Raptors TV broadcast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors TV broadcast thread

Frustration is growing among Raptors fans who feel their winning basketball team is getting snubbed in favour of the NHL and the Maple Leafs even though they’re out of playoff contention.

The Raptors are heading to the NBA playoffs in a few weeks, but the Leafs, NHL and the Blue Jays’ new season are still dominating highlight shows and prime-time coverage, fans complain.

“We’re being shuffled off for no reason other than hockey,” said Justin Ghent, a Raptors fan who lives in Belleville, Ont.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ple_leafs.html

Thoughts?

We'll never be on the level of hockey....it would be nice to at least get decent coverage though.

And it would be nice if Raptors games didn't get pushed aside for things like NASCAR rain delays.

And it would be extra nice if TSN and Sportsnet hired, you know, professionals to produce the games. Too many poor cuts and terrible work being done from that perspective.

Comment

I call BS with Sportsnet saying it was a "transmission issue". The feed cut off immediately at 11pm, which was when Connected was supposed to begin had the game been over.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

It's because of the Leafs.

They've sucked for so long, and still get all the coverage.

Toronto is a first and foremost hockey town.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Darts & Curling get better (much better) coverage.

Did anyone see the massive crowds at the curling events in Sochi?

Comment

Maybe when the playoffs start we will get better coverage.

There won't be any Leafs games.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I call BS with Sportsnet saying it was a "transmission issue". The feed cut off immediately at 11pm, which was when Connected was supposed to begin had the game been over.
              Ive heard the bucks feed cut too so I think it actually was a transmission issue.

Comment

Raptors lead off on TSN tonight. We all got our wish.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Ive heard the bucks feed cut too so I think it actually was a transmission issue.
                  Bucks didn't broadcast the game
                  The only feed there was, was the Raptors one

and I find it fishy how could it be a transmission issue when it got cut at exactly 11:00PM!
                  No sooner or Later exactly at 11:00PM
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

How come there's never a transmission issue for leafs games, I call shenanigans

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

Comment

Charlie Brown wrote: View Post
                      How come there's never a transmission issue for leafs games, I call shenanigans

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      It's the Leafs.

Duh.

Comment

Maybe now that TSN lost the NHL they can focus on the NBA and other sports...

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Darts & Curling get better (much better) coverage.

Did anyone see the massive crowds at the curling events in Sochi?
                          I've heard this complaint a number of times and as a competitve curler I take offence to it. The ONLY curling coverage on TSN are the national championships, world championships, skins game (literally 1 game) and continental cup (1 weekend). The national and world championships SHOULD be broadcast over a regular season Raptors game. Curling is a huge Canadian sport and this country is a dominant curling force. It gets "much better" coverage because it has been around for over 200 years in Canada and is enjoyed by an age demographic much larger than that of the average Raps fan.

Much like Vince Carter introduced basketball to young Canadians, prominent Canadian curlers are doing the same. I don't care about it not being as "cool" as basketball, that's an opinion. A fact is the number of people watching the Brier and Scotties is higher than those watching a regular season Raps game. If it weren't fact, TSN would be showing the Raptors. There are 82 Raptor games broadcast over the course of 6 months (as well as other NBA games) and there are 6 curling events that take up a total of about 50 days. Giving up a couple basketball games here and there should not a major issue.

I've always been a big believer in not chastising one sport to promote another (which is basically our pet peeve from hockey analysts). Open your mind to the possibility that other people like darts and curling, just like you want the hockey fanatics to open their mind that people that like basketball.
                          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Curling's a leisure sport in my opinion, along with Darts, Pool, Snooker, Chess, Bochi, Poker, Dominoes, etc. Regardless of popularity, I don't believe it belongs in the same conversation as sports that involve athletic prowess.

I understand why networks cover Curling, but to place it on the same realm as Basketball is like discussing a Formula-1 car in the same breath as tricycles.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Curling's a leisure sport in my opinion, along with Darts, Pool, Snooker, Chess, Bochi, Poker, Dominoes, etc. Regardless of popularity, I don't believe it belongs in the same conversation as sports that involve athletic prowess.

I understand why networks cover Curling, but to place it on the same realm as Basketball is like discussing a Formula-1 car in the same breath as tricycles.
                              Again, these are ignorant statements that are nothing more than uninformed opinion. What makes a sport leisure? Are they not all intended to be fun? Ask any professional curler and it is anything but simply leisure. They work their full-time jobs and spend all of their free-time practicing, travelling and competing at the highest level, hoping to win money to fund their next event. Just because you think curling is on the same level as dominoes does not make it so.

As for the statement about curlers not being athletes, I would wager that the men's olympic team that just won the gold medal are in better shape than some NBA players. The sport requires incredible balance, strength, agility, hand-eye coordination as well as mental prowess. Shooting a basketball doesn't require athletic prowess, as you put it, and I play basketball simply for leisure. Using your argument, I could say that basketball is the "tricycle" when placed in the same realm as curling.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
                              There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Working...
                              X