Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal Roster For Next Season? Vince Carter Involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raps76 wrote: View Post
    Yeah Barnes & Gordon are both unnecessary, and even more so if Carter actually returns for his farewell tour. We need a mentor for Val or at very least someone who can give him decent rest and isn't as undersized as Hayes to protect the rim.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Pretty content with Hayes sticking around as a third 5 and the token "vet". It's become quite apparent that he's doing a good job teaching JV, getting him in the right positions and stuff.

Comment

Field/Novak/Hayes is almost one max contract I like all three but they prob won't play so its a max contract sitting on the bench

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Random but maybe we should try to sign swaggy p off the bench. Dudes lights up quickly and he's from Compton and demars boy. I don't know I just wanna see some shananagans from him lol
        http://9gag.com/gag/aQqr63z
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
          Pretty content with Hayes sticking around as a third 5 and the token "vet". It's become quite apparent that he's doing a good job teaching JV, getting him the right positions and stuff.
          I wouldn't mind either, besides we can ride out his expiring salary to the tune of 6M in the offseason. However I really feel drafting or signing that 2nd 5 is important for our improvement next year.

Comment

I wouldn't mind either, besides we can ride out his expiring salary to the tune of 6M in the offseason. However I really feel drafting or signing that 2nd 5 is important for our improvement next year.

I agree, I'd like to draft one in the first round, but there doesn't seem to be a plethora of fives this year. The free agent crop doesn't excite me much either..I dunno about Okafor. His injuries, how much he costs etc.

Comment

Our Lineups Next Year
              Lowry/Vazquez/DeColo
              DeRozan/V.Carter/J.Stone
              T.Ross/K.Anderson/L.Fields
              2Pat/Vonleh or Gordan/Hansborough/
              Val/A.Varejao/C.Hayes/J.Bachynski (Late 2nd round pick)

Toronto out: Amir Johnson, Steve Novak, Sacramento's pick
              Toronto in: Anderson Varejao, Cleveland's 1st round pick (We grab one of Vonleh, Gordan or Randle if he falls but i doubt it)
              Toronto draft Kyle Anderson with our 1st round pick and Jordan Bachynski with our late 2nd round pick

We should be able to make to the playoff next year and make some buzz. Adding Varejao, V.Carter and a few picks should make us a good team, Vonleh or Gordan should replace 2Pat as our starting PF in the midseason and we might decide to flip 2Pat + filler for a key veteran backup in the deadline. Kyle Anderson is a good pick in the Top 20 as in he can be the primary backup of Ross or get better than Ross as time progress.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Eric Gordon expires in 2014 I think we basically shed Novak and 2 expiring and clear more space for one player who may play. Pels tank hard with a team with Holiday and Davis in a year they have a pick looking for a third part in the draft.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                Gordon is signed through 2015 minimum, and has a player option for the 15-16 season.

Comment

I agree, I'd like to draft one in the first round, but there doesn't seem to be a plethora of fives this year. The free agent crop doesn't excite me much either..I dunno about Okafor. His injuries, how much he costs etc.
                  Yeah, the C crop doesn't seem too outstanding. Part of the reason I wouldn't use the 1st rounder on one. Just pick up some guy in the 2nd round, who can maybe at least be serviceable.

Comment

Yeah the options are pretty much Okafor, JO, and Kaman for FA's. Maybe we could pull off a minor trade and land a guy like ZaZa or someone similar that's defensive and can eat up minutes while Val's on the bench.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                      Our Lineups Next Year
                      Lowry/Vazquez/DeColo
                      DeRozan/V.Carter/J.Stone
                      T.Ross/K.Anderson/L.Fields
                      2Pat/Vonleh or Gordan/Hansborough/
                      Val/A.Varejao/C.Hayes/J.Bachynski (Late 2nd round pick)

Toronto out: Amir Johnson, Steve Novak, Sacramento's pick
                      Toronto in: Anderson Varejao, Cleveland's 1st round pick (We grab one of Vonleh, Gordan or Randle if he falls but i doubt it)
                      Toronto draft Kyle Anderson with our 1st round pick and Jordan Bachynski with our late 2nd round pick

We should be able to make to the playoff next year and make some buzz. Adding Varejao, V.Carter and a few picks should make us a good team, Vonleh or Gordan should replace 2Pat as our starting PF in the midseason and we might decide to flip 2Pat + filler for a key veteran backup in the deadline. Kyle Anderson is a good pick in the Top 20 as in he can be the primary backup of Ross or get better than Ross as time progress.
                      I'm pretty sure Cleveland would do that trade
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yeah the options are pretty much Okafor, JO, and Kaman for FA's. Maybe we could pull off a minor trade and land a guy like ZaZa or someone similar that's defensive and can eat up minutes while Val's on the bench.

Zaza's making 5.2 million per the next couple of years....not sure I like that price.

Comment

Yeh. We have a really flexible front court. Can play big or small ball with various combinations of Amir, 2pat and Hans( depends who comes back). Just need that extra C if they want to stay big with JV on the bench.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Random but maybe we should try to sign swaggy p off the bench. Dudes lights up quickly and he's from Compton and demars boy. I don't know I just wanna see some shananagans from him lol
                            http://9gag.com/gag/aQqr63z
                            I may be the only one, but I want no part of "swaggy p". Players like him ought to all be shipped over to Detroit to play with Josh Johnson and Jennings

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                              I may be the only one, but I want no part of "swaggy p". Players like him ought to all be shipped over to Detroit to play with Josh Johnson and Jennings
                              You're not the only one.

Comment

Yeh. We have a really flexible front court. Can play big or small ball with various combinations of Amir, 2pat and Hans( depends who comes back). Just need that extra C if they want to stay big with JV on the bench.
                                Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X