Raptors Championship run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

What does everyone think, maybe it could happen?
    For whatever this is worth, at this point I'd be less surprised at them making the Finals, than I was surprised at the excellent basketball they started playing after the Gay trade.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

We need to get third seed and play Wizards. Nothing else matters at this point. IF we manage to move on we certainly need to avoid the Heat. I dare not dream what you are proposing , For those posters who attended playoff games in 2001 we all know the emotional highs and excitement that comes with each game as the playoffs go on .

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        We need to get third seed and play Wizards. Nothing else matters at this point. IF we manage to move on we certainly need to avoid the Heat. I dare not dream what you are proposing , For those posters who attended playoff games in 2001 we all know the emotional highs and excitement that comes with each game as the playoffs go on .
        This board will go crazy, win or lose, especially the in game threads.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

tbh the regular season can be thrown out the window once the playoffs start, its a whole new season come april 19th.

Honestly, theres no point in setting the expectations or sights this high for the raptors, just enjoy their first playoff appearance in 7 years, b/c who knows, they might get eliminated first round and all this speculation will be for nothing.
          Last edited by RaptorsForever; Mon Apr 7, 2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
            This board will go crazy, win or lose, especially the in game threads.
            Damn right ahahh
            We win game 1: Everyone ready to bring out the brooms ! We gonna sweep em!
            ( GLF still thinks we gonna lose in 5 )

We lose game 2: Fire Casey!
            DD is an inefficient chucked trade him for lottery pick!
            Were gonna lose in 5!
            (GLF proceeds to say "I told you so! We cannot handle the playoffs!" )
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Damn right ahahh

Were gonna lose in 5!
              This is exactly what will happen. Especially the bold part

Comment

Damn right ahahh

Were gonna lose in 5!
                LMAO this is actually perfection ahahahah. This is so what would happen. There will be a lot of I told you so's coming out of my mouth lol.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Damn right ahahh

Were gonna lose in 5!
                  This is an excellent summary of every game thread I've ever read.

Comment

Nets just beat the Heat. For the fourth time this season.

Comment

This is really interesting, and makes the final five games of the season even more important.

If we stay in third, it means that our first round opponents are Washington or Charlotte, and our second-round opponent is the winner of Indiana vs. Washington/Charlotte. Meanwhile, the Heat (who will beat the Hawks or Knicks, I mean come on) will have to face the Bulls or the Nets, and at this point I think it's the Nets. Either way, you've got a team that will simply beat the hell out of the Heat in the second round.

It's kind of weird, but if we stay in third, we have a realistic shot at conference finals and even a reasonable chance at NBA finals. Of course, we'll get our asses kicked by the Spurs/Clippers/Thunder, but come on, that's pretty amazing.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        This is really interesting, and makes the final five games of the season even more important.

If we stay in third, it means that our first round opponents are Washington or Charlotte, and our second-round opponent is the winner of Indiana vs. Washington/Charlotte. Meanwhile, the Heat (who will beat the Hawks or Knicks, I mean come on) will have to face the Bulls or the Nets, and at this point I think it's the Nets. Either way, you've got a team that will simply beat the hell out of the Heat in the second round.

It's kind of weird, but if we stay in third, we have a realistic shot at conference finals and even a reasonable chance at NBA finals. Of course, we'll get our asses kicked by the Spurs/Clippers/Thunder, but come on, that's pretty amazing.
                        This is very true. That's why I want us to stay third so badly. It really does give us a shot to go far in the playoffs. Doesn't mean it will happen but at least it gives us a shot.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Seeing how we stared 6-12 and were slated for complete demo and rebuild, I think raps fans should just take this season and its outcome as a gift. Whatever the result we just have to stand behind our team and be happy that we were treated to such great basketball this year and hope it continues in the future. That being said I think the Raptors and Clippers are the dark horses this year, they have a great mix of offense and defense and a never die attitude and that's what Toronto fans really want in the end. We want to see hustle and heart above all else and thats what we get with DD, Amir, Lowry and JV almost night in and night out.

Comment

Transendant Man wrote: View Post
                            Seeing how we stared 6-12 and were slated for complete demo and rebuild, I think raps fans should just take this season and its outcome as a gift. Whatever the result we just have to stand behind our team and be happy that we were treated to such great basketball this year and hope it continues in the future. That being said I think the Raptors and Clippers are the dark horses this year, they have a great mix of offense and defense and a never die attitude and that's what Toronto fans really want in the end. We want to see hustle and heart above all else and thats what we get with DD, Amir, Lowry and JV almost night in and night out.
                            Clippers look tough this year, if they can set feet straight in the playoff,I see them winning it all.

Jamal Crawford can go for like 50 any night
                            Griffey though overrated as fuck is pretty good
                            Chris Paul no explanation
                            They got granger and some vets, they look stacked
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

Completely true.

I do think we have a completely realistic shot at the Conference Finals. We play well against Indiana, to be honest. Especially with them slumping, if they get taken to 6/7 games, and maybe we see some tired legs, who knows.

Comment

All that has to happen now is for the current seeding to hold, except the Heat have to pass the Pacers again, which I'm sure they will, this does likely means the Raptors have to win out, but if the standings remain as they currently are (other than the Heat in #2 seed), either the Bulls or the Nets would play the Heat in the second round, and the Nets are 4-0 against the Heat this year, while the Bulls are 2-2, so I like both those team's chances against the Heat. Then the Raptors would have a good shot at the conference finals and possibly even the finals if they don't face Miami in the conference finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X