Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: JV Arrested for DUI

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV man you're so stupid.. The playoffs begin April 19th.. so most likely the Raptors will be playing on the 22nd. I wonder if they could help push back that court date? If not, the Raptors are screwed or will have to rely on the Chuckster and Hansbro for a critical win.
    first appearance will be handled by his lawyer. No need to be present.

2. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's going to get some negative PR from this, I hope it doesn't affect his play.

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas is from Europe.

He drinks only DRIVE BEER.

5. Like RandomGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Would it be safe to assume that if a worker at a drive thru called OPP about open beer bottles in a vehicle that they were just concerned citizen or that maybe the driver of the vehicle was behaving like a complete jackass? I've never worked at a drive thru before, but I imagine drunks are a common thing at 2:30 am. If it prompted someone to call OPP you can bet the driver was probably being an asshole or disorderly. JV has a lot of maturing to do and I felt that way even before this incident. Just hope it doesn't affect the Raptors playoff aspirations or his career.
    The drive thru worker was later seen wearing a bulls jersey.

7. Like BobLoblaw, 007, isaacthompson, slaw, stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Really, we have no idea. He could have just seemed drunk, without being belligerent in any way. That would be enough to get me to make a call.
    Ture, I'm just speculating, but my point is that a drive thru employee that is used dealing with a lot of drunks would have to be pushed pretty far to make that call. At 2:30 in the morning when the bars and clubs close that's a large portion of their clients, so it's not exactly speculation to assume they are use to those sorts of customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    point is, a lot of kids do it.
    Not just kids. Go to the downtown pubs and bars in Calgary after work any night of the week and they are packed with bankers, lawyers, accountants, engineers, oil and gas execs, etc. who throw back more than a few beverages and then drive home.

I don't think this will hurt him too bad. The righteous sports media (the most insufferable, holier than thou media on the planet) will want their pound of flesh but I think most regular folks don't think it's a big deal and will move on quickly.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Jonas is from Europe.

He drinks only DRIVE BEER.

Jonas is one of those Euros who drink this:

Post Thanks / Like

"There's always someone available to pick you up from Raps organization". Jonas freaking c'mon

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/MC_...nburg_Apr8.mp3

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ture, I'm just speculating, but my point is that a drive thru employee that is used dealing with a lot of drunks would have to be pushed pretty far to make that call. At 2:30 in the morning when the bars and clubs close that's a large portion of their clients, so it's not exactly speculation to assume they are use to those sorts of customers.
    Or they recognized him as a "celebrity". People are always more willing to drag down people. If they recognized him, or even if the car he was driving was really nice, then it's more likely to get reported. Does anyone know what he drives? I never worked at a fast food restaurant, but I'd definitely be more likely to call in on the guy driving a Rolls Royce than some dude in his K-car.

Post Thanks / Like

Default JV Arrested for DUI

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Yikes.

Lol rubbish.
    If you get a chance to see the game at Portland this year, take a look at Terrence and you'll see it

Funny enough, Portland is in Washington.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    If you get a chance to see the game at Portland this year, take a look at Terrence and you'll see it

Funny enough, Portland is in Washington.. Lol

He had conjunctivitis and so did a few of the others. He wasn't allowed to speak with media or get close to the team during practice the day before.
    First I've heard that Portland is in Washington, also.

15. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    He had conjunctivitis and so did a few of the others. He wasn't allowed to speak with media or get close to the team during practice the day before.
    First I've heard that Portland is in Washington, also.
    Lol at conjunctivitis. Some wacky plane hijinx huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that his mps was 80? Isn't that hardly even considered a DUI?
    .80 used to be the line between intoxicated and not. if you blew a .79 it was "get home safe".

JV is Male and 7 feet at 250lbs it would take him 4.5 beers over the course of an hour to get that drunk.

two years ago this isn't even a crime. It has since been moved to .50 which is like 2.5 beers for most people.

You hate to say someone isn't THAT drunk but he wasn't obliterated and driving into poles

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Lol at conjunctivitis. Some wacky plane hijinx huh?
    Conjunctivitis (also called pink eye[1] or madras eye[2] in India) is inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids).[1] It is commonly due to an infection (usually viral, but sometimes bacterial[3]) or an allergic reaction
    Here to help, and also to defend my guy!

Post Thanks / Like

in fact if you consume 2 pints 500ml vs 333ml in an hour you can't drive.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

100% disagree. I think they'll actually be much more likely to make that call. They're used to these situations, and have more experience spotting the signs.

I mean, imagine you in their position: if a guy comes through your drive-through completely shit-faced (and I'm not saying JV was), but he was nice to you, you wouldn't call the cops?

My guess is that: strange 7-foot 250 lb. man, with an accent, in a flashy car, had as much to do with this call as any overt signs of drunkenness. Which is not to excuse what he did at all. But this case is obviously much different than being caught doing 140K while weaving in and out of your lane.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wassaga beach really?

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I shudder when I think of the worst things that can happen in situations such as this. It's cliche' I know but all you can do is be happy that nobody got hurt and hope that JV truly learns something from it all. It was a stupid and selfish decision by Jonas but it's not uncommon for 21 year olds to exhibit such behaviour. Maybe the Raptors will learn something too. I don't think it's a great sign that the young, foreign guy is driving around by himself at 2:30 in the morning, crushing beers. I'm not blaming the Raps in any way - JV has to take responsibility for what he did - but maybe they start to check in on their young guys a little more regularly or keep a closer eye on Valanciunas for a while.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I shudder when I think of the worst things that can happen in situations such as this. It's cliche' I know but all you can do is be happy that nobody got hurt and hope that JV truly learns something from it all. It was a stupid and selfish decision by Jonas but it's not uncommon for 21 year olds to exhibit such behaviour. Maybe the Raptors will learn something too. I don't think it's a great sign that the young, foreign guy is driving around by himself at 2:30 in the morning, crushing beers. I'm not blaming the Raps in any way - JV has to take responsibility for what he did - but maybe they start to check in on their young guys a little more regularly or keep a closer eye on Valanciunas for a while.
    Oh, they will be.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    100% disagree. I think they'll actually be much more likely to make that call. They're used to these situations, and have more experience spotting the signs.

I mean, imagine you in their position: if a guy comes through your drive-through completely shit-faced (and I'm not saying JV was), but he was nice to you, you wouldn't call the cops?

My guess is that: strange 7-foot 250 lb. man, with an accent, in a flashy car, had as much to do with this call as any overt signs of drunkenness. Which is not to excuse what he did at all. But this case is obviously much different than being caught doing 140K while weaving in and out of your lane.
    I disagree somewhat. I think if you are used to dealing with drunks all the time you are much more likely to let it slide. Otherwised you'd be on the phone non stop during the grave yard shift. Also, it's unlikely that it was a single employee making the call, it was likely made by the supervisor.

Again all speculation, but if I was used to dealing with drunks I'd be pretty tolerant of them. It would take a fair bit to push me to the point to make that call unless the guy was just so messed up you actually felt he was a danger to himself and others, or he was being abusive somehow.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information