Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    FYI

The poster who started this thread has made it very clear that he DOES hate Demar's game. Actually, he mentioned it in this very thread. So i'm not sure why you're surprised some people might see this thread for what it really is..... do you really think this is the first trade Demar thread/discussion Matt52 has come up with? Maybe you haven't been around very long....
    He's also said in this thread how good he thinks DeMar has become, and how even hating his game, value for a trade would have to be off the charts.

Sometimes someone just doesn't like a guy's game. Carmelo Anthony is one of the best scorers (maybe the best) of the past decade, and I can't stand his game at all. Howard has been the best C in the game for pretty much the same span, and I detest his game.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      He's also said in this thread how good he thinks DeMar has become, and how even hating his game, value for a trade would have to be off the charts.

Sometimes someone just doesn't like a guy's game. Carmelo Anthony is one of the best scorers (maybe the best) of the past decade, and I can't stand his game at all. Howard has been the best C in the game for pretty much the same span, and I detest his game.
      Are you sure you don't just detest Howard?
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Hate generally refers to unjustified criticism/dislike.

I generally see a lot of justification in these types of threads.

It might be misguided, but these types of discussions aren't driven by 'haters'.
        I certainly don't think most of the discussion are driven by "haters"....I actually think most really like Demar. There are a few posters who generally seem to hate on Demar but that doesn't mean they don't respect him. Honestly, i do believe that earlier in the season and even last year there were a lot of unjustified criticism/dislike.....but i guess when you become an all-star people usually get their minds right.

Comment

Are you sure you don't just detest Howard?
          Hahaha

Maybe I do. Pretty indifferent actually I think. But I'm sure I detest his game.

Comment

I come up with trade scenarios and I don't hate DeMar or his game (except his still inconsistent and too often complacent attitude on D for my tastes). It's just for fun.

Just wait for when the season actually ends and people need to kill time between that and the draft/free agency. Sure we'll see a lot more crazy crap.
            I can't honestly remember you "hating" on demar. Yes, you've been frustrated with some parts of his game, just like the rest of us. You don't seem to have this hidden agenda and you truly are interested in the discussion....which is totally cool and people should respect that. At least, i know i do.

Comment

• What are the odds Masai actually DOES trade DD this offseason? 5%?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I can't honestly remember you "hating" on demar. Yes, you've been frustrated with some parts of his game, just like the rest of us. You don't seem to have this hidden agenda and you truly are interested in the discussion....which is totally cool and people should respect that. At least, i know i do.
                I'm sorry. Pretty lols about the hidden agenda comment.

What hidden agenda could anyone possibly pursue on this forum? To convince a small subset of Raptors fans that Demar is worse than he seems?

That's a pretty small scale conspiracy...
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'd happily discuss it about any player.

But CRF had a post up earlier that pretty much helps explain that DeMar is really the only guy on the team right now who's fodder for this type of discussion. JV and Ross are too cheap on their rookie deal to get a good deal on their own (and it's pretty hard to speculate on super-big deals that involve multiple players going both ways). Lowry is a FA. Everyone else has role player value or are also some kind of FA. It's basically pretty much by default that there are so many discussions about trading DeMar.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    What are the odds Masai actually DOES trade DD this offseason? 5%?
                    Probably around 15/20%. If Lowry walks, I put a DD trade at 66%?
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Probably around 15/20%. If Lowry walks, I put a DD trade at 66%?
                      Yeah...something like this. If Lowry walks, it just makes a lot more sense to consider it.

Comment

• If the team wants to retain him long term, when can they sign him. Does it have to wait until he decides on his option?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I'm sorry. Pretty lols about the hidden agenda comment.

What hidden agenda could anyone possibly pursue on this forum? To convince a small subset of Raptors fans that Demar is worse than he seems?

That's a pretty small scale conspiracy...
                          Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? lol Hey.....some were soooo set on convincing the republic that we should be blowing things up that they exaggerated a few things...

Comment

Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? lol Hey.....some were soooo set on convincing the republic that we should be blowing things up that they exaggerated a few things...
                            doesn't sound like a hidden agenda, more like an opinion.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• As another option to a Holiday-style trade for pick(s)/prospect(s), what position and/or specific players would people like to see targeted, in a potential DeRozan trade?

For me, assuming Lowry re-signs for <=$10M/season, PF (Amir) & SF (DeRozan/Ross) are the weakest links in the starting lineup, with SF being a distant 2nd.

If I were MU, I would target young(ish) traditional scoring PFs, who can also rebound and defend. I know Love's name has been tossed out already (the idea even has a thread of its own), but the other two players that immediately jump out for me are Aldridge and Horford (already mentioned by WMCJ). Both Aldridge (28) and Horford (27) are roughly the same age as Lowry, and would be great compliments to Valanciunas.

I have no idea how realistic any of these targets are, or what the trade requirements would be to get them, but I would hope (and expect) that's the caliber of return MU would be demanding for DeRozan. Atlanta could look to move Horford for a younger all-star, if they embrace a full rebuild. Aldridge and Love have both had tumultuous relationships with their current teams and are heading into their final contract year, so who knows how the market for them could develop. Trade-wise, a package of DeRozan & Amir would work for each of Aldridge, Horford and Love.

Of course, the risk is having the player bolt upon free agency. However, DeRozan is technically only guaranteed to be under contract for 2 more seasons (player option for 2016-17). Again, such a move partly comes down to having faith in MU (and TL) to make the smart move, whether via trade, draft, signing or re-signing.

Comment

I'd happily discuss it about any player.

But CRF had a post up earlier that pretty much helps explain that DeMar is really the only guy on the team right now who's fodder for this type of discussion. JV and Ross are too cheap on their rookie deal to get a good deal on their own (and it's pretty hard to speculate on super-big deals that involve multiple players going both ways). Lowry is a FA. Everyone else has role player value or are also some kind of FA. It's basically pretty much by default that there are so many discussions about trading DeMar.
                                Let's not forget that we have a few expiring contracts next year....Hayes and Fields. That's over 12 million between the two expiring next year. If you include Amir there's another 7 million. Therefore, there will be other options....and they're all serviceable/good players.

Comment

Working...
                                X