What happened to Tim W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Tim W?

I'm just curious, why doesn't Tim W seem to write articles anymore for this site? Did something happen?

It was time for a break for Tim. Hopefully we'll see him back next season.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      It was time for a break for Tim. Hopefully we'll see him back next season.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I was getting upset at Tim W's consistent whining. He had 0 faith in this team, and thats excusable, but he tried just about every rhetoric tactic to spread his pessimism. This team has put up their collective middle fingers in 'I told you so' spite, and Tim W has not been seen since.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yes, I used to read the front page long before I posted here and he was constantly negative. He was certainly on team tank and didn't appear too happy when that didn't work out. I think the last article I read of his was titled something like " Raptors reach .500, Yay for Mediocrity". Stopped visiting the front page after that.

Comment

I must say that i'm happy we don't have to read his super negative pieces after wins anymore. I like other perspectives but Tim W. just kept pushing the same agenda over and over again....tank tank tank....we suck.....ugh. Good riddance! The only Tim i care to hear from on this site is Chisholm.

Comment

From a big picture Tim is still right and his articles served more as a warning to temper expectations.

But there's no sense in dwelling on what we might/might not do in 2 years' time. After years of turmoil, at this point I'm just ready to enjoy the magic of playoffs. You never know what can happen.. maybe Chris Bosh rolls an ankle, Lebron fractures his hand, Hibbert develops plantar fasciitis... you never know
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

both perspectives are needed.

at this point in time, we're facing brooklyn in the first round. seems unlikely we'll get past them, let alone any chance vs the heat.

nothing is going to be worst next year when the other tanking teams draft all the hyped up crazy / now not as hyped but still good / no one actually knows anything about drafting / young players who may or may not make an impact, while we'll most likely lose half of our bench.

hayes has to probably stay. who knows about hansborough/vasquez/de colo or even whats going to happen with amir and lowry. salmons will definitely be gone. no one said this building process is linear and we could easily go the way of the nuggets next season, who won 50+ games last year and then go on to have the most mediocre shit season this year.

point is, keeping everything 'positive' by hiding away all the realities just to make ourselves feel better *right now* is stupid.

i disagree that theres "no sense in dwelling on what we might/might not do in 2 years' time". if anything, that'll probably be when the raptors will matter the most.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  both perspectives are needed.

at this point in time, we're facing brooklyn in the first round. seems unlikely we'll get past them, let alone any chance vs the heat.

nothing is going to be worst next year when the other tanking teams draft all the hyped up crazy / now not as hyped but still good / no one actually knows anything about drafting / young players who may or may not make an impact, while we'll most likely lose half of our bench.

hayes has to probably stay. who knows about hansborough/vasquez/de colo or even whats going to happen with amir and lowry. salmons will definitely be gone. no one said this building process is linear and we could easily go the way of the nuggets next season, who won 50+ games last year and then go on to have the most mediocre shit season this year.

point is, keeping everything 'positive' by hiding away all the realities just to make ourselves feel better *right now* is stupid.

i disagree that theres "no sense in dwelling on what we might/might not do in 2 years' time". if anything, that'll probably be when the raptors will matter the most.
                  Are you Tim W?
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Tim W's writing degenerated. It became blatantly apparent that he cared more about convincing people he was 'right' than the team, readers, or even the editors on this site, by constantly regurgitating the merits of tanking. It reached a point that he couldn't even cover the basic facts of a game in post-game recaps in a reliable or semi-objective way.

It's not that Tim was dumb or a bad writer, but that dude really needed a break. He obviously hated watching this team succeed because he believed fundamentally it was the wrong direction for the franchise.

It would be interesting to know if he plans on following the team now that they're in the playoffs.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                      Tim W's writing degenerated. It became blatantly apparent that he cared more about convincing people he was 'right' than the team, readers, or even the editors on this site, by constantly regurgitating the merits of tanking. It reached a point that he couldn't even cover the basic facts of a game in post-game recaps in a reliable or semi-objective way.

It's not that Tim was dumb or a bad writer, but that dude really needed a break. He obviously hated watching this team succeed because he believed fundamentally it was the wrong direction for the franchise.

It would be interesting to know if he plans on following the team now that they're in the playoffs.
                      I'm sure he's following and still supporting the team. Tim's a great guy and a very, very good writer. While 90% of Raptors fans disagreed with him, I in a weird way applaud his consistency even if was a negative. We'll likely see Tim back in the fold next season at some point, but in the meantime a break was needed for him and for our site. Shit happens. We still think highly of Tim.

Comment

That's good to hear, actually. I've seen it happen recently where I work. Sometimes a valuable contributor/teammate/employee can get stuck in a mindset. It's not like their heart isn't in the right place, but their vision and agenda is so divergent from the rest of the team that they become cancerous.

It's not that you don't need a contrasting opinion or perspective, but you just got to let some issues go sometimes. You'll give yourself a heart attack if you don't.

Comment

I enjoy reading Tim W articles, very insightful articles and opinion.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            Yes, I used to read the front page long before I posted here and he was constantly negative. He was certainly on team tank and didn't appear too happy when that didn't work out. I think the last article I read of his was titled something like " Raptors reach .500, Yay for Mediocrity". Stopped visiting the front page after that.
                            Haha, that was the first article I ever read on RR.

Found the forums a few days later.

I still read the pre-games, post-games all that stuff on the front.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                            X