Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Kyle Lowry have recovered from his injury soon? How about Amir Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Kyle Lowry have recovered from his injury soon? How about Amir Johnson?

Both have been out for a couple games each now, but we need both for the playoffs for sure or I think it will be really tough to win, despite the team's recent admirable performance without those two, so does anyone know when either of them will be back?

nothing has been said on twitter. why would anyone here know unless they were part of the training/medical staff of the team?

Comment

I doubt we'll know anything until at least Tuesday, when reporters talk to the team after practice.

Comment

They should rest both vs Philly and bring them back for NY just to get some time before the playoffs. Except for getting ready for the playoffs the rest of the season is pretty meaningless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

agree with raptors999 we "should" be able to beat the sixers without them and the more rest the better for these 2 important cogs to our playoff success
          bring them back against the knicks because the knicks worry me in the sense that they are desperate for a playoff spot so they will play hard against us and we need to finish well so we secure the 3rd spot

Comment

Agreed. Rest Lowry/Amir for Sixers games, and then bring them back for a game or two before playoffs, to help get rid of some of the cobwebs.

However, I can see Lowry/Amir wanting to play, because of their competitiveness, so, I can see them resting for one sixers game, and then playing the rest of the other games.

Comment

If they can play against the Sixers, I think they should take some limited minutes. Too much rest can be a bad thing, and with the three games they have taken off, plus this three day stretch of rest after the Bucks game, they should get some minutes.

While I don't know the extent of either's injury, I imagine they both can play, but were given rest for the last three.

In addition, I definitely want both of them against New York. In our last stretch of games, the two against New York are the toughest ones by far. They have talent, are playing decent, and are gunning for the eight seed.

In my opinion, it is pretty important for us to grab the third seed. To do that, we'll need to beat New York twice (probably, considering how well Chicago is playing).

Moderate their minutes in the games they play, and rest them against the Bucks in a week.

Comment

We saw that PPat needed some floor time to remove the rust (his game is still not back to what it was) so I think, if possible, Lowry and Amir need to be back for some parts of the last three games.

Comment

playoffs

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    They should rest both vs Philly and bring them back for NY just to get some time before the playoffs. Except for getting ready for the playoffs the rest of the season is pretty meaningless

I could not disagree more. Seeding and match ups will determine whether or not we make it through the first round or even longer. We need to win out to ensure 3rd seed.

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                      agree with raptors999 we "should" be able to beat the sixers without them and the more rest the better for these 2 important cogs to our playoff success
                      bring them back against the knicks because the knicks worry me in the sense that they are desperate for a playoff spot so they will play hard against us and we need to finish well so we secure the 3rd spot
                      In agreement re need to secure third seed.

Comment

It will be hard to keep either guy out of the lineup. I'm more concerned about minutes. If I had more confidence in the head coach I would say bring them back on a minute cap but I doubt it would work.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          It will be hard to keep either guy out of the lineup. I'm more concerned about minutes. If I had more confidence in the head coach I would say bring them back on a minute cap but I doubt it would work.
                          Did you read the article about our trainer that I posted the other day?

Apparently he's the best in the business. Our guys'll be fine!

here it is:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...d-by-McKechnie

EDIT: lol, just noticed you were the first to read it haha. have some faith in Casey! he'll listen if its important!
                          Last edited by stooley; Mon Apr 7, 2014, 11:20 AM.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post

I think they should play but have mad restricted minutes. There is no need to rush just don't want them to be rusty for the playoffs
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Their injuries may be blessing in disguise given that they have been beaten up all year and especially all the minutes that KL has played.

That said we MUST get the 3rd seed. Not only to get the Wizards Match-Up but also to get a potential shot at the self-destructing Pacers. We have to win every remaining game I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X