Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal Roster For Next Season? Vince Carter Involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal Roster For Next Season? Vince Carter Involved?

Haven't started one of these in awhile..

Anyways, let's think way ahead of ourselves here, and pretend we are Masai Ujiri. Let's think next season: 20th anniversary, season before 2016 All-Star Weekend, possibly an improving play-off team INTO a contender(?).

My question to you is, what is your ideal roster for next season? And why?

MINE:

Long post here:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo, Buycks, Stone
    SG: DeRozan, Salmons
    SF: Ross, Fields, Novak
    PF: Amir, PP, Hansbrough
    C: JV, Hayes

I'd like to see THIS next season:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo
    SG: DeRozan, Vince Carter
    SF: Ross, Novak, Fields, (possibly the 1st round pick)
    PF: Johnson, PP, Hansbrough (Good quality of 4's, good rotations)
    C: JV, Hayes (keep as a veteran big), (possibly the 1st round pick)

The situation with Fields is funny to me though, I'd definitely like to see him traded because Casey's leaving his skillset to waste, he's a good player, which could net us a solid return, despite low trade value (expiring next season I believe, too). Otherwise, no problem with him staying.

I'd also like to see the 1st round pick go to a small forward, for there are a TON of prospects at that position, and the centre behind JV is a need for upgrade.

Reason I didn't make very many changes is considering the team still is a little tight with cap, however the team's current core is play-off material. With that being said, it still lacks a star. What I want from this roster, is a bit more scoring/veteran play off the bench with Vince Carter (and the argument for him to come back is dissected HERE).

http://www.raptorscage.ca/report-rap...g-back-carter/

Along with production and veteran-ship from the bench, I've obviously acknowledged the 1st round pick, and I would like to see that go to a small-forward or centre. Ross has gotten inconsistent help from Salmons, Fields - no playing time - and Novak, who is a very short-stinted option.

Accoriding to Draft Express (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/), we are pinned taking SF Jerami Grant, with guys like SF T.J. Warren, SF Kyle Anderson, SF Rodney Hood within our reach. Personally, thinking realistically and hopefully, a guy like Willie Cauley-Stein is someone of interest to me.

What is your guys' realistic, but ideal roster for next season?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Ideal roster

PG - Lowry, de Colo
    SG - DeRozan, Ross, Carter
    SF - Harrison Barnes,Fields, Novak
    PF - Amir,PPat, Ed Davis
    C - Val,Hayes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Trade #20 pick for Barnes,Sign RFA Ed Davis from Memphis, Sign FA Carter as 6th man use TRoss @ SG start Barnes @ SF use Ed Davis as the first big off the bench and PPat as stretch 4 in rotation. Use Fields,Novak and Hayes per situation and de Colo as PG with VC handling the ball with Ross developing as swingman

Comment

I'd rather take TH than ED, and I like ED. TH brings intangibles that ED just won't bring.

I don't think we're getting Barnes for the #20 pick. Anything short of a lottery pick, and I don't think you could get him.

We NEED a big behind JV. You want to see Mr Hayes playing backup big minutes all season? Dear lord...we're going to get torched, consistently.

Comment

Yeah, Hayes can be our 15th man, but there is no reason he should be our backup C next year. We need to bring in someone, and in my opinion, that should be Jordan Hill.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I pray Ujiri resigns VC, I think a lot of people would lose their shit when he starts dropping baskets! He'd be a great mentor too for DD & TR.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Very few bigs available draft or FA under 10 mil. Tyler at 3.5 is good but he prob won't come back PPat took his spot. Jermaine ONeil might be an option. Barnes looks like he's going to be buried behind Iggy trade Jerami Grant for Barnes buys rthe Warriors a few years but committing to a RFA

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Very few bigs available draft or FA under 10 mil. Tyler at 3.5 is good but he prob won't come back PPat took his spot. Jermaine ONeil might be an option. Barnes looks like he's going to be buried behind Iggy trade Jerami Grant for Barnes buys rthe Warriors a few years but committing to a RFA

I don't think jermaine one all would want to come back, his first stint failed
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

If VC comes back then why not ONeil I'm not sure about his situation on GS but a six foul second rounder might be as good like the 7'2" Canadian Bachy... Or Joel Anthony but a draft pick would be cheaper than vet min.

Comment

I'd like to see VC back, but I'd also like to see something like this:

Valanciunas/Okafor/Hayes
                    Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
                    Ross/Fields/Novak
                    DeRozan/De Colo/Rookie
                    Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

The rookie SG would be more of a G/F than a combo guard. I'd like to see what Fields and De Colo would do as our primary backup wings. I think they could both play a significant role on a winning team and next year should be their chance to prove it.

Comment

Lol every armchair GMs favorite type of thread...so happy!

The majority of our team has good chem and I think there is a good base here that you keep together to grow the culture for the young kids you add. Lowry, Ross, Val, Amir and Pattman are my core.

1) Use Salmon's buyout on Draft Day - Salmons + pick #59 to OKC for Perkins + Perry Jones III +/- future second. OKC does it for cap relief, we buy out Perkins and take a flier on PJ3 whom I think is on a good developmental track and could be a good player within a couple of seasons, play him off the bench at SF.

2) Resign Lowry, resign Patterson, resign De Colo (1st year guaranteed, 2nd year team option), retain TH, let Vasquez walk

3) Trade DD for a pick high enough to select Noah Vonleh. I think the dude has potential to be a very good PF in this league on both side of the ball. He comes off the bench for a while. As the years go along he earns the starting PF and the Amir/Pattman combo off the bench is a solid, sustainable bench unit for years with Vonleh/JV hopefully turns into a great frontcourt

4) If there is a better coach available upgrade take it, I want to see an inside/out team, which Casey stifles

Lineup next season:

Lowry/De Colo/Stone
                      Ross/????
                      Fields/PJ3
                      Amir/Patterson/TH
                      JV/Vonleh/Hayes

We are weak at the backup SG position, and the SF position has tons of question marks. With our 20th pick I would take wing who has ball handling and very good shooting potential (LaVine or Stauskas). I would love to grab Caris LaVert, but don't think he is gonna declare this season.

Continue building around Lowry, Ross, Val, Amir and Pattman. Hopefully the pieces I propose of adding turn into the pieces that push us over the edge
                      Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Sat Apr 5, 2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Lol every armchair GMs favorite type of thread...so happy!

The majority of our team has good chem and I think there is a good base here that you keep together to grow the culture for the young kids you add. Lowry, Ross, Val, Amir and Pattman are my core.

1) Use Salmon's buyout on Draft Day - Salmons + pick #59 to OKC for Perkins + Perry Jones III +/- future second. OKC does it for cap relief, we buy out Perkins and take a flier on PJ3 whom I think is on a good developmental track and could be a good player within a couple of seasons, play him off the bench at SF.

2) Resign Lowry, resign Patterson, resign De Colo (1st year guaranteed, 2nd year team option), retain TH, let Vasquez walk

3) Trade DD for a pick high enough to select Noah Vonleh. I think the dude has potential to be a very good PF in this league on both side of the ball. He comes off the bench for a while. As the years go along he earns the starting PF and the Amir/Pattman combo off the bench is a solid, sustainable bench unit for years with Vonleh/JV hopefully turns into a great frontcourt

4) If there is a better coach available upgrade take it, I want to see an inside/out team, which Casey stifles

Lineup next season:

Lowry/De Colo/Stone
                        Ross/????
                        Fields/PJ3
                        Amir/Patterson/TH
                        JV/Vonleh/Hayes

We are weak at the backup SG position, and the SF position has tons of question marks. With our 20th pick I would take wing who has ball handling and very good shooting potential (LaVine or Stauskas). I would love to grab Caris LaVert, but don't think he is gonna declare this season.

Continue building around Lowry, Ross, Val, Amir and Pattman. Hopefully the pieces I propose of adding turn into the pieces that push us over the edge
                        Problem with this is that if Lowry goes down, we are screwed at pg.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Explain your rationale in trading DD for a pick to grab Vonleh.

Comment

Ideal lineup based on free agent available and possible draft pick positions:

pg: Lowry, Vasquez. Colo
                            Sg: Derozan, KJ McDaniels (rookie)
                            SF: Ross, Al Farouq Aminu
                            PF: Amir , Patterson, Hansborugh
                            C: Valanciunas , Okafor, Walter Tavares (rookie)
                            Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Apr 5, 2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Also I highly doubt Vince Carter will come here after many fans still harboring ill feelings just so they could goat him every time he has a bad game, not to mentioned he did say that he wants to resign with Dallas in the offseason:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tter-next-year

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Working...
                              X