Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    So, what's your ideal realistic trade?
    When I get time I'll put some thought in to it and get back to you.

Not the type of question that deserves off the cuff response.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      Stop hating on DD. The man is here to stay for a long time and loves this city.
      Oh come on man. This is how threads devolve into an acrimonious brouhaha.

This was a thread started in the interest of improving the team. sustaining what was developed this season and achieving the goal of reaching at least the conf. finals and on from there. Just keeping up with other improving teams in the east is going to be difficult.

It wasnt personal. DD has good value and the subject is up for discussion. A simple "NO" would have sufficed I think, no?

Comment

I think there is a very real chance DD is moved but I think a lot of it depends on his performance in the playoffs. I think that goes for everyone on this team. Building a contender means that you have to perform under pressure. No one on this team has consistent playoff experience of any significance.

DD can prove he deserves to be an All Star with a strong showing in the playoffs. If e does that I think it becomes more difficult to move him, and if u did the haul would increase significantly. If he fades away I think you have to look at moving him and market him based on regular season performance.

I'd have a hard time watching DD get traded and I think he means a lot to the organization and the city but at the end of the day it's about championships. If DD isn't a player that you see as a major contributor on a play off team you move him for pieces.

Shit I really don't want to see him go, DD you better not melt in the playoffs....
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

All I hope is that in the hypothetical situation that DD gets traded, the guys we bring in possess the same character, grit, and work ethic that Derozan has. He is a true leader, and I believe that him and Lowry form one of the deadliest backcourts in the NBA simply because they both know how to lead, yet their respective styles of leadership combine to form a contagious, fiery, unselfish attitude which has made this years Raptors team such a pleasure to watch.

It would be great to bring in a legitimate SF in the draft, and obviously allow for T Ross to move to his natural SG position. I just would hope that the Raptors retain this incredible vibe should Derozan be traded.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Some possibilities:

To Lakers for 2014 1st and Sacre.

To Sacramento for 2014 1st and McLemore.

To Detroit for 2014 1st and KCP.

To Cleveland for 2014 1st and Anthony Bennett.

Tried to be realistic in getting back a 2014 1st in the 5-10 range along with a prospect on a rookie deal. I really like Demar but I honestly wouldn't be upset with a deal like the ones above. The reason being is if we resign Lowry and add two 1st round draft picks, we won't necessarily take a step back. Ross becomes the starting SG, and we use the picks/prospects/FA to fill in the gaps, we're still a solid playoff team in the East, but with much more financial flexibility and hopefully better fits long term contender wise.

Comment

Don't trade dd, dude should finish his career as a raptors even though most posters have hated him since his rookie season. I don't know if this will work but I want dd to be the first raptor to play his whole career with them.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Some possibilities:

Tried to be realistic in getting back a 2014 1st in the 5-10 range along with a prospect on a rookie deal. I really like Demar but I honestly wouldn't be upset with a deal like the ones above. The reason being is if we resign Lowry and add two 1st round draft picks, we won't necessarily take a step back. Ross becomes the starting SG, and we use the picks/prospects/FA to fill in the gaps, we're still a solid playoff team in the East, but with much more financial flexibility and hopefully better fits long term contender wise.
                If you do any of those trades, we lose a reliable player, when we need a point we send it to demar from a pin down or something, if he's gone we don't have anybody other than lowry to do that until someone else developes

So in a vacuum, we would be taking a step back and maybe 2 forward 3 years from now when ross can be that guy
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I think the trade has to be so good for Toronto you wouldn't hesitate.76ers ended up with Noel and could end up with Wiggins and Vonleh after this draft.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Don't trade dd, dude should finish his career as a raptors even though most posters have hated him since his rookie season. I don't know if this will work but I want dd to be the first raptor to play his whole career with them.

I too wish this could be the case. I think he is still growing as a player, and I am sure that he can still become a better defender and 3 point shooter. He already is growing. He's hit 60 treys this season on 30% shooting, whilst averaging around 1.1 steals per game. His assists and rebounding have gone up alongside his PPG. His Turnovers and FG% are down, but...

When Durant comes here, we will know what to expect from Derozan. He can definitely average 16-18 ppg on 45+% shooting alongside KD. As a sophomore, Demar averaged 17.2 on around 47% shooting. Keep this in mind: AB was our first option then, and Demar had NO three point range or defense.

What's to say he can't remain in Toronto as a first class Robin to whatever Batman Masaii brings in?
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      We're discussing trades, not bashing his game. There's no "hate". Good lord.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Some possibilities:

I would go for this: Lakers 2014+Jordan Hill

At least we would also then get a legitimate backup PF/C.

We could also package Hansbrough and De Colo possibly for a late first rounder. Im not sure there would be a team that would accept that, though.

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          I would go for this: Lakers 2014+Jordan Hill

At least we would also then get a legitimate backup PF/C.

We could also package Hansbrough and De Colo possibly for a late first rounder. Im not sure there would be a team that would accept that, though.
                          Hill is a UFA and therefore not really an LA asset. We could just offer Hill a contract if we want him. Sacre is their only prospect under contract next year, he fits a need at backup C with size, and he is Canadian to boot. He only costs $900K per for 2 more seasons so he's great value.
                          Last edited by Primer; Sun Apr 6, 2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Some possibilities:

Not big on any of these deals. Would like to get more return for DeMar. The Sacto one is the only one that has any appeal, and I'm still not sure I'd do it.

The thing is, 2014 picks are far too costly. I think you could probably get 2 1st rounders for DeMar value-wise, just not if one of them is a 2014 lottery pick.

Comment

Hill is a UFA and therefore not really an LA asset. We could just offer Hill a contract if we want him. Sacre is their only prospect under contract next year, he fits a need at backup C with size, and he is Canadian to boot. He only costs $900K per for 2 more seasons so he's great value.
                              Ah, I forgot about that.

In that case, Sacre seems like a good pickup as a reserve. I also think that Kent Bazemore has shown a lot of promise. He could make a solid reserve PG/SG as well.

Comment

Sacre is nothing special. The deal is essentially DeMar for a 1st rounder. Adding Sacre doesn't make any kind of real difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X