JV Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The people on their moral high horse are certainly better than me.

Lets look at just a couple of NBA drunk drivers off top of my head in last year or two:

Jarrett Jack
    RC Buford
    Mike Budenholzer

All solid NBA people with solid reputations who made a really stupid mistake.

Again, whatever legal and league/team discipline he receives is well deserved. However get off your moral high horse and be thankful that his huge mistake (from what we know and hopefully this is the stupidest thing he's ever done) did not harm anyone and hopefully he can learn a valuable life lesson from this at 21 years of age with, hopefully, many NBA years ahead of him.

I hope and pray this is not a snowball starting on the top of the mountain with Larry Sanders waiting for him at the bottom of the controversy hill.
    Now that would be a big-time disappointment and crushing blow

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      the way people are acting around here you would think he raped and killed someone.
      Look at the game threads and see who shits on him at every opportunity.

Then compare to this thread.

Coincidence? I think not.

By the way.... did I mention JV is an idiot for putting himself in this situation and deserves whatever punishment he gets from legal system and the Raptors/NBA?

Comment

Look at the game threads and see who shits on him at every opportunity.

Then compare to this thread.

Coincidence? I think not.

By the way.... did I mention JV is an idiot for putting himself in this situation and deserves whatever punishment he gets from legal system and the Raptors/NBA?
        which is 1 year license suspension , 1000 $ fine and he'll rest for 2 NBA games. Easily avoidable and was stupid of him to put himself in that position.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You married?

You ever been married?

You ever been a foreigner living in a different country?

You ever been a foreigner living in a different country with your wife with a social opportunity with people from your home country?

Personally I've never been a living in a foreign country with my wife. But I do have experience in marriage and the struggles that often arise between work and homelife (i.e. my wife). There is a thing called work/home life balance and I would imagine it is a struggle for JV being just 21, married, and on another continent.

Now all the other Raptors who are married are foreigners too. But none of them are 21.

JV, in this situation, is stupid beyond description. However this situation is not black and white. If the team get together was meant to mandatory, it would have been mandatory. If it was optional, then it is optional. These guys get about 3 days off at a stretch no more than 3-4 times during the season. That might be a bitter pill to swallow for some wives who want to have social time among her friends.

Again, JV was stupid and deserves whatever legal consequences come his way as well as team or league discipline. However anyone on this forum who can say they've never made a really stupid mistake is either lying or 16.
          I'm not married but, I'm sure if you were getting paid as much as he was 3-4 stretch through 8 months and than a full 4 months should be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            which is 1 year license suspension , 1000 $ fine and he'll rest for 2 NBA games. Easily avoidable and was stupid of him to put himself in that position.
            I totally agree.

And anyone who scoffs at $1000 can take comfort in 2 games salary is $85,000.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I'm not married but, I'm sure if you were getting paid as much as he was 3-4 stretch through 8 months and than a full 4 months should be enough.

You should familiarize yourself with Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Money doesn't buy happiness.... cliche but true.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Someone in my family got a DUI.. no license for a year was far rougher for him than having to pay that $1000 fine.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Someone in my family got a DUI.. no license for a year was far rougher for him than having to pay that $1000 fine.
                  What about facility car insurance? I've heard that costs are sky high ( starting from $10k annually ) after DUI. I could be wrong though

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    What about facility car insurance? I've heard that costs are sky high ( starting from $10k annually ) after DUI. I could be wrong though
                    You're right.. that went up as well (not sure by how much).. Although all I heard was the whining about him not being able to drive. He deserved it though.

Comment

• The thing that bothers me the most is the timing. Like this the time where he should be the most focused on basketball.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lol you're really taking your JV trolling up a notch; and I here I was, thinking you'd reached your peak.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Lol you're really taking your JV trolling up a notch; and I here I was, thinking you'd reached your peak.
                          Lol he give me too much ammunition

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JV Arrested for DUI

Jokes a side I do feel bad for the kid. Seem like this type of thing that would get to him. From what were showed looks like a good kid.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jokes a side I do feel bad for the kid. Seem like this type of thing that would get to him. From what were showed looks like a good kid.
                              I don't feel bad for him at all.

He made stupid choices and has to deal with.

I feel bad for teammates, coaches, organization, owners, and most importantly fans.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Most statements are usually along the lines of....This team, as currently built, will depend on JV's growth a lot in order to take a step up in the NBA pecking order. And that's usually because he plays a more critical position, especially in terms of need, than, say, Ross. So in Chr1st1an's mind that becomes "people hate on DD and want JV to be the face of the franchise?" or something along those lines...Instead of "if JV grows into a top tier two-way C and we still have quality players like DD and what Ross can hopefully become as well, we'll be a much better team than we are today".

I think most of us who love JV's potential acknowledge he's not likely a franchise player, especially on a contender. He may have a very slim chance (like veeeery slim), but realistically, it's more that he can be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a contender while also being hopefully one of the top players at his position, which lacks a lot of elite talent (seriously, the only guy considered a franchise player at the C position in the last decade has been Howard...no one else has been considered "best player on a contender" good). He has a good chance of being as good as just about any C in the game today, and better than most.
                                A Marc Gasol level player, who can bang with the Hibberts, Drummonds and Lopez's of the league. A quality component on a contending team.

Comment

Working...
                                X