Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors Championship run?

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Damn right ahahh
    We win game 1: Everyone ready to bring out the brooms ! We gonna sweep em!
    ( GLF still thinks we gonna lose in 5 )

We lose game 2: Fire Casey!
    DD is an inefficient chucked trade him for lottery pick!
    Were gonna lose in 5!
    (GLF proceeds to say "I told you so! We cannot handle the playoffs!" )
    This is exactly what will happen. Especially the bold part

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn right ahahh

Were gonna lose in 5!
    LMAO this is actually perfection ahahahah. This is so what would happen. There will be a lot of I told you so's coming out of my mouth lol.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn right ahahh

Were gonna lose in 5!
    This is an excellent summary of every game thread I've ever read.

4. Like Yabadabayolo liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Nets just beat the Heat. For the fourth time this season.

Post Thanks / Like

This is really interesting, and makes the final five games of the season even more important.

If we stay in third, it means that our first round opponents are Washington or Charlotte, and our second-round opponent is the winner of Indiana vs. Washington/Charlotte. Meanwhile, the Heat (who will beat the Hawks or Knicks, I mean come on) will have to face the Bulls or the Nets, and at this point I think it's the Nets. Either way, you've got a team that will simply beat the hell out of the Heat in the second round.

It's kind of weird, but if we stay in third, we have a realistic shot at conference finals and even a reasonable chance at NBA finals. Of course, we'll get our asses kicked by the Spurs/Clippers/Thunder, but come on, that's pretty amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    This is really interesting, and makes the final five games of the season even more important.

If we stay in third, it means that our first round opponents are Washington or Charlotte, and our second-round opponent is the winner of Indiana vs. Washington/Charlotte. Meanwhile, the Heat (who will beat the Hawks or Knicks, I mean come on) will have to face the Bulls or the Nets, and at this point I think it's the Nets. Either way, you've got a team that will simply beat the hell out of the Heat in the second round.

It's kind of weird, but if we stay in third, we have a realistic shot at conference finals and even a reasonable chance at NBA finals. Of course, we'll get our asses kicked by the Spurs/Clippers/Thunder, but come on, that's pretty amazing.
    This is very true. That's why I want us to stay third so badly. It really does give us a shot to go far in the playoffs. Doesn't mean it will happen but at least it gives us a shot.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing how we stared 6-12 and were slated for complete demo and rebuild, I think raps fans should just take this season and its outcome as a gift. Whatever the result we just have to stand behind our team and be happy that we were treated to such great basketball this year and hope it continues in the future. That being said I think the Raptors and Clippers are the dark horses this year, they have a great mix of offense and defense and a never die attitude and that's what Toronto fans really want in the end. We want to see hustle and heart above all else and thats what we get with DD, Amir, Lowry and JV almost night in and night out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Transendant Man wrote: View Post
    Seeing how we stared 6-12 and were slated for complete demo and rebuild, I think raps fans should just take this season and its outcome as a gift. Whatever the result we just have to stand behind our team and be happy that we were treated to such great basketball this year and hope it continues in the future. That being said I think the Raptors and Clippers are the dark horses this year, they have a great mix of offense and defense and a never die attitude and that's what Toronto fans really want in the end. We want to see hustle and heart above all else and thats what we get with DD, Amir, Lowry and JV almost night in and night out.
    Clippers look tough this year, if they can set feet straight in the playoff,I see them winning it all.

Jamal Crawford can go for like 50 any night
    Griffey though overrated as fuck is pretty good
    Chris Paul no explanation
    They got granger and some vets, they look stacked

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post

Completely true.

I do think we have a completely realistic shot at the Conference Finals. We play well against Indiana, to be honest. Especially with them slumping, if they get taken to 6/7 games, and maybe we see some tired legs, who knows.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All that has to happen now is for the current seeding to hold, except the Heat have to pass the Pacers again, which I'm sure they will, this does likely means the Raptors have to win out, but if the standings remain as they currently are (other than the Heat in #2 seed), either the Bulls or the Nets would play the Heat in the second round, and the Nets are 4-0 against the Heat this year, while the Bulls are 2-2, so I like both those team's chances against the Heat. Then the Raptors would have a good shot at the conference finals and possibly even the finals if they don't face Miami in the conference finals.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Clippers look tough this year, if they can set feet straight in the playoff,I see them winning it all.

Jamal Crawford can go for like 50 any night
    Griffey though overrated as fuck is pretty good
    Chris Paul no explanation
    They got granger and some vets, they look stacked
    Yeah he probably wouldn't hit so many home runs these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information