Raps should hire Kevin Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    We should totally aim for Brooks once OKC tosses him aside!

#SloppySeconds
    Really? I'd take Casey over Brooks. Look at what Casey has done without a player on this roser that is anywhere near the level of Westbrook, not to mention Durrant. When I take into consideration what the Raptors would look like with a talent of that level I'm sort of left to wonder what he could accomplish. It's not even a compliment to Casey so much as it's not thinking Brooks is as good as people consider him to be. Mike Brown 2.0

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      It will be hard to get rid of Casey after the job he's done this season but one of the few guys I see being able to supplant him would be Ollie. I think he'd fit in well with the Leiweke-Ujiri team and he has a very strong connection with Kevin Durant. There's already rumours that he'd be a contender for the OKC job if Brooks comes up short again this year with the Thunder.
      Please explain why with reference to what you think he brings to the table that Casey does not.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Really? I'd take Casey over Brooks. Look at what Casey has done without a player on this roser that is anywhere near the level of Westbrook, not to mention Durrant. When I take into consideration what the Raptors would look like with a talent of that level I'm sort of left to wonder what he could accomplish. It's not even a compliment to Casey so much as it's not thinking Brooks is as good as people consider him to be. Mike Brown 2.0
        with the amount Perkins sees the floor in OKC, I don't want brooks anywhere near our bench.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

UConn is probably the premier Div1 school in the East. These chances to coach at such an inst. doesnt come around often. Ollie followed an HofF coach and won in his second year. He should smell the roses some more, make good money and stay. This win will help him recruit even better. Unless of course he has this irresistible itch to get into the NBA....and if he does..to get hired by a team with immediate prospects (meaning not the Bucks or Magic etc.). Dont be surprised if the Knicks come calling...lol.

Comment

I didn't say replace Lowry, i said replace Casey.

edit: meant to quote TRex's post
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              I didn't say replace Lowry, i said replace Casey.

edit: meant to quote TRex's post
              Thank god you're not the GM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

My post was tongue-in-cheek, but "Mike Brown 2.0" seems harsh. Brooks has dome some very nice things on the defensive end.

Comment

kevin Ollie would be pricey as the "flavor of the month" if we were to fire casey which I doubt and go the college route why not Shaka Smart

Comment

Ollie has a sweet gig at Connecticut. He gets paid millions of dollars, for the main part he can hand pick guys he wants for his program and he gets no flack from his players. Plus since he just won a championship, he would be totally beloved in Storrs. He would never have to buy another meal or drink in that state. He has pretty good job security. Why give all that up?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

From an insider article via realgm (I don't have ESPN insider, so I couldn't access the full article)

Kevin Ollie has instantly become one of the hottest coaching commodities in basketball after winning the 2014 National Championship in his second season at Connecticut.

NBA teams will certainly pursue Ollie given his excellent reputation over a long career as a player.

“It’s just a matter of time,” said one NBA general manager. “The league will come calling. He’s a great communicator and has a calm demeanor. This win alone, however, doesn't just tilt the scale. It breaks it.”

“He would be excellent,” another GM said following Monday night’s victory. “He’s a stud. He understands the NBA, he’s a leader, has faced adversity and fought through it.”

One NBA executive said that whichever teams pursue Kevin Durant when he becomes a free agent will want to hire Ollie.

Durant has spoke often about how much he respected Ollie as a teammate.
                      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...NBA-Head-Coach

Comment

Casey is so unappreciated on this forum it's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Casey is so unappreciated on this forum it's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Because we don't know how to coach NBA basketball anywhere close to how much we think we do.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Please explain why with reference to what you think he brings to the table that Casey does not.
                            One NBA executive told me that whichever team (or teams) makes a run after Kevin Durant when he becomes a free agent, “will throw the whole ATM after [Ollie].” That makes sense given the enormous amount of respect KD has for his former teammate in Oklahoma City. I remember Durant telling me a few years back, just after Calhoun convinced Ollie to join his staff as an assistant, that Ollie would be a star. Durant couldn’t stop gushing about Ollie’s character as a person, and his knowledge of the game. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.eLx7V9lm.dpuf
                            Now if you add "hire former OKC assistant who KD loves - check" to this list, shit gets real.

So are the Raptors on the KD train?
                            Fav team growing up - check
                            high school teammate and PG - check
                            books clear for 2016 - check
                            high profile management with a history of luring big stars - check
                            ownership willing to spend - check
                            major performing artist who KD is a fan of - check
                            *bonus marks* friends with said performing artiest - check
                            chilling with Landry Fields over the holidays - check

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...t=Kevin+durant

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Ollie has a sweet gig at Connecticut. He gets paid millions of dollars, for the main part he can hand pick guys he wants for his program and he gets no flack from his players. Plus since he just won a championship, he would be totally beloved in Storrs. He would never have to buy another meal or drink in that state. He has pretty good job security. Why give all that up?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                              A new challenge?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                A new challenge?
                                Also most basketball coaches would love the chance at the NBA. He can always go back to college after. It's better to try the change as early as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X