No announcement yet.

JV Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks tomorrow, I think Chandler may be too tough for JV to handle alone, someone get T. Ross a 6 pack and let's go to the beach!

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Knicks tomorrow, I think Chandler may be too tough for JV to handle alone, someone get T. Ross a 6 pack and let's go to the beach!
      Well, JV might have trouble....BUt last time they played that home and home earlier in the year, JV had no trouble at all against him.

Comment

• Chandler is on the declineeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

• Didn't JV drop 16 & 18 on Chandler this season?
          OG is our king

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            I believe it's Lithuanian. I put some of the words in the caption into Google and it offered a translation.
            It is Lithuanian. Mine isn't good enough to follow it all. Here's a rough approximation, with the parts in brackets a little unclear to me. It's clearly poking fun at him.

Interviewer:
            (So you drink?) What do you drink?

Jonas:
            I don't drink ... well maybe a little, I mean sometimes I get a little drunk.

Interviewer:
            What do you drink? Vodka? Wine? ... You know after you (drive a tractor?). Maybe your friends (????).

Jonas:
            I don't know. (Maybe you should ask?) my friends?

Comment

• Prophet2k wrote: View Post
              He can plead guilty on the 22nd if he chooses.
              My understanding is that this court date does not involve a plea - more about evidence that is submitted to the Defense - and that JV doesn't have to be there.

Now .... Not to dismiss the seriousness of this charge, but I have to question 2 basic assumptions people are making:

1) Jonas will be found guilty

2) Jonas will plead guilty to the charge.

On the first point (with pertinence to the 2nd point), Jonas was NOT found "drinking & driving" - at least according to the reports (which is all I know). Jonas was found at a home, where it's reported he admitted to having consumed alcohol early, and being behind the wheel of his car. I'm not a lawyer, but I still find this charge somewhat dubious. Any good lawyer can argue that Jonas consumed alcohol while at the home, and that this consumption put him over the limit.

Just my 2 cents worth.
              Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Thu Apr 10, 2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• I think Jonas might plead guilty to driving with open alcohol in the car, and dodge driving while under the influence. But that's a total uneducated guess.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  I think Jonas might plead guilty to driving with open alcohol in the car, and dodge driving while under the influence. But that's a total uneducated guess.
                  It might be uneducated but it certainly is plausible.

If he had a drink when he got home, which is perfectly logical and possible, then there you go.

I don't think he is going to have a public defender representing him.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Knicks tomorrow, I think Chandler may be too tough for JV to handle alone, someone get T. Ross a 6 pack and let's go to the beach!
                    Nah JV will be fine, he usually puts better numbers then Chandler going head to head. Chandler is a wanna be tough guy thug who always tries to intimidate JV but it never seems to work.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Nah JV will be fine, he usually puts better numbers then Chandler going head to head. Chandler is a wanna be tough guy thug who always tries to intimidate JV but it never seems to work.
                      Yup.

JV 12 pts, 14 rebs vs Knicks this season. ( 2 games )

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        I think Jonas might plead guilty to driving with open alcohol in the car, and dodge driving while under the influence. But that's a total uneducated guess.
                        A lot depends on what occurred at the drive-thru...is the witness going to testify, in addition to the bottles/cans was JV drinking out of one while getting served, was he coherent/beligerent etc. These would be mitigating testimony though not entirely absolute proof imo. If JV/friends indicate he had a couple at the house before the cops showed up and tested him the DUI could be thrown out.

A question I have is how the cops located him at a private residence (assuming not his) from a drive thru worker call-in even if he knew it was JV? Something strange here.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          A lot depends on what occurred at the drive-thru...is the witness going to testify, in addition to the bottles/cans was JV drinking out of one while getting served, was he coherent/beligerent etc. These would be mitigating testimony though not entirely absolute proof imo. If JV/friends indicate he had a couple at the house before the cops showed up and tested him the DUI could be thrown out.

A question I have is how the cops located him at a private residence (assuming not his) from a drive thru worker call-in even if he knew it was JV? Something strange here.
                          DUI "delayed" cases based on witness statement are very weak. I bet, police got CCTV footage with JV driving his car. Of course it depends when he's got arrested after this drive-thru thing, but I believe everything went quickly.

It's 2014 buddy. It's very easy to find people these days.

Comment

• Damn Jonas ... who knew you had it in ya!

Career Rebounds night right after Career Points night? Love it.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X