Joel Anthony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Anthony?

Canadian center and 2xNBA champion Joel Anthony doesn't know if he will exercise his player contract option this summer.

Would he be a viable option in the free agency? Would certainly not cost much, and he's a good defensive player. Plus he's Canadian. And he'd not ask for a lot of minutes.

Is he a C, because he would be decent backup there, but he might be Hayes 2.0
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

But Casey would give him big minutes cause he's a vet with championship experience. So I would rather go after j hill or maybe a rookie.

But Anthony is a former 2 time champion soo I guess it could be okay
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        Is he a C, because he would be decent backup there, but he might be Hayes 2.0
        He's 3 inches taller than Hayes

Comment

He's a really good team defender, contests shots, defends the p&r well, but on offense he has bricks for hands, isnt the best rebounder, still i like him better than hayes, wouldn't be too mad, but we could do better

Comment

Canadian bonus?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
              He's a really good team defender, contests shots, defends the p&r well, but on offense he has bricks for hands, isnt the best rebounder, still i like him better than hayes, wouldn't be too mad, but we could do better
              I'm just not sure we could do better. Emeka? Kaman? Hill? Not even sure any of those fills our needs and fits in the team more than Joel.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Anthony
              Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
              Ross/Fields/Novak
              DeRozan/De Colo/Rookie
              Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

With the SG rookie being more of a G/F player than a combo guard, so he can complement Fields as the backup SF.

I personnally would not go after big name players this summer, not even big name backup players. This team can easily be better than this year's team without even adding that much new talent. I'd wait until summer 2015 to see where we're at.

Comment

Why would he not exercise his option? He'll be 32 next year and is no longer a rotation player. Giving up almost 3 million in the hopes of getting a few more minutes? Plus Hayes is better and we're stuck with him for another year.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I'd personally prefer Toronto going after a big with their draft pick, someone like Montrezl Harrell, and let him and Amir and Hayes fill out the backup center minutes.

Comment

If the goal is getting a Joel Anthony type, then I get to thinking patric young is a good option there. Especially if he falls to our last pick.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd rather Hayes than Anthony. And I wouldn't want Okafor or Kaman. Jordan Hill is the backup C we should go after IMO.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        If the goal is getting a Joel Anthony type, then I get to thinking patric young is a good option there. Especially if he falls to our last pick.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        LOL. Do you remember this...?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...tery-pick-quot

Comment

I'd much rather have Hayes than Anthony, he just seems like he has better basketball intelligence.

Who I'd really want is Okafor though, he helped the Wizards be a top 10 defence last year (I think) without Wall for half the season, he'd be a great defensive back up C I think.

Comment

I really want Okafor as well, with Alex here we can do a serious sales pitch on having some of the best trainers in the world to help him resurrect his career.

Also EO is a defensive beast that will only help JV, especially with his ability to time and block shots (where Hayes stuggles)

*Nobody cares about Joel Anthony because he doesn't improve the team on or off the court

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Yup. But Young reminds me a lot of an Anthony-type big. A very athletic guy with lots of strength. Quite limited but plays within his limits. And Young seems to be strong enough defensively to have value as a depth big (4th at best) who can backup both spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X