• Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

heh
    Is this on nbatv?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Is this on nbatv?
      I don't think so. Just check twitter and you'll find quotes sooner or later.

Also,

Non basketball media.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        For those posters that have been to Wasaga Beach will know that drinking and driving is a huge issue for locals. OPP frequently has spot checks on River Road. I wonder what triggered call to OPP? Generally locals are pretty good at assessing unsafe behavior versus minor nussiance issues . I can infer that he was engaging in obnoxious and abusive behavior.
        This is what I was thinking as well. Drunks at that time of night and I suppose in certain areas are common. It takes a bit of excessive bad behaviour to get someone to call OPP.

Not the first time a young kid with money has gotten drunk and behaved inappropriately, and won't be the last. Hopefully he realizes that he's not just any young kid with money,as he is in the public eye, and matures from the experience.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Good. he's still gonna play and the team will await the outcone of his court case to take any action. just as it should be. all these calls for his head and crazy suspension are way overboard right now.

Comment

• hey I say we give him a good boo tomorrow night in introductions and then let bygones be bygones
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                hey I say we give him a good boo tomorrow night in introductions and then let bygones be bygones
                No need to boo him especially b4 playoffs.

What happened, happened. He'll learn from this.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  hey I say we give him a good boo tomorrow night in introductions and then let bygones be bygones
                  Seriously???
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JV will play tomorrow.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Or they recognized him as a "celebrity". People are always more willing to drag down people. If they recognized him, or even if the car he was driving was really nice, then it's more likely to get reported. Does anyone know what he drives? I never worked at a fast food restaurant, but I'd definitely be more likely to call in on the guy driving a Rolls Royce than some dude in his K-car.
                      Seen him in Toronto rolling around in a tricked out Mercedes Benz G-wagon, blasting pusha-t nonetheless hahah
                      "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I disagree somewhat. I think if you are used to dealing with drunks all the time you are much more likely to let it slide. Otherwised you'd be on the phone non stop during the grave yard shift. Also, it's unlikely that it was a single employee making the call, it was likely made by the supervisor.

Again all speculation, but if I was used to dealing with drunks I'd be pretty tolerant of them. It would take a fair bit to push me to the point to make that call unless the guy was just so messed up you actually felt he was a danger to himself and others, or he was being abusive somehow.
                          I was actually wondering what sort of policies a restaurant with a late-night drive through might have about this sort of situation, similar to bars being potentially on the hook for letting a patron drink and drive.

I also recall going to a summer wedding in Wasaga Beach back in the early 2000's and being told by the locals that the police in the area were super strict about drinking and driving, given their reputation as a beach/party town, which makes his decision even more stupid. I get having a beer going to get fast food, but to bring the booze in the car with you as you're driving is a whole other layer of dumb that's just asking for trouble.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Good to know.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              This is what I was thinking as well. Drunks at that time of night and I suppose in certain areas are common. It takes a bit of excessive bad behaviour to get someone to call OPP.

Drunks? Sure.

Drunk drivers? Highly doubt it.

Comment

• Just found out about this. Very disappointing indeed. But guys c'mon, if you work at a drive thru and have ANY indication that a driver is/was drunk then you absolutely have a social responsibility to call the police. Thats it. No more to it. Christ, you can get charged for letting a friend drive home after drinking from your house party.

JV should be suspended immediately for no less than 5 games. The team should do this...now. Don't wait for the NBA to judge the situation. Don't wait for the justice system to figure it out. Be proactive, and send a message to fans and the public in general, this shit will not be tolerated by our employees.

The fact is, drinking and driving is almost socially acceptable in this country, and nobody really gives a fuck until something shitty happens. Preventative measures need to be taken, and that means punishing people more severely for breaking the law, even if they didn't hurt themselves or anyone else.

I still like JV, and I got his back, but he needs to be punished, and it needs to be now. Fucking Raptors need to step up to the plate and do something ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X