Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Happy Raptors Day everyone!

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Happy Raptors Day everyone!




    Not sure how we should celebrate this day.. My withdrawal symptoms are at peak. Need some raps action ASAP

    May 12th - Raptors Day in Tdot!

  2. Like Joey, stooley liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol

  4. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is that Vasquez? He's hustling so hard to stay in Toronto.

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a weird day for "Raptors Day", we're going to have to take time away from finishing up 2nd round opponents just to go shake hands with the mayor every year now? This type of shit could cost us a perfect playoff run.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    What a weird day for "Raptors Day", we're going to have to take time away from finishing up 2nd round opponents just to go shake hands with the mayor every year now? This type of shit could cost us a perfect playoff run.

    Nah, if we're playing, we celebrate by winning. Plus they're only shaking hands cause it's inaugural. Theyre making it official and thus a ceremony is needed.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  7. #6
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    What a weird day for "Raptors Day", we're going to have to take time away from finishing up 2nd round opponents just to go shake hands with the mayor every year now? This type of shit could cost us a perfect playoff run.
    These honorable days are generally just for the current Year.
    So May 12, 2014 is Raptors Day. May 12th, 2015 won't be.
    In Masai we Trust.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  9. Like Nilanka, stooley liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kind of embarrassing to celebrate a first round knock out when they were the better team based on regular season standings... it also goes to show you how bad the teams been the past 20 years when they make a big deal out of it.

    Hopefully it keeps the excitement going.. the franchise needs as much support as it can going forward.

  11. #9
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Kind of embarrassing to celebrate a first round knock out when they were the better team based on regular season standings... it also goes to show you how bad the teams been the past 20 years when they make a big deal out of it.

    Hopefully it keeps the excitement going.. the franchise needs as much support as it can going forward.
    I think its more to commemorate the fantastic response, and community that was realized, as opposed to the short lived playoff run.
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. Like TRex, Letter N, planetmars liked this post
  13. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Greivis for Mayor! lol


    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  14. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    man, i don't care about basketball fit. i want GV back.

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GV's agent must be going postal.

  16. Like Letter N liked this post
  17. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Greivis for Mayor! lol


    That is really true and kind of funny. There's obviously Toronto sports fans that love more than 1 sport but for the most part the passion and the die hard spirit lies with just one of the teams, be it Raptors, Leafs, Jays or TFC. I can't imagine that's the case in many other places outside of maybe NY or Chicago.

  18. #14
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    That is really true and kind of funny. There's obviously Toronto sports fans that love more than 1 sport but for the most part the passion and the die hard spirit lies with just one of the teams, be it Raptors, Leafs, Jays or TFC. I can't imagine that's the case in many other places outside of maybe NY or Chicago.
    I'd say Boston takes the Cake. Pats, Red Sox and Celtics fans are ALL ridiculous.
    Suppose the difference being is that they generally have one Contenter out of the 3.

    I'd definitely put Toronto up there as well though.
    In Masai we Trust.

  19. Like Letter N liked this post
  20. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    That is really true and kind of funny. There's obviously Toronto sports fans that love more than 1 sport but for the most part the passion and the die hard spirit lies with just one of the teams, be it Raptors, Leafs, Jays or TFC. I can't imagine that's the case in many other places outside of maybe NY or Chicago.
    i thought that meant that Greivis has played on four different teams, and Toronto fans are his favourite.

  21. Like OldSkoolCool, Joey liked this post
  22. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone have a video of this event?
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  23. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Anyone have a video of this event?
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...015flv-3268010

  24. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Happy Raptors day everyone!! xoxo

  25. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    i thought that meant that Greivis has played on four different teams, and Toronto fans are his favourite.
    ohhhhhh ya you probably right.

  26. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How did game 5 of the Raptors-Nets series have more viewers than games 6 and 7?

    Casual fans still thinking it's a 5 game series or what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •