JV and Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I was thinking in terms of some people suggesting an increase in size to handle the larger SFs he has to currently defend because he is out of position.
    One of best perimeter defenders was Bruce Bowen - 6'7" and 200lbs

Comment

They also tend to play better when the games are more important. You can tell that they like the challenge. That is huuuuuuuuge
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I really would like these guys relentless effort to be rewarded with winning a playoff series to get a taste of winning in the highest platform. Once you get a taste you want more.

Comment

i was definitely a huge critic of ross in his first year. super glad hes stepped up huge!!

Comment

Let's get this out of the way quickly:

Thanks Bryan

Ok, continue
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Let's get this out of the way quickly:

Thanks Bryan

Ok, continue

We never have to mention this again.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

JV and Ross have developed as I had hoped, with playing time and experience that was necessary to get acclimated to the NBA and the team's offensive & defensive systems.

Given that DeRozan and Ross are both natural SGs, with each passing game I see DeRozan slowly becoming expendable, thanks to Ross's new found confidence and consistent focus.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I just thought it was time for a thread on the two sophomores.

I don't know if anyone truly expected (hoped for maybe) that they would step up like they have. I will admit that I expected to see progression from JV (not what he showed tonight against Hibbert mind you) but really had almost given up on Ross after last year.

Both of them have shown tremendous growth this year. Particularly in their defensive presence. And Jv is again using the outside shot to broaden his offensive impact and Ross has brushed 50% with his 3 pt shot.

Overall I have to say an extremely pleasant surprise. And maybe JV is coming along a little faster than anticipated.
                  Have to agree.

I will admit I wrote off Ross early as well. Other than the 26-point game vs. the Blazers last year, I really saw nothing out of him coming into this season. His catch-and-shoot three has been lights out, and beating guys off the dribble with his silky ball handling is not out of the realm of possibility. Unlike DeMar, he's got quite the explosive first step; he'll be getting to the rim nearly at will next year.

As for Jonas, his play over the last couple of weeks has been outstanding.

Since March 14th: 14.8 points on 60% shooting and 86% free throws, 8.7 rebounds, and only 2.8 fouls in 32 minutes.

I love how confident he's become in his jumper. It gives his routine face-up pump fake some validity now.

This offseason will be key. Can't wait for what both bring to the table next year.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    ...Can't wait for what both bring to the table next year.

Booom!

Comment

The BALTIC BEAST is going to be a serious force in this league.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        JV and Ross have developed as I had hoped, with playing time and experience that was necessary to get acclimated to the NBA and the team's offensive & defensive systems.

Given that DeRozan and Ross are both natural SGs, with each passing game I see DeRozan slowly becoming expendable, thanks to Ross's new found confidence and consistent focus.
                        this has been mentioned before... like two months ago; nevertheless, glad more ppl are on board now.

Comment

They both have improved through out the season I have high hopes for jv n Ross was a big surprise didn't think he would be that good but they both still have a ways to go the future is bright
                          Rapsfan

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            The BALTIC BEAST is going to be a serious force in this league.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

JV and Ross will be able to carry this team through stretches next season. They both have come a long way, Casey and the coaching staff deserve some credit.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Here we go!

Toronto is closing in on its best season ever, have you noticed? derozan is a massive part of that, period. He is an allstar, and he is a good team player and leader. Ross has improved, yes. He's a good player, decent bomber and he can defend. I like him a lot.

But.

Ross is also not expected to do anything, he faces zero double teams, he is NEVER the focus of the oppositions planning, and he doesn't shoulder the responsibility of leadership, or of carrying the team. Ross isn't hounded by the media, his face isn't plastered to everything in Toronto, and he shows up to play about 3 of every 5 games.

As usual people shit on Derozan as if he is just some middle of the road Journeyman currently taking up space in Toronto. Nevermind what he does, how he does it, or what that means to the team. Nevermind the respect he gets everywhere BUT here, nevermind he is an allstar, and a league leader in minutes played and fouls drawn. Nevermind Demar Derozan....Terrence Ross has made him expendable.

Kinda like Lebron made Wade expendable in Miami...oh, wait......

Comment

Working...
                                X