space of 2 or 3. Later in the year cap space becomes an issue on trade and free agent signings. That's why GV prob can't be resigned if DeColo walks we could use the #20 pick for a PG the window is short to decide on contracts to maintain flexibility

Comment

Working...
                                X