Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 243

Thread: DeMar DeRozan: The new Jrue Holiday?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you think Chicago could want him? I mean, I don't see them getting Carmelo in the offseason and Jimmy Butler plays better at the SF. They've always been wanting that guy who could score 20 alongside Rose and Butler won't be that guy. They'd be pretty dangerous though. Rose, DD, Butler, Gibson (I expect Boozer to be amnestied), Noah.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Somebody suggested DD to Minny. DD to GSW for Barnes +2015 Picks was floated at the trade deadline.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stop hating on DD. The man is here to stay for a long time and loves this city.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Somebody suggested DD to Minny. DD to GSW for Barnes +2015 Picks was floated at the trade deadline.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Not enough.

    Amir for Barnes I would consider though - especially if other moves were made that brought in a guy like Noah at PF.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know if trading in the Conference is a good idea you strengthen Chicago. The idea is the most lopsided win now trade Toronto could pull using DD like Holiday to the Pels

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Stop hating on DD. The man is here to stay for a long time and loves this city.
    It's not hating. I thought they were a couple minutes ago but I gained a realization that a trade could work out for both parties. Every single game, it looks like T-Ross is taking that starting SG spot more and more from him. If they decide they want Ross in that spot, I don't want them putting DD on the bench. Best move is for him to be traded to a team where his spot isn't threatened and a team that wants him to start and be apart of their future.

  7. Like CalgaryRapsFan, OldSkoolCool, mcHAPPY liked this post
  8. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    People need to stop with this line of thinking....Especially with Wiggins (Wouldn't do it for Parker myself).

    No team is going to trade one of the top 2-3 picks in this draft if it means passing on Wiggins. No GM even close to being in their right mind would think that Wiggins doesn't have a very good chance at being a much much better player than DeMar.

    The ceiling for what pick the Raps could get with someone like DeMar probably is in the most idealistic scenarios 4th or 5th pick (I'd argue probably 5th). And that's still probably extremely unlikely....probably 6-10 range would have to be what you settle for at best.
    If that's being the case, I wouldn't trade DeMar for a 2014 draft pick. I'd only trade him for a top 3 pick.

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    It's not hating. I thought they were a couple minutes ago but I gained a realization that a trade could work out for both parties. Every single game, it looks like T-Ross is taking that starting SG spot more and more from him. If they decide they want Ross in that spot, I don't want them putting DD on the bench. Best move is for him to be traded to a team where his spot isn't threatened and a team that wants him to start and be apart of their future.
    I once thought DD would thrive as a 6th man. Not anymore.

    He deserves to be a starter and he is a very good player - I'm just not a fan of his game.

    I can't emphasize enough you don't trade DD unless you get a Holiday-like return or better.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  10. #49
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I once thought DD would thrive as a 6th man. Not anymore.

    He deserves to be a starter and he is a very good player - I'm just not a fan of his game.

    I can't emphasize enough you don't trade DD unless you get a Holiday-like return or better.

    So, what's your ideal realistic trade?

  11. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD is one of the team's most valuable assets now.. so I think a prospect and a lottery pick would make it an ideal trade for both teams. Two picks would be tough especially since DD makes $9M, so the other team would have to give back a player and probably one with a bad contract.

    You also need to target a team that would prefer veteran help than another draft pick. Cleveland and Detroit immediately come to mind. Detroit for example would be an interesting partner. Right now their pick is at #8 and if they throw in Jerebko and KCP that would be nice.. Detroit would be awful though and if Dumars does step down I just don't see that trade happening.

    Cleveland is even more desperate especially with Irving on the brink of a max contract. Wonder if they would give up TT/AB/#9 for DD? Is that too rich? Could end up being three Canadians (including Ennis) for DD. I think the general fan base would be fine with that trade and may be enough to help them keep Deng and make Irving happy. I'd even take Waiters and AB with the #9 pick, but nothing else on the roster would be worth a DD trade.

    Personally I think DD could get you a perennial all-star in the form of Rondo, Love, Horford, etc - and I think I'd prefer that over a set of draft picks - especially if Casey is coming back.

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cleveland could be good. Waiters + picks + something for DD. Washington Beals + picks. If you trade inside the Conference

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the trade has to be where Toronto loses DD but the other team basically gives up everything like Jrue to the Pels not an even trade whatsoever

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I ALWAYS thought this.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  15. Like Burnit482 liked this post
  16. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    DD is one of the team's most valuable assets now.. so I think a prospect and a lottery pick would make it an ideal trade for both teams. Two picks would be tough especially since DD makes $9M, so the other team would have to give back a player and probably one with a bad contract.

    You also need to target a team that would prefer veteran help than another draft pick. Cleveland and Detroit immediately come to mind. Detroit for example would be an interesting partner. Right now their pick is at #8 and if they throw in Jerebko and KCP that would be nice.. Detroit would be awful though and if Dumars does step down I just don't see that trade happening.

    Cleveland is even more desperate especially with Irving on the brink of a max contract. Wonder if they would give up TT/AB/#9 for DD? Is that too rich? Could end up being three Canadians (including Ennis) for DD. I think the general fan base would be fine with that trade and may be enough to help them keep Deng and make Irving happy. I'd even take Waiters and AB with the #9 pick, but nothing else on the roster would be worth a DD trade.

    Personally I think DD could get you a perennial all-star in the form of Rondo, Love, Horford, etc - and I think I'd prefer that over a set of draft picks - especially if Casey is coming back.
    I like where you're going with the Cleveland trade. Waiters and AB + the pick for DD would be good. But I wouldn't want Waiters on this team, I'd rather him be shipped off after the deal or we could make this trade a three team trade. I know he wouldn't want to play behind Ross. He's a great guy but he's not a need on the team because with his skill set, he'll want to start.

  17. #55
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about a Philly Trade. Thad Young, Wroten+pick for DD?

  18. #56
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    How about a Philly Trade. Thad Young, Wroten+pick for DD?
    Philly traded Holiday for 2 picks and has been tanking hard all season. They're not giving up that pick.

  19. Like Fully, mcHAPPY liked this post
  20. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Flip Waiters to Another team for youth and a pick. AB + Percy Jones + 2 first round lottery picks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  21. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Cleveland could be good. Waiters + picks + something for DD. Washington Beals + picks. If you trade inside the Conference
    Waiters trade yes (I really like Waiters as a 6th man). Beal no, we have Ross, don't need Beal.

    Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    How about a Philly Trade. Thad Young, Wroten+pick for DD?
    Only if Young is able to play the SF spot...he has played PF for most of his career. Otherwise solid

  22. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Young prefers SF so does Barnes but they don't have PF.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  23. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Young + Wroten is too even Young + Wroten + 2014 first and a protected 2015 and they take some bad contracts like Fields and Noivak

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •