Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    point is, a lot of kids do it.
    Not just kids. Go to the downtown pubs and bars in Calgary after work any night of the week and they are packed with bankers, lawyers, accountants, engineers, oil and gas execs, etc. who throw back more than a few beverages and then drive home.

I don't think this will hurt him too bad. The righteous sports media (the most insufferable, holier than thou media on the planet) will want their pound of flesh but I think most regular folks don't think it's a big deal and will move on quickly.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Jonas is from Europe.

He drinks only DRIVE BEER.

Jonas is one of those Euros who drink this:

Comment

• "There's always someone available to pick you up from Raps organization". Jonas freaking c'mon

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/MC_...nburg_Apr8.mp3

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Ture, I'm just speculating, but my point is that a drive thru employee that is used dealing with a lot of drunks would have to be pushed pretty far to make that call. At 2:30 in the morning when the bars and clubs close that's a large portion of their clients, so it's not exactly speculation to assume they are use to those sorts of customers.
          Or they recognized him as a "celebrity". People are always more willing to drag down people. If they recognized him, or even if the car he was driving was really nice, then it's more likely to get reported. Does anyone know what he drives? I never worked at a fast food restaurant, but I'd definitely be more likely to call in on the guy driving a Rolls Royce than some dude in his K-car.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JV Arrested for DUI

BigCamB wrote: View Post
            Yikes.

Lol rubbish.
            If you get a chance to see the game at Portland this year, take a look at Terrence and you'll see it

Funny enough, Portland is in Washington.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
              If you get a chance to see the game at Portland this year, take a look at Terrence and you'll see it

Funny enough, Portland is in Washington.. Lol

He had conjunctivitis and so did a few of the others. He wasn't allowed to speak with media or get close to the team during practice the day before.
              First I've heard that Portland is in Washington, also.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                He had conjunctivitis and so did a few of the others. He wasn't allowed to speak with media or get close to the team during practice the day before.
                First I've heard that Portland is in Washington, also.
                Lol at conjunctivitis. Some wacky plane hijinx huh?
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that his mps was 80? Isn't that hardly even considered a DUI?
                  .80 used to be the line between intoxicated and not. if you blew a .79 it was "get home safe".

JV is Male and 7 feet at 250lbs it would take him 4.5 beers over the course of an hour to get that drunk.

two years ago this isn't even a crime. It has since been moved to .50 which is like 2.5 beers for most people.

You hate to say someone isn't THAT drunk but he wasn't obliterated and driving into poles
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    Lol at conjunctivitis. Some wacky plane hijinx huh?
                    Conjunctivitis (also called pink eye[1] or madras eye[2] in India) is inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids).[1] It is commonly due to an infection (usually viral, but sometimes bacterial[3]) or an allergic reaction
                    Here to help, and also to defend my guy!

Comment

• in fact if you consume 2 pints 500ml vs 333ml in an hour you can't drive.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Ture, I'm just speculating, but my point is that a drive thru employee that is used dealing with a lot of drunks would have to be pushed pretty far to make that call. At 2:30 in the morning when the bars and clubs close that's a large portion of their clients, so it's not exactly speculation to assume they are use to those sorts of customers.
                        100% disagree. I think they'll actually be much more likely to make that call. They're used to these situations, and have more experience spotting the signs.

I mean, imagine you in their position: if a guy comes through your drive-through completely shit-faced (and I'm not saying JV was), but he was nice to you, you wouldn't call the cops?

My guess is that: strange 7-foot 250 lb. man, with an accent, in a flashy car, had as much to do with this call as any overt signs of drunkenness. Which is not to excuse what he did at all. But this case is obviously much different than being caught doing 140K while weaving in and out of your lane.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Wassaga beach really?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I shudder when I think of the worst things that can happen in situations such as this. It's cliche' I know but all you can do is be happy that nobody got hurt and hope that JV truly learns something from it all. It was a stupid and selfish decision by Jonas but it's not uncommon for 21 year olds to exhibit such behaviour. Maybe the Raptors will learn something too. I don't think it's a great sign that the young, foreign guy is driving around by himself at 2:30 in the morning, crushing beers. I'm not blaming the Raps in any way - JV has to take responsibility for what he did - but maybe they start to check in on their young guys a little more regularly or keep a closer eye on Valanciunas for a while.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                              I shudder when I think of the worst things that can happen in situations such as this. It's cliche' I know but all you can do is be happy that nobody got hurt and hope that JV truly learns something from it all. It was a stupid and selfish decision by Jonas but it's not uncommon for 21 year olds to exhibit such behaviour. Maybe the Raptors will learn something too. I don't think it's a great sign that the young, foreign guy is driving around by himself at 2:30 in the morning, crushing beers. I'm not blaming the Raps in any way - JV has to take responsibility for what he did - but maybe they start to check in on their young guys a little more regularly or keep a closer eye on Valanciunas for a while.
                              Oh, they will be.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                100% disagree. I think they'll actually be much more likely to make that call. They're used to these situations, and have more experience spotting the signs.

I mean, imagine you in their position: if a guy comes through your drive-through completely shit-faced (and I'm not saying JV was), but he was nice to you, you wouldn't call the cops?

My guess is that: strange 7-foot 250 lb. man, with an accent, in a flashy car, had as much to do with this call as any overt signs of drunkenness. Which is not to excuse what he did at all. But this case is obviously much different than being caught doing 140K while weaving in and out of your lane.
                                I disagree somewhat. I think if you are used to dealing with drunks all the time you are much more likely to let it slide. Otherwised you'd be on the phone non stop during the grave yard shift. Also, it's unlikely that it was a single employee making the call, it was likely made by the supervisor.

Again all speculation, but if I was used to dealing with drunks I'd be pretty tolerant of them. It would take a fair bit to push me to the point to make that call unless the guy was just so messed up you actually felt he was a danger to himself and others, or he was being abusive somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X