DeMar DeRozan: The new Jrue Holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Stop hating on DD. The man is here to stay for a long time and loves this city.
    It's not hating. I thought they were a couple minutes ago but I gained a realization that a trade could work out for both parties. Every single game, it looks like T-Ross is taking that starting SG spot more and more from him. If they decide they want Ross in that spot, I don't want them putting DD on the bench. Best move is for him to be traded to a team where his spot isn't threatened and a team that wants him to start and be apart of their future.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      People need to stop with this line of thinking....Especially with Wiggins (Wouldn't do it for Parker myself).

No team is going to trade one of the top 2-3 picks in this draft if it means passing on Wiggins. No GM even close to being in their right mind would think that Wiggins doesn't have a very good chance at being a much much better player than DeMar.

The ceiling for what pick the Raps could get with someone like DeMar probably is in the most idealistic scenarios 4th or 5th pick (I'd argue probably 5th). And that's still probably extremely unlikely....probably 6-10 range would have to be what you settle for at best.
      If that's being the case, I wouldn't trade DeMar for a 2014 draft pick. I'd only trade him for a top 3 pick.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
        It's not hating. I thought they were a couple minutes ago but I gained a realization that a trade could work out for both parties. Every single game, it looks like T-Ross is taking that starting SG spot more and more from him. If they decide they want Ross in that spot, I don't want them putting DD on the bench. Best move is for him to be traded to a team where his spot isn't threatened and a team that wants him to start and be apart of their future.
        I once thought DD would thrive as a 6th man. Not anymore.

He deserves to be a starter and he is a very good player - I'm just not a fan of his game.

I can't emphasize enough you don't trade DD unless you get a Holiday-like return or better.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I once thought DD would thrive as a 6th man. Not anymore.

He deserves to be a starter and he is a very good player - I'm just not a fan of his game.

I can't emphasize enough you don't trade DD unless you get a Holiday-like return or better.

So, what's your ideal realistic trade?

Comment

DD is one of the team's most valuable assets now.. so I think a prospect and a lottery pick would make it an ideal trade for both teams. Two picks would be tough especially since DD makes $9M, so the other team would have to give back a player and probably one with a bad contract.

You also need to target a team that would prefer veteran help than another draft pick. Cleveland and Detroit immediately come to mind. Detroit for example would be an interesting partner. Right now their pick is at #8 and if they throw in Jerebko and KCP that would be nice.. Detroit would be awful though and if Dumars does step down I just don't see that trade happening.

Cleveland is even more desperate especially with Irving on the brink of a max contract. Wonder if they would give up TT/AB/#9 for DD? Is that too rich? Could end up being three Canadians (including Ennis) for DD. I think the general fan base would be fine with that trade and may be enough to help them keep Deng and make Irving happy. I'd even take Waiters and AB with the #9 pick, but nothing else on the roster would be worth a DD trade.

Personally I think DD could get you a perennial all-star in the form of Rondo, Love, Horford, etc - and I think I'd prefer that over a set of draft picks - especially if Casey is coming back.

Comment

Cleveland could be good. Waiters + picks + something for DD. Washington Beals + picks. If you trade inside the Conference

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the trade has to be where Toronto loses DD but the other team basically gives up everything like Jrue to the Pels not an even trade whatsoever

Comment

I ALWAYS thought this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    DD is one of the team's most valuable assets now.. so I think a prospect and a lottery pick would make it an ideal trade for both teams. Two picks would be tough especially since DD makes $9M, so the other team would have to give back a player and probably one with a bad contract.

You also need to target a team that would prefer veteran help than another draft pick. Cleveland and Detroit immediately come to mind. Detroit for example would be an interesting partner. Right now their pick is at #8 and if they throw in Jerebko and KCP that would be nice.. Detroit would be awful though and if Dumars does step down I just don't see that trade happening.

Cleveland is even more desperate especially with Irving on the brink of a max contract. Wonder if they would give up TT/AB/#9 for DD? Is that too rich? Could end up being three Canadians (including Ennis) for DD. I think the general fan base would be fine with that trade and may be enough to help them keep Deng and make Irving happy. I'd even take Waiters and AB with the #9 pick, but nothing else on the roster would be worth a DD trade.

Personally I think DD could get you a perennial all-star in the form of Rondo, Love, Horford, etc - and I think I'd prefer that over a set of draft picks - especially if Casey is coming back.
                    I like where you're going with the Cleveland trade. Waiters and AB + the pick for DD would be good. But I wouldn't want Waiters on this team, I'd rather him be shipped off after the deal or we could make this trade a three team trade. I know he wouldn't want to play behind Ross. He's a great guy but he's not a need on the team because with his skill set, he'll want to start.

Comment

How about a Philly Trade. Thad Young, Wroten+pick for DD?

Comment

Philly traded Holiday for 2 picks and has been tanking hard all season. They're not giving up that pick.

Comment

Flip Waiters to Another team for youth and a pick. AB + Percy Jones + 2 first round lottery picks.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Cleveland could be good. Waiters + picks + something for DD. Washington Beals + picks. If you trade inside the Conference
                            Waiters trade yes (I really like Waiters as a 6th man). Beal no, we have Ross, don't need Beal.

Only if Young is able to play the SF spot...he has played PF for most of his career. Otherwise solid

Comment

Young prefers SF so does Barnes but they don't have PF.

Comment

Young + Wroten is too even Young + Wroten + 2014 first and a protected 2015 and they take some bad contracts like Fields and Noivak

Comment

Working...
                                X