Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 243

Thread: DeMar DeRozan: The new Jrue Holiday?

  1. #181
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Calgary Raps Fan and Tim Leiweke?

    OR

    Special1?


    I'm going CRF and Timmy.

    Go check the George Strombo thread with the full Leiweke interview. Go to 5:40. This is Lowry's team.
    LOL.....trust me there are a lot more people who think Lowry's the man. Not sure if they were thinking it last year. MEH My opinion......Tim's opinion. I hope Kyle resigns.....I wonder what MU will do. You should probably go with MU

  2. #182
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    LOL.....trust me there are a lot more people who think Lowry's the man. Not sure if they were thinking it last year. MEH My opinion......Tim's opinion. I hope Kyle resigns.....I wonder what MU will do. You should probably go with MU
    Good re-direct.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  3. #183
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Why stop at Derozan? Why not let Lowry walk, move Amir, let Patterson and Vasquez walk. They'll have tonnes of financial flexibility. They may even be able to get some second round picks in sign and trades. Think of the cheap short term contracts!!! Players? Who needs players? We got the best WS/$ ratio in the NBA!!!!! In fact, the Raptors should trade all their players for draft picks. Think of the value!
    Why stop at DeRozan?

    Because the Raptors already have an inexpensive SG with high potential waiting in the wings who could easily be kept for another 6 seasons while DeRozan could return assets that address areas of need.


    Why not let Lowry walk?

    Because you don't let assets walk for nothing if you can help it. In this case the Raptors might not be able to.


    Move Amir?

    Maybe. He is unrestricted next year. He has a lot of wear on him. Like Patterson and Hansbrough, he is a really good player but I think he is a role player. He puts up great lines but he is inconsistent. So if you're going to resign PP and pick up T's option, why not consider moving Amir.


    Let Patterson and Vasquez walk?

    Again, assets. Plus Vasquez is going to bring KD.


    After that I think you're just being facetious.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  4. #184
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tortacular wrote: View Post
    DeRozan has improved every season in the league. Throw him overboard for some lottery tickets?

    First, you are not going to get a high pick in this draft and another player for him. That only happened with Holiday because last year's draft class was perceived to be so weak. Nobody with a high pick is going to give it to you for DeRozan. That's a pipe dream. We don't even know what Noel can do at the next level yet and people are calling it a win for the 76ers. It's a POTENTIAL win for them. But we have no idea yet. And the Raptors have zero shot at getting the same level of return. Point guards are more important than shooting guards. And this draft is perceived as very strong while last year was perceived as very weak.

    Second, who's going to fill DeRozan's role on the Raptors? Do the Raptors have another guy who can carry the scoring load that I'm unaware of? Ross is a nice player, but he's not shown he can be more than a complimentary guy yet. DeRozan gets to the line at such a prodigious rate. Why gut a good team to "hope" that you can get lucky with whatever young players you bring back? You're not going to get a shot at a game-changing talent in return. And in the process you will have traded away a young and gifted player who actually LIKES playing in Toronto and is paid a very reasonable salary.

    These guys like playing together, and they play well together. You don't dump a core piece of that for "prospects" unless you're just going to tank (like say... Philly did). And there's no reason to do that. Miami is going to decline at some point in the next 2-3 years. Indiana is not a juggernaut. What's the downside of trying to build on what they have now?
    I think it goes without saying none of us know anything. There are no absolutes in this discussion.

    Bold 1: If last year's draft was so weak, couldn't it be possible that a much better player is available at 9 this year than 6 last year?

    Bold 2: Why do the Raptors have zero shot? I thought and still think DD has a lot of value. PGs are pretty important but the league has never been so deep at PG. SG on the otherhand has never been so weak. A team set at PG and weak at SG might have a different view.

    Bold 3: 18 shots per game to spread around. There is also the fact of the unknown additions this summer.

    Bold 4: I don't think this team would be gutted by trading DD. Let Lowry walk, trade DD, trade Amir, don't bring back PP and Vasquez, don't pick up Hansbrough option - that is gutting.

    Bold 5: You mean no other team is going to improve?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  5. #185
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I posted this in the draft thread.....But I'll post the basic info again

    Picks 14-19 are all owned by teams with multiple picks and may be available without a signficant move (ie just a simple swap with our pick, or possibly with added minor sweetener).

    And Philly has NOP's #10 pick, which who knows if it may be up for grabs, and definitely should not cost a DeMar level player.

    I think it makes more sense now to target one of these than to try and get into the top of 6-7 of the lottery. May not be too costly.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 7th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

  6. #186
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Derozan to Phoenix assuming Suns miss playoffs:

    Return:
    14th pick 2014
    Miles Plumlee
    2015 Lakers pick


    I'm tempted to add Washington's 2014 pick in but I feel that might be too much..... Lol Or not enough!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  7. Like jacobdr4 liked this post
  8. #187
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Derozan to Phoenix assuming Suns miss playoffs:

    Return:
    14th pick 2014
    Miles Plumlee
    2015 Lakers pick


    I'm tempted to add Washington's 2014 pick in but I feel that might be too much..... Lol Or not enough!
    So basically you want to trade an all-star for a backup C and a 2014 mid 1st round draft pick??? come on man. You're clearly underrating DeRozan and overvaluing this year's draft.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  9. #188
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    9,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    So basically you want to trade an all-star for a backup C and a 2014 mid 1st round draft pick??? come on man. You're clearly underrating DeRozan and overvaluing this year's draft.
    DeMar DeRozan for a bag of peanuts
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

