Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Here we go!

Toronto is closing in on its best season ever, have you noticed? derozan is a massive part of that, period. He is an allstar, and he is a good team player and leader. Ross has improved, yes. He's a good player, decent bomber and he can defend. I like him a lot.

But.

Ross is also not expected to do anything, he faces zero double teams, he is NEVER the focus of the oppositions planning, and he doesn't shoulder the responsibility of leadership, or of carrying the team. Ross isn't hounded by the media, his face isn't plastered to everything in Toronto, and he shows up to play about 3 of every 5 games.

As usual people shit on Derozan as if he is just some middle of the road Journeyman currently taking up space in Toronto. Nevermind what he does, how he does it, or what that means to the team. Nevermind the respect he gets everywhere BUT here, nevermind he is an allstar, and a league leader in minutes played and fouls drawn. Nevermind Demar Derozan....Terrence Ross has made him expendable.

Kinda like Lebron made Wade expendable in Miami...oh, wait......

I've been saying this for ages. Let's see how Ross does with the double teams if DeRozan gets traded.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      JV and Ross will be able to carry this team through stretches next season. They both have come a long way, Casey and the coaching staff deserve some credit.
      They carried us through the Pacers game
      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

They are both doing very well.

There is no denying that.

just don't think we need to start jettisoning NBA allstars just yet.

Comment

^^^^This
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Here we go!

Toronto is closing in on its best season ever, have you noticed? derozan is a massive part of that, period. He is an allstar, and he is a good team player and leader. Ross has improved, yes. He's a good player, decent bomber and he can defend. I like him a lot.

But.

Ross is also not expected to do anything, he faces zero double teams, he is NEVER the focus of the oppositions planning, and he doesn't shoulder the responsibility of leadership, or of carrying the team. Ross isn't hounded by the media, his face isn't plastered to everything in Toronto, and he shows up to play about 3 of every 5 games.

As usual people shit on Derozan as if he is just some middle of the road Journeyman currently taking up space in Toronto. Nevermind what he does, how he does it, or what that means to the team. Nevermind the respect he gets everywhere BUT here, nevermind he is an allstar, and a league leader in minutes played and fouls drawn. Nevermind Demar Derozan....Terrence Ross has made him expendable.

Kinda like Lebron made Wade expendable in Miami...oh, wait......
            What do you think we are looking to get back in a deal for DD, some nobody? If a comparable 3 is on the market, I'd want the Raps to consider dealing DD. With DD as the main guy, TO will likely never sniff a finals game, much less a championship. DD has been very very good this year and he along with Lowry are the reasons we are where we are but in the playoffs, his poor D and jumper friendly O will likely be one of the main reasons we lose in the second round, if we make it that far at all.

Comment

JV can become one hell of a player. I think he can become as good of a player than DeMar. If we have an all star center, an all star shooting guard, borderline all star at PG and SF and a really good bunch of role players (Johnson, Vasquez, Patterson, De Colo, Fields, Hansbrough, Novak, Hayes, a backup C, rookies), I don't see any limit for this team to go to.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                What do you think we are looking to get back in a deal for DD, some nobody? If a comparable 3 is on the market, I'd want the Raps to consider dealing DD. With DD as the main guy, TO will likely never sniff a finals game, much less a championship. DD has been very very good this year and he along with Lowry are the reasons we are where we are but in the playoffs, his poor D and jumper friendly O will likely be one of the main reasons we lose in the second round, if we make it that far at all.
                Who is this comparable 3. I can't think of anyone but rudy gay so yea a...
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I don't understand the obsession on trading DD. And it's not like there were many good options out there anyway.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Nicolas Batum? Kawhi Leonard?

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      LOOOL, Ross and Rudy might actually work, though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                        I've been saying this for ages. Let's see how Ross does with the double teams if DeRozan gets traded.
                        Yes because DD is drawing so many double teams..... *sarcasm*

Posts generally draw doubles, guards do not, Ross will be able to handle the increased load IMO.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          LOOOL, Ross and Rudy might actually work, though.

But Rudy has a lot of the same negatives that DD has so it makes no sense.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Ross and Rudy... C'mon guys!!! Why the f*ck not Ross and DD???????

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Ross and Rudy... C'mon guys!!! Why the f*ck not Ross and DD???????
                              Because people here hate DD. Plain and Simple. You can see how badly they want him gone. For what reason? Who knows.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Yes because DD is drawing so many double teams..... *sarcasm*

Posts generally draw doubles, guards do not, Ross will be able to handle the increased load IMO.
                                No he won't, not now

Comment

Working...
                                X