  10. #189
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    So basically you want to trade an all-star for a backup C and a 2014 mid 1st round draft pick??? come on man. You're clearly underrating DeRozan and overvaluing this year's draft.
    It is also betting the lakers are an absolute shit show on the Jim Buss watch and the Lakers 2015 pick is a high lottery.... But not top3 because that would be bad.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #190
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is also betting the lakers are an absolute shit show on the Jim Buss watch and the Lakers 2015 pick is a high lottery.... But not top3 because that would be bad.
    I think the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I expect them to sign a big name FA this summer. Kobe should be 100% healthy and don't forget they'll have a high draft pick this year.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  12. #191
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I think the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I expect them to sign a big name FA this summer. Kobe should be 100% healthy and don't forget they'll have a high draft pick this year.
    You very well could be right.

    However what big free agent? Melo? Deng? Gay? Monroe?

    Few rooks come in and make a difference.

    Kobe's body is not a horse I'd want to put money on.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  13. #192
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I think the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I expect them to sign a big name FA this summer. Kobe should be 100% healthy and don't forget they'll have a high draft pick this year.
    I agree with this. The Lakers have always done everything in their power to satisfy Kobe. Kobe has made it explicitly clear that he does not want to rebuild next year, and he has challenged the Lakers management to fix the team(players AND staff) such that they resort back to their glorified ways.

    Its not hard to see Kobe putting on his best salesman impression this summer in order to convince some of the big name FA's to form a dynasty in LA Lakerland. Combined with the solid players they do have(Meeks, K Marshall, Gasol[who might be traded],etc.), they also will be getting a high pick in this year's draft.

    Don't sleep on the Lakers.
    ďYou can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  14. #193
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think Phoenix needs another guard.

  15. #194
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You very well could be right.

    However what big free agent? Melo? Deng? Gay? Monroe?

    Few rooks come in and make a difference.

    Kobe's body is not a horse I'd want to put money on.
    I wouldn't bet against Kobe if i were you He was averaging 27ppg last year.

    As for free agents, they're rumoured to be interested in Deng. Melo, if he opts out could end up in LA. You never know.

    I also have this weird feeling that the Lakers are going to win the lottery and draft Wiggins.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  16. #195
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Heck.

    A Lakers opening day lineup of:

    Exum, Bryant, Deng, Monroe, and Gasol isn't too shabby. They won't be great on defence, thats for sure. But thats still solid.
    ďYou can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  17. #196
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Heck.

    A Lakers opening day lineup of:

    Exum, Bryant, Deng, Monroe, and Gasol isn't too shabby. They won't be great on defence, thats for sure. But thats still solid.
    That would be nice but it would take some 20 mil cap space more than what they have.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 12th, 2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

  18. #197
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I don't think Phoenix needs another guard.
    Yep. Unless they decided they didn't want to pay Bledsoe.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 12th, 2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

  19. #198
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    I think DD will get traded in the summer for whoever picks A.Wiggins, might get traded to the 76ers for A.Wiggins + late Pick! Then we roll with

    Lowry/Vazquez/DeColo
    Ross/V.Carter (Signed)/
    Wiggins/Fields/Novak
    FA/2Pat/Hansborough
    Val/Backup C/Hayes

    Amir will get traded to + fillers

    In a few years, we should be a championship team build with an experienced Wiggins, a good defender post up of a PF, Valanciunas.

    I swear i was reading a heated argument between Special1 CRF and Matt ... then i saw YOUR post!!.. hahahaha way to go bro... you calm these guys down pretty good

  20. #199
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think it goes without saying none of us know anything. There are no absolutes in this discussion.

    Bold 1: If last year's draft was so weak, couldn't it be possible that a much better player is available at 9 this year than 6 last year?

    Bold 2: Why do the Raptors have zero shot? I thought and still think DD has a lot of value. PGs are pretty important but the league has never been so deep at PG. SG on the otherhand has never been so weak. A team set at PG and weak at SG might have a different view.

    Bold 3: 18 shots per game to spread around. There is also the fact of the unknown additions this summer.

    Bold 4: I don't think this team would be gutted by trading DD. Let Lowry walk, trade DD, trade Amir, don't bring back PP and Vasquez, don't pick up Hansbrough option - that is gutting.

    Bold 5: You mean no other team is going to improve?
    veryy interesting point... im particularly concerned abt the Charlotte Hornets next year.. they have cap space and Lotto picks this year to play around.. and are already a play-off thread...at least per kenny which I agree with

    They can be much much better next year.. My Opinion that is.

  21. #200
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    veryy interesting point... im particularly concerned abt the Charlotte Hornets next year.. they have cap space and Lotto picks this year to play around.. and are already a play-off thread...at least per kenny which I agree with

    They can be much much better next year.. My Opinion that is.
    Charlotte has some cap space...

    But they have no lotto picks. They traded their pick. They are owed picks from Portland and Detroit. Portland's they should get, and it will be in the 20s. Detroit's is top 8 protected, and they sit as the 8th worst record, so that's probably staying in Detroit. Their own pick goes to Chicago.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •